Profile for William > Reviews

William

Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard
Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Met my high expectations, 27 Nov 2013
My mentality is always "If you're going to buy something, buy something great." This goes hand in hand with my other mentality of "If you're going to do something, enjoy it."

As an avid gamer, I was looking for a gaming keyboard with a good reputation. Razer is one of the most famous brands and often seen as "over-rated". However, I was determined to decide for myself.
The other main reason for picking this keyboard was the fact that it has GREEN LED Back lit Keys. The emphasis for green was due to the fact that my gaming pc (Costed quite a bit) also has GREEN LED lights so this would be a great matching Keyboard.

As for performance, I can't fault it. I've only been using the Keyboard for 4 hours or so but it's impressed me so much that I'm already writing a review for it. Keys are extremely responsive and I'm able to type very fast; I can almost match the speed of a Keyboard that I've used for over 9 months.

The build quality is solid and overall it feels very futuristic, stylish and "Razer-sharp" (Get it?)

Regardless, if you're not too fussy about the LED Back-lighting, Razer Deathstalker Essential maybe better value.

Finally, I can say that I am really pleased with this Keyboard and Razer definitely lives up the the hype.

VIBOX Apache Package 9 - 4.2GHz Six Core, Advanced, Desktop Gaming PC, Computer Complete Full Package Including: Windows 8.1 Operating System, 22" Monitor, Headset, Gamer's Keyboard & Mouse Set AND a Neon Green Internal Lighting Kit (New 4.2GHz AMD FX 6350 Fast Six 6-Core Processor, 2GB AMD Radeon R9 270 Graphics Card, Raijintek Aidos CPU Fan Cooler, High Grade 500W PSU, 2TB Hard Drive, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM)
Offered by Vibox Ltd
Price: £1,274.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding PC + Good Monitor + Average Accessories, 21 Nov 2013
A little bit about myself of writing this review:

> I've had this PC for 3 days.

> This was my first ever gaming PC.

> I'm an avid gaming student and studying at university.

> I bought this because I "couldn't be bothered" to build my own. (Plus it comes as a complete package) Also, I'm more than aware that it is almost ALWAYS better to build your own PC if you are looking for Performance to Value. However, I felt like it was too much trouble.

With a small amount of background information, I give you the review of the VIBOX Apache Package 9!

P.S. THERE WILL BE A TL:DR AT THE END OF THE REVIEW + UPDATE: 6 MONTHS LATER!

PC
The components of the PC are between Mid range to High end gaming PCs. The most important (CPU) is closer to being high end while GPU; Mid Range. As a result, I'm really pleased with the performance of this PC. I have tried Skyrim, League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 on this system and managed to Max everything out and maintained a steady FPS. Skyrim was even able to be played on Ultra with several mods installed (I have not yet tried HD Texture Packs). On Metro 2033, I had to lower the settings to High (The highest is Very High) in order to maintain a smooth frame rate.

The actual case is awesome and larger than I expected. It of course still fit on my desk but I would suggest for you to check the measurements and see if this fits in your own space.

Please note: All my experience so far has been without over-clocking. I would presume that it would be even more impressive in the future once I've done more research on the topic.

Monitor + Accessories
The Monitor is great. At first, I was slightly surprised that this didn't support HDMI. However, after some more research. The DVI cable (used to connect the monitor to the pc) is almost identical to HDMI up to 1080p. Past that point, it's actually more preferable to have a DVI connection. Since this Monitor only supports up to 1080p, it makes no difference to me. Therefore, you can save yourself some money by not buying HDMI cables. However, if you wish to connect your PC to more monitors, you'll need it. There appears to be at least one more HDMI cable slot so I can have at least one more monitor hooked up.

Please note: DVI connection supports only picture display and not audio.

The speakers are fairly average. They are loud and provide OK audio. If you're a music lover, then you may choose to replace these with your own in the future. For me however, these will do and I mainly use my gaming headset majority of the time regardless.

The mouse is a nice basic mouse. It's a fairly small mouse but by no means tiny. Very simple standard left + right click with a scroll wheel. Will suffice unless you're a hardcore gamer.

The Keyboard was the most disappointing in this package. The keys feel unresponsive and therefore I'm unable to type very quickly. Moreover, the "alt" buttons seems to have broke already. It falls below me expectation of being as basic as the mouse. On the other hand, it is a full sized keyboard.

Please note: The keyboard "feeling" unresponsive does not mean that it actually is unresponsive. Every input is registered flawlessly with the exception of the broken "alt" keys. Without a doubt, I will be buying my own set of gaming Keyboard and mouse very soon.

Windows 8.1
I'll briefly run over Windows 8.1 for you but I highly suggest you do research as well for a more in-depth look at the operating system.
There hasn't been many problems with the operating system as I was made to believe. Sure I've had some annoying moments but most of it was solved by installing "Start is back". It's a program that replaces your Windows 8 button with a Start button just like the one from Windows 7. It does cost money but it's minuscule in-comparison to this package.

I extremely recommend that you watch this video ([...] and follow it as you start up your PC for the first time.

Two Free Games
These games came with the AMD Radeon Graphics Card. From the list for me were; Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs, Dirt 3, Thief, Sniper Elite and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. This game selection MAY CHANGE OVER TIME and most of them were provided for me using Steam Codes. The codes themselves are provided through the "AMD Radeon Rewards" system.

Customer Service
Vibox's customer service is outstandingly friendly. I called up multiple times with questions regarding the PC before and during installation. The advice they provided was helpful and I would definitely recommend them as a company to buy from.

As for the packaging. It came in 2 large boxes, the first being a monitor and second being everything else. I had no damaged items nor scratches so I'm really pleased.

Summary of things I didn't like.

> The CPU fan is louder than I would like.

> No easy option turn off the lights.

> Awful Keyboard and basic mouse.

TL:DR
Fantastic PC with good monitor, average accessories and great customer support. In my opinion, totally worth the money!

6 MONTHS UPDATE
As I expected, Vibox has changed a few components in the bundle (for the better) and I would expect the performance to be slightly better solely based on the specs of the updated system. In terms of accessories, they are now including gaming peripherals which I'm almost certain that is better than the basic ones I had. Also, the bundle now includes a Headset.

As for me, I've upgraded my system to a R9 290 graphics card along with the power supply to a 630W one. Extremely happy with my system because it can play around 80% of games at max settings. If you're planning to upgrade your own system, be sure do thorough research/ ask professionals. I definitely benefited from doing so. Forums are fantastic places to ask any complicated questions and I've joined the LinusTechTips forum.

Jurassic Park(TM) Builder
Jurassic Park(TM) Builder

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game!, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Jurassic Park(TM) Builder (App)
Fairly in-depth and very fun. Filled with lots of dinosaurs on land and in the sea adding more content. It doesn't force you to connect with social media either. Always requires Internet access though.