Profile for Mcraymondo > Reviews

Mcraymondo

Bosch IXO 3.6V Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver
Bosch IXO 3.6V Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver

5.0 out of 5 stars The best electric screwdriver ever!, 12 Mar. 2015
I bought this on a bit of a whim, to fit my new kitchen with. I already have a dewalt 18v drill but on second thoughts, realised it may be to big to use as a general purpose driver. So I bought this and boy am I glad I did! It's literally breezed through putting together my units, screwing them to the walls(plasterboard and brick), and pretty much everything else I've thrown at it. I'm an electrician by day and I've used some dapper tools in my time, but this is easily up there with the best of them. Seriously it's that good! It's just the overall size of it (tiny)and power this thing has. A lot better than electric drivers of yesteryear. You may have read about people saying it should have a torque setting. But I think if you can spell your own name ok then you can tell when a screw is tight enough, without over tightening. The only time it struggled was when I went bat poo crazy and tried going through 3 layers of kitchen unit walls, it made it through 2 and run out of steam on the third. But that's what my dewalt is for. So as long as your expectations aren't over zealous, then this is a serious tool for the serious DIY enthusiast/tradesman alike. It's so cheap you should just buy it and it'll be there waiting for you to use when your next big or little project comes up. Even better buy it as a gift for the bloke in your life! I wish someone had for me, it'd be best gift ever IMO. My kitchen install would have been like trying to eat dinner through a letterbox without it. Overall an excellent product!

Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Offered by Take a Bite

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy smokes batman, a chip worth talking about!, 12 Nov. 2014
All I can say is wow! A true multicore CPU if ever I've seen one. I've just upgraded to this chip from an amd phenom ii x6 1055t, which was overclocked to 3.95ghz 24hour prime 95 stable, from its base clock of 2.8ghz. I also upgraded to an Asus tuf Sabretooth mark 1 z97 chipset motherboard as well. I kept the same ram which was some cheap as chips 8gb Kingston hyper blu x, clocked at 1500mhz for stability. Now I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting a massive difference in performance. Clock speeds roughly same and more cores on amd chip, I thought. Well how naive was I?
Even at stock speeds I was seeing nearly double the power. Using intelburn test on my old OC'd chip I was getting 70gflops. With this chip and a cheeky overclock to 4.6ghz and ram clocked up to 1866mhz I was getting 120gflops! Superpi on my old amd chip would take 17-18 seconds to 1 million decimal places. On the intel it was taking 7 seconds. All this with my same old ram from 3 years ago. Windows takes seconds to boot and load my favoured start up software. Games run super sweet with no lag and extra FPS noticed on all my games, coupled with a Radeon R9 290, at full settings all round. Simply just blown away with this chip. Sure you can probably say you can buy cheaper chips, or get more bang for buck. Or that there are better overclockable chips available. But when I looked at a 4770k, the price was a tenner difference. I had also heard of thermal issues with other haswell intel chips. I wanted a reliable fast chip and by the power of computer gaming gods, that's what I got. The fact I could get a little bit more power just by getting some newer faster ram, makes me even more impressed. I genuinely don't think I'll be needing an upgrade for quite some time. I managed to pick up a OEM version from overclockers.co.uk for 249 quid. Not a bad price for such a powerful chip I thought, others may disagree mind. But it is simply a case of each to their own. For me you can't go wrong with this beauty. Buy buy buy you will not regret it!

Corsair 120mm Hydro Series H80i Digital High Performance Rad All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cooler but not so user friendly., 13 May 2013
I bought this after mainly reading positive reviews. However I did run into a lot of reviews stating it didn't work with windows 8. This is not the case now, as the latest corsair link v2 software does work with windows 8. I did run into some difficulties with the USB header cable supplied though. For some reason it wasn't recognised by any of my motherboard headers, which left me unable to control the fans. This was because the software couldn't "see" my fans, nor was i able to change the led. Strangely I was able to plug a normal USB cable in and into a usb port at the back and the software could then be used to control the fans and change the led. I thought that a bit odd to be honest, I was then able to plug the original header cable in and all has been well since. I'm guessing just some sort of driver issue. Gripes aside, this is by far, the best CPU cooler I have ever used and I've used many. I bought it to replace a thermaltake frio advanced that wasn't sufficiently cooling my phenom 2 x6 1055t @ 3.92ghz overclock. That would max out at 55 degrees which is a bit close to the threshold for my liking. The h80i could keep it at 45 degrees full load and quietly with it, I can't even hear the fans with a nice little custom curve using the software from their website, brilliant! it could be even cooler with a more aggresive fan profile, but why bother with a temp so good and no noise to boot. Granted you have to obtain the software yourself from their website, but if you're buying this kind of advanced cooler or even considering it, this isn't gonna be a problem cos you will more than likely know your stuff and everybody knows bundled disks are always out of date anyway. I found a very decent way of mounting this too without upsetting flow through my case. I bought a hdd bay which sits in three of your 5.25 optical bays. Normally it's for hdds, but because it has a 120mm fan mount on there I was able to drill it out and mount the rad and fans on there and just slot it in to my case, easy peasy. So it's got it's own supply of cool air. Seriously good cooler especially if you overclock, I'm never going back to air cooled now. This one is the dogs danglys fact!!

Update 12/11/14
I am still using this cooler and I have now added some noctua fans to the setup. I traded a small rise in temps for a lot more quiet. The stock fans could get noisier when thrashing the processor. The noctuas are excellent fans and I definitely recommend them over anything else. However, I recently upgraded to an intel i7 4790k devils canyon chip. No bother I thought. Didn't have any problems with this on my AMD chip. I fastened up the back plate and it was loose. Very loose! Read on the web this was a common issue. It also seemed corsair didn't want to acknowledge the issue. It seemed like my Asus Sabretooth z97 mark 1 was either thinner than other mobos or there was a design flaw. Either way bit of a mess about. I was assured this was normal and to continue with the install. I fired up the computer and my temps were high. 95degrees high! That's not normal! It was like the heatplate wasn't biting down as hard. Luckily I'm a industrial electrician and acquired some fibre washers from work to act as spacers on the backplate. Temps are now down to 70 degrees with the chip overclocked. I've marked it down 1 star as I feel for intel users this is a problem. For less technical users this could be a massive problem! The cooler was absolutely fine with the amd setup mind. Also the USB header issue is still prevalent. Even on other window versions, mobos and setups. Fixable, but a muck about nonetheless. Clearly a glaring flaw in the driver somewhere rather than my hardware. If these issues are addressed then I'm sure a 5 star review would be fitting of the product.
Hope this helps others