Profile for D. J. Bird > Reviews

Content by D. J. Bird

D. J. Bird "dinkybloopig" (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Increase, Decrease
Increase, Decrease
by Judith Durant
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful book......, 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Increase, Decrease (Spiral-bound)
Very useful, easy to use book.....I am learning so much. After a lifetime of using the same techniques that I learned over 40 years ago, I wanted to learn new ways of increasing and decreasing stitches.....things have really changed since I began knitting but this book is making it so easy to learn anew. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of knitting.

Mother of Dragons Daenerys Targaryen Stormborn Funny Game of thrones Novelty Mug
Offered by The Busy Bees

5.0 out of 5 stars When you want everyone to know who not to mess with...., 23 Jan. 2016
Great value item - a little larger than my usual mugs...so very happy with that! Good quality mug.

(D Pin) 25mm Lapel Pin Button Badge: I'm Not Weird, I'm Gifted
(D Pin) 25mm Lapel Pin Button Badge: I'm Not Weird, I'm Gifted
Offered by Dotts Music

5.0 out of 5 stars A badge that says it all...., 23 Jan. 2016
I wear mine all of the time. Good quality. Very happy with it.

Vintage Style 59mm Antique Bronze Plated Unique Brooch Pin Findings-20pcs
Vintage Style 59mm Antique Bronze Plated Unique Brooch Pin Findings-20pcs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value just the job., 23 Jan. 2016
Great value. They make lovely cloak or shawl brooches. All you need is your imagination.

Breakthrough Greek (Breakthrough Language Courses)
Breakthrough Greek (Breakthrough Language Courses)
by Eleni Gambarotta

5.0 out of 5 stars This Review is a Long Time Coming......., 17 Jun. 2015
Well then...I came upon this item when looking to see if I could buy an updated version of this course. I bought mine in 1994 so that I could speak a little Greek when visiting Kefalonia. I spent 6 weeks before the holiday learning and used it immediately. It is a fantastic course.....the alphabet and writing are introduced in such a way as to be relatively painless and such is the friendliness of the Greek people we met, I was able to use the conversational aspects of the course almost straightaway. As I took the book and tapes with me I was able to show them to the Greek owner of the hotel we were in and he was very impressed with it. I would encourage anyone to use this course. I have also used the Breakthrough French and Spanish courses and recommend those .

The Inner Circle (Comet Clement series, #1)
The Inner Circle (Comet Clement series, #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic start to interesting series, 20 May 2015
The book begins with the disaster that befell Tunguska . What follows is a story of conspiracy and cover-up as plans are made to save humankind while preventing public hysteria . This should appeal to fans of conspiracy thrillers as much as science fiction .

WOMANS BEACH KAFTAN LONG TOP 3 COLOURS TO SELECT FROM (30/32/34 UK, BLUE)
WOMANS BEACH KAFTAN LONG TOP 3 COLOURS TO SELECT FROM (30/32/34 UK, BLUE)
Offered by Holiday Suitcase

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Surprise....., 23 April 2015
Lovely quality item that fits me well (although I do like to wear my tops very baggy) . The colours are vibrant and the material does not feel cheap, in fact it does have some weight to it that makes it hang well. I would recommend this item to anyone who wants to wear a light comfortable top in the (hopefully) pleasant summer I am sure that we're going to have...

Whiskas C&T Tempts Seafood 60 g (Pack of 8)
Whiskas C&T Tempts Seafood 60 g (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars tasty treats at a great price., 30 Sept. 2014
These are fantastic value for money and my 19 year old cat Isis loves them! Because of her age and health I only give her 3 a day (on vet's orders) and she almost has my hand off in the process.......they arrived the next day so that makes us all happy...my German Shepherd Dog Gaia loves them too.

ADRENALINE: New 2013 edition
ADRENALINE: New 2013 edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thriller, 31 Aug. 2014
The novel proves the advice often given to would be authors, " write about what you know ". The author's medical knowledge is put to great use to create a highly credible story .

Quarantined Planet
Quarantined Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story., 16 Jun. 2014
I would recommend this without reservation , and best of all it's free. My only criticism is with the writing style which at times is a little clunky . Nevertheless the story is very entertaining and gripping .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4