Profile for Ms. D. T. Mann > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. T. Mann

Ms. D. T. Mann "Natty mum" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Dust
Dust

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the better free books I've read, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Dust (Kindle Edition)
Odd, but great little story. Right up my alley

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult read to start with, takes some patience, 27 Feb. 2015
Put it down after a few chapters, story is engaging enough, will probably finish it at some point, but not exactly a page-turner. Probably more to do with the language used, which takes some getting used to.

There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (Classic Books with Holes Board Book)
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (Classic Books with Holes Board Book)
by Pam Adams
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Feb. 2015
Granddaughter loves it

HTC One M8 Case, [Crystal Clear] Silicone Gel Skin Case Cover [Phone Case] Strong and Flexible for the HTC One M8 The Keep Talking Shop® Accessories
Offered by Keep Talking Shop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 27 Feb. 2015
Great. Does the job, only downside is that it is a little large so not as snug a fit as I would have liked, but this doesn't detract from the quality, which is really good for the price.

Apple Earphone with Microphone and Remote for iPhone - No Retail packaging comes in Crystal Hard Case Only
Offered by Buyur

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I was expecting given the reviews, 27 Feb. 2015
These are ok, the sound quality is a bit strange, no amount of tweaking the settings on my iPod seems to sort it out. They seem to decide for me how loud or quiet I want it to be, and the volume often jumps around from track to track. They also make some tracks sound fuzzy or like static, which is quite annoying. Unless they're broken, I wouldn't recommend, going to go back to my sony's for now.

Brunhide Genuine Soft Matinee Womens Leather Purse Wallet Flap Over Design With Top Zipped Change Pocket # 208-300 - Black
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, great for lots of cards, 27 Feb. 2015
Does the job, good quality, ample card slots which is what I was after. As real leather, I'm hoping paying the extra will mean it lasts longer than 6 months, like other synthetic purses I usually buy. So far so good

TUFFskinz Premium Quality Screen Protectors : HTC one M8 [2 in Pack Front] Crystal Clear (invisible) edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 27 Feb. 2015
Works well but a bit small, similar to other reviewers comments, does a good job but slightly too small for the screen, so little bits of dirt etc gets into the gap between the phone case and screen. I was thrown at first by the complex instructions on how to fit the protector, so I put the instructions down and used my common sense and it was a doddle. Due to the size discrepancy it does bubble occasionally around the edges where it meets the case, but these are easily smoothed out again.

PDNCASE New HTC One M8 Case Premium Leather Wallet Cover Protective Case Compatible for HTC One M8 Model 2014 Color White
Offered by canaso333

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 22 May 2014
I took a punt on this as I don't usually buy anything without checking out the reviews first, and this didn't have any. However, I really wanted a white leather case for my brand new gold HTC One M8, and there is very little available on the market. The case took 9 days to arrive, but 5 of those were spent in UK customs (tbh I didn't even know it was being posted from abroad!), which the seller alerted me to the day before I received it, which was appreciated. The case itself is lovely, and the fit is perfect, with holes in exactly the right places so I can still use the camera etc without having to remove the phone. I can't comment on the case's longevity yet, but I can predict the magnetic clasp will likely fail at some point (as they have on other cases I've had in the past), so it will be interesting to find out how long it lasts. It arrived in a lovely package, and also came with a complimentary stylus/pen which I thought was a nice touch. Well worth the money (and the wait). If it holds out long enough to be value for money, I'll likely buy this brand again, when a new case is needed.

Prem-I-Air Elite 2.5kW Oil Filled Radiator with Adjustable Thermostat, 3 heat settings & 24 Hour Timer
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 Feb. 2014
By thermostat I was expecting a temperature gauge - not so, just a dial that goes from low to high. That said, it does the job. I did have some delivery problems with the courier (DPD - never use them, they're terrible!), but once I got on to the seller they were great reorganising the delivery to an alternative address. However, the first heater we received was completely non-functional, so we had to return it. The replacement was much better, and has been working fine ever since. A word of advice to the sellers - check your merchandise actually works properly before posting it!

Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System (Oxford)
Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System (Oxford)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but bulky, 19 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my grand-daughter to replace an old second hand silver cross that had ceased to function. My daughter loves it, it's easy to put up and down, easy to navigate and has lots of storage space underneath, much more than the silver cross. On the downside, it does take up a lot of room, it just about fits in the car boot (she has a vw polo) if you stand it on its side, and takes up quite a bit of room in the hallway. It is also a bit difficult to navigate around some shops, but then it does beg the question whether shops should be doing more to accommodate them, given that the width is comparable to a wheelchair.....? I also bought the matching base unit for the car, which is a godsend - however, as with other reviewers I have to agree that the car seat is much too upright and does tip the baby forward, even more so when in the car. Luckily my GD is almost 3 months old now, so is able to keep her head lifted when awake: but she does look incredibly uncomfortable when asleep, as her head tilts almost completely sideways, which can't be good for her neck! Another design flaw is on the car seat and pram hoods - they don't stay put at the back when you pull them forward, and there is a gap between them if you use both at the same time, which means the baby is never completely protected from some of the arctic winds we get at this time of year unless you also use the raincover, which is impractical. One last thing that I have to question, and which seems quite ridiculous when you think about it, is at what stage in the design phase did anyone measure how big an actual baby is? I ask because, as other reviewrers have pointed out, the carry cot only fits a baby up to around 2 months old! She now has to sit in the car seat until she is old enough to sit upright in the pushchair, and as I've already mentioned this is not really practical with a newborn. So, I'm giving the system a 4 out of 5 as my daughter seems to like it - however, had it been mine, I would give it less. Come on Graco, you're supposed to be world renowned! I would suggest you go back to the drawing board - and try testing the pram out on actual real-life babies before making it available it to the public.

Page: 1 | 2