Profile for D. Mccaffrey > Reviews

Content by D. Mccaffrey

D. Mccaffrey "DeckyStrikesBack" (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [Blu-ray] [Region B and C]
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [Blu-ray] [Region B and C]
Dvd ~ Walt Disney Studios
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 star Film, Weak Release. The Extras Are...., 26 Jun 2014
This new Blu Ray release of the timeless classic Snow White contains one disc only.
It is the first disc from Disney s three disc set (2 Blu ray 1 DVD) from 2009.
A pity its only 1 disc, yes, but a welcome release for alot of people I'm sure.

The bonus features:

Audio Commentary by film historian John Canemaker
9 minute featurette Snow White Returns
11 minutes of deleted scenes
Some Day My Prince Will Come music video
8 minute sneak preview of The Princess and The Frog
'Disney View' which paints the black borders above and below the image (leave it off!)
three games played with your remote control.

Technical features:

1080p HD, presented in 1:33:1 widescreen
DTS 7.1 HD surround sound in english
Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound in Hindi and Spanish
DTS 5.1 in Italian, Spanish and Dutch
Eniglish, Italian, Spanish and Dutch subtitles.

I personally feel that when it comes to the UK market, Disney treat us poorly with regard to price and content, but there ya go.

CLASSIC film, POOR UK release.

WWE ELITE RINGSIDE EXCLUSIVE The Rock Summerslam 1998 Wrestling Action Figure
WWE ELITE RINGSIDE EXCLUSIVE The Rock Summerslam 1998 Wrestling Action Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nearly Brilliant But Flawed RSC Exclusive, 25 Jun 2014
First up, the packaging on this figure is absolutely FANTASTIC and its a shame to open it, a lot of effort and attention went into it.
Its unique, eye catching and honestly, I didn't want to open it.

Open it I did!

This figure is (according to the box and accessories) based upon The Rock's Summerslam 1998 appearance against Triple H.
'Whats up with his trunks?' I hear you ask. the front has 'RM' and the back has 'The Rock' - Its usually the other way round.
Well these trunks are based on his King Of The Ring 1998 match against Ken Shamrock. The lettering's in blue surrounded by yellow.

The other massive flaw on this figure, and its a HUGE one, is The Great Ones TORSO. They used the 'extra beefed up' mould they used for modern Rock. In 1998, The Rock was FAR from this big. Even a casual collector willl surely notice something Isn't quite right with it. The rest of the body is fine, the Elite Articulation is great as usual, and I'm a big fan of the headscan, which has been used a couple of times before. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The accessories are where this figure truly shines. He comes with his sunglasses which fit his head fine. He also come with Mattels first ever yellow ladder (used in the Summerslam match) and its huge, well painted, sturdy and adds extra play value.
The final accessory is a real gem - its the Intercontinental Championship belt on a purple strap - another first for Mattel.

Overall, I like this figure. I want to love it, but the torso ruins it. The trunks bug me slightly as they're not very iconic, but that torso......

So close to a perfect figure.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Best Of Leonardo [DVD]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Best Of Leonardo [DVD]
Price: 5.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough Content And Overpriced, 22 Jun 2014
I have seen this DVD go for 7 quid in some places which is VERY overpriced for a DVD with 3 episodes (68 minutes of content)
I picked up all 4 volumes in Asda for 3quid each and wouldn't pay a penny more.
Also, one of the 3 episodes on the DVD is dreadful.

The first is Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X and throws you right into an ongoing story from Season 1 which may confuse new/young viewers.

The second episode is from Season 4 - Unidentified Flying Leonard - is truly awful. An episode about a farmer growing giant vegetables.....I kid you not.

Episode 3 is great fun. From Season 5 - Leonardo Cuts Loose features a favourite of mine, Casey Jones teaming up with Leo.

The DVD is presented in full-screen, has no bonus material and no subtitles.

Its lovely to own these and it was a wonderful blast from the past, but I think we deserve full season box-sets by now.

