Profile for Jelly-Bean > Reviews

Jelly-Bean

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Am-Tech Award Winning Two Function Rechargeable LED Night Light and Torch
Am-Tech Award Winning Two Function Rechargeable LED Night Light and Torch

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be better to cost more and have them reliable - they ..., 18 Nov 2014
These are made by Rolson I think and I have used them off and on (pardon the pun!) for years. Absolutely grrrreat when they work but their life is very short which makes them overly expensive. Would be better to cost more and have them reliable - they might just let you down when you need them most! Good idea but rubbish tech. design and quality!!

Starter for Ten
Starter for Ten
by David Nicholls

3.0 out of 5 stars Aftter "One Day"............................., 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Starter for Ten (Paperback)
Having read 'One Day' first I decided to get David Nicholl's other couple of books. I was utterly captivated and moved by the style and story of the first book I read so I guess it was going to be a hard act to follow etc. Starter for ten was, to me, disappointing I am afraid. The story did not draw me in andI could not feel much sympathy with the strange people in it or the way in which their lives dragged pretty meaninglessly on. It did not grab me although I did manage to read to the end with a bit of Skipping.

Eurosonic Plug in Cordless Door Chime
Eurosonic Plug in Cordless Door Chime

2.0 out of 5 stars too quiet, 5 Jun 2014
The blurb said that the chimes were adjustable for volume - they are not. At least I could not find the button for it and consequently we often do not hear the door bell ring.

Stanley Heavy Duty Staple Gun     0-TR150HL
Stanley Heavy Duty Staple Gun 0-TR150HL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Jun 2014
Nice machine, easy to use and a good price. Wish I had understood the sizes of staple better, which I also ordered as I ended up with ones too large for most normal requirements.

Sunnex 4pc Revolving Relish Server, Stainless Steel
Sunnex 4pc Revolving Relish Server, Stainless Steel
Offered by One Click Wonder

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 5 Jun 2014
yes this does the job very well and looks good on the table. A nicer handle would have made this 5 stars but overall it is very good value in my view.

imyth *PACK OF 3* Nokia Lumia 520 Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protectors Retail Packed & Cloth + App. Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 5 Jun 2014
Absolute rubbish. Could not put them on without bubbles and after a couple of days they were as scratched and useless as the ones I had had on the phone for weeks.

Pet Friendly Places to Stay 2012 (Aa)
Pet Friendly Places to Stay 2012 (Aa)
by AA Publishing

3.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 5 Jun 2014
I knew the book was the latest available so I can't blame anyone for that. Have not had a chance to test the overall usefulness as some places might not be there anymore but overall it is a comprehensive guide.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, 5 Jun 2014
Well you get quite a lot of it but it does not seem particularly heavy duty or robust to me. I guess the UV resistant qualities might make it useful for intended purposes but otherwise I have bits of plastic lying around which would do an equally good initial job anyway.

VELCRO(R) brand Industrial Strength Tape 2"X4'-Black
VELCRO(R) brand Industrial Strength Tape 2"X4'-Black
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 5 Jun 2014
The Velcro fastenings are very strong but the adhesive on the back, for attaching to whatever it is you want to use it for is not particularly strong. Hence the stuff pulls off the wall or post when you try and unfasten the Velcro. I ended up staple-gunning the pieces to the wood and that seems to work.

Briottet Crème de Mûre Liqueurs 70 cl
Briottet Crème de Mûre Liqueurs 70 cl

2.0 out of 5 stars Get wot you payfor., 5 Jun 2014
I hummed and hared about whether to buy this 70cl of the more expensive alternative 50cl from another well-known maker. This one has lower alcohol, which I believe is necessary to combat and complement the over-sweetness of this type of drink. This one is too sweet for me and the depth of blackberry nose and flavour are not that brilliant in my view. Should have gone for the higher alcohol and more expensive item methinks as this one will probably moulder in my cupboard for a long time!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4