Profile for C. Ferranti-Donavellas > Reviews

Content by C. Ferranti-Do...

C. Ferranti-Donavellas "Tv Teen" (Surrey, UK)

Long Walk To Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
Long Walk To Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
by Nelson Mandela

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 22 July 2006
I will admit that as a twenty year oldguy i have not really read a whole book in my entire life..with other media like television stealing my mind, books have not really appealed to me. I dont know why i bought this book, but i can tell you that from the first page i becam glued!!! I read it at every oppurtunity i had from when i had breaks at work...to when i was goin to sleep. This book has a hook in every chapter that makes you want to read on. My friends and I knew nothing of Nelson Mandela ebfore i read this book, apart from this image that he was a hero. I now understand why, and idolise this man who dedicated his life to give the people of South Africa the right to live. This book covers everything from his early childhood, through to the ANC, His imprisonment at Robben Island...right up to the freedom that he achieved. I am not a professinal crtic, and i have no real great words in my mind that could the describe this book to its fullest...so all i will say is its AMAZING, and that if you havent read this book...do...it will make you think twice about the world we live in and understand the goodwill in people throughout this world...my next task is to read up on Winnie Mandela..who would of thought i would become a book freak!!! ;-)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 8:52 AM BST