Profile for classybird > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Cufflinks "Vintage Camera, Photo" - Hand Made Cuff Links
Cufflinks "Vintage Camera, Photo" - Hand Made Cuff Links

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 25 Jan 2014
Perfect gift for a work colleague heavily into his photography. They were beautifully made and understated in style; not 'obvious' jsut interesting.

50 Buff Strung Tags 96mm x 48mm
50 Buff Strung Tags 96mm x 48mm
Offered by web-store stationery supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift tags, 25 Jan 2014
These were great for Christmas wrapping. Added a wax seal and used a metallic Sharpie for the message. Good size and good quality

10 Metres of Candy Cane - Christmas - Red, White & Green Craft - Bakers - Butchers - String - Twine
Offered by Butchers-Sundries

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas wrapping, 25 Jan 2014
I used this with brown paper for wrapping Christmas presents. The combination looked great and this was so much easier to tie than curling ribbon. Finished off with a wax seal. I've got some left which is in the kitchen drawer for it's expected purpose but will definitely use it again for a value-for-money craft supply.

Monopoly Swindon
Monopoly Swindon

5.0 out of 5 stars Local knowledge makes the game extra fun, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Monopoly Swindon (Toy)
Living a few miles but having worked in Swindon made this extra fun - buying the Magic Roundabout is a dream come true; debating the relative value of properties. We will be creating our own Chance and Community Chest cards based on local knowledge and experience to add an extra dimension so some blanks would be a great addition.

Kitchen Craft Large Heavy Duty Cook's Oven Cloth
Kitchen Craft Large Heavy Duty Cook's Oven Cloth
Offered by The Kitchen Cabinet

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement after a 'kitchen incident!', 25 Jan 2014
These cloths are fantastic quality and durable. This is a replacement for my last one which came to an untimely end. When the notes say keep away from naked flame... We were however very impressed that it sat and smoldered on a lit gas burner for over 5 minutes before we caught it just as the flames started - big oops! Lessons learnt - cloths no longer get plonked on hob; cooker knobs are checked before leaving kitchen; and my reputation in the house has dropped a few notches!

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars So much hype, so much disappointment, 10 Sep 2013
Having read the Story of O when I was 18, and a fair bit of erotica since, I was looking forward to this although having read reviews about the quality of the book was doubful. I was challenged by a colleague - you can't criticise if you haven't read it...so I did...or at least tried. When someone told me where the 'juicy bits' were I had to skip forward to read and find out what the big excitement was about. Managed to read chapter one, scan read chapters 2-8 and gave up. I struggled to read it as it was simply poorly written, poor English prose and irritating. I don't want to feel irritated when I'm reading. In this case, the internet has a lot to answer for. I have read better quality stories from authors trying to be published who are more deserving of this kind of success.
The film version of the Story of O was a bit dire compared to the book, perhaps the film version of 50 Shades will be the reverse but I shan't rush to see it or force myself to read the rest of the 50 Shades saga

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So much easier on the hand, 10 Sep 2013
First time using this style hook and was reluctant to spend a lot on a hook but it was well worth it. I find it easier to hold and it doesn't cause discomfort if hooking for a long time. I liked it so much I bought another in a different size for a different project.

Weleda Rosemary and Ginger Shampoo 250ml
Weleda Rosemary and Ginger Shampoo 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad it's now a discontinued product, 10 Sep 2013
Marvellous hair product. Read an article on sulphate-free shampoos and the benefit to curly hair o thought I'd give it a whirl. This doesn't strip the colour out of my (dyed) hair - my hairdresser noticed immediately and she only comes to do my colour every 6-7 weeks. It took a bit of getting used to as it needs 2 shampoos to get a lather. If you're over 40 and remember having to do this in your younger days before shampoo frothed instantly on the first wash, you should be ok. Lovely smell too.
I was very disappointed to find it hard to find this recently at a reasonable price so wrote to Weleda who said that this is now a discontinued line...BOOOOOO.....

Case-Mate Barely There Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Electric Orange
Case-Mate Barely There Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Electric Orange
Offered by DeviceFun

5.0 out of 5 stars Will never lose my phone again!, 10 Sep 2013
Really bright colour but I didn't feel like being boring with my new phone. My OH had a Case-Mate cover for his last phone and rated it highly (he ran over it in a truck and it survived!!). I wouldn't normally spend this much on a phone case but was happy with the quality. Case-Mate have some lovely designs and covers which were tempting but more expensive and I'm a thrifty bird!

12 Sizes Bamboo Crochet Hooks Knitting Needles 3.0-10mm
12 Sizes Bamboo Crochet Hooks Knitting Needles 3.0-10mm
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value set, 10 Sep 2013
Great set of hooks perfect for taking on holiday as I wanted to continue my crochet and pass the time on a long plane journey. Nice quality for bamboo and good range of sizes. Not as good as a metal or Knit pro wooden hook but I didn't want to spend a lot in case they were confiscated as dangerous weapons!! Great value for money and served the purpose.

Page: 1 | 2