Profile for Juliette Westbrook-Finch author of "The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) > Reviews

Content by Juliette Westb...

Juliette Westbrook-Finch author of "The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) (Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2
Smart Weigh Professional Digital Kitchen and Postal Scale with Tempered Glass Platform
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 17 Oct. 2014
Really neat scales they look good and do the job -packed well + arrived quickly.

Versatility
Versatility
by Joan Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Versatility (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, it was full of humour and well written, I love the style of poetry Joan writes, it's similar to Pam Ayres and is very easy to relate to. You won't be able to put it down, Could be read in one sitting but its also equally good to dip into time and time again. Im glad I bought it :)

Rafa: My Story
Rafa: My Story
by Rafael Nadal

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL INSIGHT INTO WHAT MAKES RAFA TICK., 24 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Rafa: My Story (Hardcover)
I was eagerly awaiting Rafa's autobiography and pre-ordered it months ago, it was well worth the wait. I really enjoyed it and I read it in one weekend as I couldn't put it down, it's a real page turner!

It gives a real insight into what makes Rafa tick, it's very honest, inspiring and really interesting; I've been a fan of Rafa's for 6 years and I admire him even more after reading this book.

The book is really well written and each chapter has 2 sections, the 1st written by Rafa and the 2nd by John Carlin with more info and insights. I especially like the way he describes Rafa as "Clark Kent and Superman" and reveals that Rafa has fears and insecurites (as most of us do & can relate to) but the way he conquers them and has achieved all he has is a real inspiration. I also love the inclusion of Rafa's family giving more inights about his personality.

There are 16 pages of colour photos in it ranging from when Rafa was a child to his US Open win last year.

A great book, Rafa fans will love it.

Rafael Nadal: The Biography
Rafael Nadal: The Biography
by Tom Oldfield

3.0 out of 5 stars It's better to wait for Rafa's official autobiography, 26 May 2010
On the plus side this book is laid out nicely with good size writing (which my mum likes) and has some nice colour photo's of Rafa in it but Rafa has said that he's not seen it (when asked about it on his blog) so he said he doesn't know how credible it is.

If you're a big fan of Rafa's like I am you will know everything in this book, most of which has been in the papers, there is no extra insight into Rafa as a person or anything new about his life so I was disappointed in that respect.

Review by Juliette Westbrook-Finch, author of The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)

Surgically Enhanced
Surgically Enhanced
by Pam Ayres

5.0 out of 5 stars very witty, observant and has you nodding your head in agreement!, 13 May 2010
This review is from: Surgically Enhanced (Paperback)
I love Pam Ayres style of poetry, it always makes me laugh and I've loved her since I 1st saw her on 'Opportunity Knocks' when I was a little girl.

This book has anecdotes written in Pam's usual witty way as well as poems and is very entertaining and is written with her usual observant style about life and funny incidents that will have you laughing and agreeing with her.

I especially identified with her anecdote about going to a different hairdresser (because she was away from home) and how we tend to say "oh its very nice, thanks very much" when really we hate it!

I also loved the Global Warming poem and the anecdote about shopping on the internet.

She has inspired me so much and I love her books.

One Hundred Love Sonnets: Cien Sonetos De Amor (Texas Pan American Series)
One Hundred Love Sonnets: Cien Sonetos De Amor (Texas Pan American Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Love Poems by an amazing writer, 13 May 2010
I am a huge fan of Pablo's and have 7 of his books, his love poems are second to none, he writes with such emotion, his way with words is breathtaking and he writes with passion and his poems are sensual, romantic and beautiful.

With lines like "Your body is smooth as stones in the water;
your kisses are clusters of fruit, fresh with dew" you will be transported into dreamland!

I highly recommend his love poems and this is one of my favourite books of his along with "love poems" and 20 love poems and a song of despair"Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

He has inspired some of my work to become more sensual!

Twenty Love Poems: And A Song Of Despair
Twenty Love Poems: And A Song Of Despair
by Pablo Neruda

5.0 out of 5 stars Pablo Neruda is the best writer of Love Poems in the world!, 13 May 2010
I am a huge fan of Pablo's I have 7 of his books and find his breathtaking way with words beautiful. I love poetry but am very fussy about what I like as some poetry can be boring but Pablo's is wonderful.

This book is in English and Spanish, set out so that the Spanish version of the poem is on the left hand page and the English translatiomn is on the right. (very handy if you're learning Spanish!)

You will find yourself lingering over his poetry as it creates beautiful images in your mind, it's very romantic and sensual.

With lines like "Leaning into the afternoons I cast my sad nets towards your oceanic eyes" and "The light wraps you in its mortal flame" his descriptions and his way with words is wonderful.

I highly recommend his love poetry and this is one of my favourites of his, as well as "love poems"Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)

He has inspired some of my work to become more sensual!

Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
by Pablo Neruda

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful love poetry I have ever read., 13 May 2010
This is a pocket sized book full of passion and romance written in English and Spanish (very handy if you're learning Spanish!) The poems are set out so that the Spanish poem is on the left hand page and the English translation is on the right hand page.

With beautiful lines such as "with your brow on my brow and your mouth on my mouth, our bodies tied by the love that consumes us" from the poem "Wind on the Island" and "the fire saw our naked kiss grow until it touched hidden stars, and it saw grief be born and die like a broken sword against invincible love" from the poem "Epithalamium" this book is wonderful!

I love poetry and Pablo Neruda is the best poet to read if you want love poems, I have 7 of his books and still want more! He is such an inspiration to me & he has inspired some of my work to become more sensual!

Archangel Michael Oracle Cards
Archangel Michael Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars very accurate tool to connect with Archangel Michael and receive guidance, 15 April 2010
I love these oracle cards they are beautiful and very accurate. Ideal for beginners and people who are used to using their psychic and intuitive abliities.

The guidebook explains that when you receive the cards you have to clear them of any energy they've picked up on their way to you (by holding them in your non-dominent hand and forming a fist with the other hand and knocking them once) and then touch each card to infuse them with your personal energy.

You then invoke Archangel Michael's protection and ask that only his love and messages come through.

Ask a question that you want guidance on and shuffle the cards. You'll know when to stop shuffling and pick a card, you'll feel drawn to, or sometimes a card will leap out at you as you shuffle because that's the one you need!

You then consult the guidebook to get your full reading, although the cards each have a little prayer on and a beautiful picture.

I have many sets of oracle cards (most by Doreen Virtue and some by Sonia choquette) and I find them all to be very accurate and beneficial, they always give appropriate answers to my questions and they are a brilliant tool to develop your intuition and connect with the Angels.

View Points and Points of View: A 'Phoetry Book' from Cornwall
View Points and Points of View: A 'Phoetry Book' from Cornwall
by Clive Blake

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful photography, wonderful poetry, a great combination, 15 April 2010
I love this book, it's beautiful quality, glossy pages and brilliant photography compliment the wonderful poetry which is thought provoking, funny,easy to read, down to earth and highly enjoyable. I really feel I'm on the same wavelength as the poet and find myself agreeing with what he's written, such as the poem "To have and to Hold" which is about prefering a good book that you can hold to all the latest trends and multi media bombardment, and "Required No More" which is very apt in these "credit cruch" times and is written with one half of the poem depressing about being no longer required as if you've been made redundant but the 2nd half is cheerful about exploring new options etc. I identified with this book a lot, It's funny, sensitive and I highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2