Loud Distribution Tenacious D - Truck Men's T-Shirt
Loud Distribution Tenacious D - Truck Men's T-Shirt
Price: 12.21 - 15.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Country Clubs, 18 Jun 2014
I wear this T-shirt when I go for expensive meals or play polo.
It has a wonderful print of characterized Jables and Rage Kage riding a Fenix through the night sky, and the Fenix DOES NOT in any way resemble a penis.
The T-shirt is a nice Gildan one, good quality with a nice clear print.
I ordered a medium and it fit absolutely perfect,

ROCK ON

OFFICIAL T Shirt TENACIOUS D Jack Black TRUCK Fenix Grey
OFFICIAL T Shirt TENACIOUS D Jack Black TRUCK Fenix Grey
Offered by ripleys clothing
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Country Clubs., 18 Jun 2014
I wear this T-shirt when I go for expensive meals or play polo.
The T-shirt is a nice Gildan one, good quality with a nice clear print.
I ordered a medium and it fit absolutely perfect,

ROCK ON

OFFICIAL T Shirt TENACIOUS D Jack Black FIERY FENIX Logo
OFFICIAL T Shirt TENACIOUS D Jack Black FIERY FENIX Logo
Offered by ripleys clothing
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars WE ARE THE D, 18 Jun 2014
Absolutely LOVE this T-shirt. The shirt itself is a nice material and the print is perfect. Clear, and a good size.
Be warned, I'm not a 'fat' man, but I am certainly a slightly 'cuddly' shaped type of bloke.
I ordered medium (cocky or what) and it was on the slightly (only very slightly) side of too big.
Also, its a longer T-shirt than I would usually wear.
These are tiny little complaints - This Tshirt ROCKS!

TENACIOUS D Men's Fire Bird Short Sleeve T-Shirt
TENACIOUS D Men's Fire Bird Short Sleeve T-Shirt
Price: 13.99 - 16.12

5.0 out of 5 stars WE ARE THE D, 18 Jun 2014
Also, its a longer T-shirt than I would usually wear.
These are tiny little complaints - This Tshirt ROCKS!

Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014]
Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Joel Kinnaman
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Than I Expected, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Robocop [Blu-ray] [2014] (Blu-ray)
I dodged this at cinemas. A 12A Robocop offended and angered me to say the least.
After I had calmed down a bit, I decided to give it a chance on Blu Ray - I'm glad I did, and its actually the second best Robocop in my opinion (much better than 2 and 3)
The film is well cast and acted. The visuals are great - this is a showcase type Blu Ray. It looks and sounds stunning.
The 12A rating DOES hinder the film, it could do with a bit of gore. The plot also becomes a bit convoluted after a smooth start.
There is also a lack of action, but as I was enjoying the film itself, I didn't really notice until the film was over.

This is still an unnecessary film, and clearly a film by committee, but give it a go.
There are ALOT worse remakes out there though, but this film does lack humour and violence.

Comes with a nice lenticular sleeve, the film has English subtitles, special features are weak.
Deleted scenes, promos, trailer and three short 'making of' featurettes.
Check out the deleted scene called 'Right Hand'

Machete Kills [DVD]
Machete Kills [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Trejo
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars More Enjoyable Than The First, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Machete Kills [DVD] (DVD)
Machete Kills is an absolutey bonkers mess of a fun time.

Like the first though, Rodrigeuz seems to be missing his own point. It is overlong, too many characters, too much plot and the over abundance of CGI effects go against what this film is meant to represent. Would a few good old fashioned squibs have hurt?

It is an improvement though, its better paced with a cast on TOP form, were everybody is clearly having great fun. Brilliant to see Mel Gibson as the villian.

The film opens with a trailer for 'Machete Kills Again...In Space'. this is insane. It should also have followed the film, not preceded it.

The film is presented in anomorphic widescreen and has English subtitles.

Special features are poor as with most releases these days (one runs for 27 seconds) but does also feature 38 minutes of interviews with cast.

A mental, stupid, rubbish, great late night movie.

A Million Ways to Die in the West [DVD]
A Million Ways to Die in the West [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson
Price: 13.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful *SPOILERS*, 9 Jun 2014
I enjoy Family Guy. I adored Ted.
How could this film go wrong? It goes wrong in every way possible.
First of all, it is overlong. Its hitting the 2 hour mark, and you can feel it.
Secondly, and crucially, it is unfunny. It is a laugh free zone. It's the type of film Seth himself would tear apart on Family Guy.
I laughed once and giggled once.
I laughed when a man fell through a table after his farts had killed him.
I giggled when Seth's character (a sheep farmer) said one of his sheep ended up in a whore house and made 20 dollars.
Seths character, Albert, is so unfunny, and as the film goes on (and on) he becomes so self obsessed I actually grew to dislike him.
Charlize Theron does well with what shes given, and is the best thing about this film. Every other character is unlikable and unfunmny, and kinda just come and go. Giovanni Ribisi does get to give us a re-enactment of his dance from Ted though, which was nice.
this film had two saving graces which were too little too late and they are both EXCELLENT cameos, one is Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown - I grinned from ear to ear.
Then Jamie Foxx in character as Django.

Two laughs, two cameos and a dance (in a 2 hour mess) can not save this film.

A huge letdown.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2014 7:06 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20