Profile for Ms. D. Drew > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. Drew

Ms. D. Drew "Davidtennantmad" (Kent, UK)

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by 666 Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for a great series!, 28 Aug 2007
The fangirl inside of me (who regularly makes an appearance when these particular people are around) was delighted with the cover. So that adds points. Aside from that, I liked the series... mostly.
I didn't start watching Doctor Who untill it was rereleased in 05, with Ecclestone. I was hooked. When Tennant took over the role of the Doctor, a couple of new obsessions arose. Firstly, I was turned into a Tennantfangirl (hence the username) and I was immediatly a 10Rose shipper - Ijust loved the dynamics! So, naturally, I was apprehensive of Martha - but I made no judgments before I'd seen her in action.
I loved her character in the first few episodes, but after a while, I felt like her character had weakened. She went from being this independent young woman to this woman who was constantly saying she loved the Doctor, or sending him puppy dog eyes. Admittedly, Rose did that too, but I liked the dynamic that created. In the last few episodes however, she redeemed herself in my eyes, mainly because she regained that independence.
As for those last three episodes themselves... wow. I was on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, crying with the Doctor, and not only that, I was chanting at the screen.
I do think some of the episodes were flagging - the Dalek ones particularly frustrated me - especially as you can gaurantee we will be seeing them again. I loved, however, The Shakespeare Code, Gridlock, and Blink. For me, they all have equal brilliantness, for different reasons. TSC was amazing as I love Shakespeare and I loved the idea of the three withces thing! And as for Gridlock... well. That was breathtakingly amazing. Blink? I have never been so terrified of a TV show. I refused to take my eyes off of any statues I saw for weeks afterwards, and even my mum had nightmares.
Can't wait for series four, and I am definately going to put this oxset on my christmas wish list.