Profile for Louise K > Reviews

Content by Louise K

Louise K (Epsom, UK)

Swedx XV119TVWBEECH 19" HD Ready Digital LCD TV
Swedx XV119TVWBEECH 19" HD Ready Digital LCD TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money for something different and stylish!, 6 Oct. 2008
We didn't actually buy this through Amazon, in fact we bought it cheaper elsewhere this weekend, reduced apparently from £330. We loved it from the minute we set eyes on it. Not only was it totally different from anything else we had seen but the price for a digital 19 inch, good quality tv was really good. £139!
The picture is brilliant, although it is best with our Virgin box running through it I have to admit. We need to invest in a properly boosted aerial for the digital channels as we can't pick up the digital channels well without, but we have this problem on our digital freeview on our dvd recorder so we were not surprised.
The sound is crystal clear, far outstripping what we had before. It more than does it's size justice.
We bought it for the bedroom, to match all the furniture, and it is perfect. Can't recommend it enough!
I have to admit to not having written many reviews before but I was so impressed with this little gem that I wanted to this time when I found them on here. I am only disappointed that Swedx don't do a matching DVD player!!! ;o)
My only warning is that you make sure you get the colour you really want, as we were nearly given an ash one and this would definitely have been far too light for what we wanted. The beech was definitely the one we were after.
A good 5 star rating !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2008 5:46 PM BST

Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old
Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool game... matches the tv series for fun!, 17 Dec. 2007
I bought this last week as I buy a new board game every year and played it with a bunch of us on Saturday night. Had seen the tv series on Sky One once or twice. I was not disappointed. Everyone really enjoyed it... even though most of us didn't do very well! Great fun for a good evening's entertainment, for adults, but older children alike. In fact they'd probably do better than we did, as the primary curriculum is more recent to them!
Well worth buying for a Christmas laugh. I found it much cheaper elsewhere though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2007 6:33 PM GMT

The Very Lonely Firefly
The Very Lonely Firefly
by Eric Carle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Nov. 2006
This is a charming book in its own right but it is also the perfect teaching tool for talking about and initiating discussions for sources of light in Science, in Key Stage 1. It also helps you deal with the difference between light sources and reflections of light.

It has been out of print for some years but looks like they may bring it back. :o)

Every year I have used it the children have wanted to explore it time and time again.

Well worth spending out a bit extra on to get a hard back copy as it will be well thumbed!