Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "idancedwithdeath2003" (Lancaster, Lancashire, UK)

Saris solo bike trunk rack simple and strong
Saris solo bike trunk rack simple and strong
Offered by Wheelies Outlet

3.0 out of 5 stars Good rack but with a few minor drawbacks, 22 Sept. 2013
Brand new to cycling so can't really compare it with other bike racks but my experience of it is as follows;

Pros:
Really, really quickly and easily fitted to the car. Four straps with smooth metal hooks that fit to the top and bottom of the rear door (I drive a Suzuki Swift 2010 model hatchback). Big rubber feet mean it easily fits the back door of most vehicles without risking the paint work and is easily removed upon arrival.

Cons:
The anti-roll strap at the base could be better as even tightened fully it still allows the bike some movement.

The bike is held quite close to the car and with that movement it could potentially rub pedals against the paintwork; I supplement by padding the pedal with bubble-wrap or similar, but this means you must remember bubble wrap and tape whenever you travel.

There is no place on the rack that allows the steering on the bike to be fixed to hold the front wheel still. I've tried several ways and struggled. Because of where the bike then sits this means the bottom of the front wheel is free to swing around. To be fair; it doesn't much and hasn't caused a problem for me as yet after several 20 minute journeys, but on a longer drive I'd be concerned by it much more.

Overall: I'd definitely recommend it. For the money it's excellent. I bought mine as mountain biking is a new hobby and I wanted something cheap, cheerful and easy to use. I got slightly more than I bargained for with this rack, but it's not without some concerns. That being said, I'm impressed enough that my next rack is likely to be the Saris Bones which obviously is made by the same company, so they've obviously done a reasonably good job with this one!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2014 9:22 PM GMT

HTC Double Dip Flip Case for HTC One - Black/Red
HTC Double Dip Flip Case for HTC One - Black/Red
Offered by Sorze

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 22 Sept. 2013
Very convenient accessory to one of the best phones on the market. Versatile and extremely useful in a variety of situations (I use it mainly to pop my phone on my desk when I'm working so I can see the face of it) - allows you to play music and use various apps in a form where you can more easily hear the speakers and see the screen also - I also use the case to assist me with my workout apps including an interval timer and a punching bag trainer app

Beer Hall Putsch [Explicit]
Beer Hall Putsch [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint of heart... but gold, 22 Sept. 2013
For those of you who are familiar with Mr. Stanhope already then you know the score.

This is probably not his most politically cutting or socially on point. If you're looking for the 'latter-day Bill Hicks' incarnation of Stanhope, this isn't it.

What this is is an irreverent, hard-living and self-destructively honest comedian at his self-critical best. Dealing with subjects and situations that other comics would be terrified to even touch upon, Stanhope clearly LIVES what he preaches for better or worse. He's not afraid to turn back views he's espoused before and he's openly self-destructive but he starts digging and doesn't stop and the results are nothing short of inspiring.

This is a comedian working for one sole purpose; to be funny. He's experienced things wholeheartedly that most of us never will (and thank god for that) and he's done it with his entire heart and soul and translates that to the stage.

It goes without saying, if you're easily offended? He's so very not right for you that it's barely worth saying at all. But if you have an open mind and want to hear what one of the very best comedians (still) alive today can do when he's in the groove and totally on form? Then I cannot recommend this material highly enough.

ZMA iPro-Maxim Power(90 caps) 1000MG per vegi cap. STRONGEST GRADE None Steroid, Advanced Anabolic Mineral Support
Offered by Lytham Body

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for sleeping, 1 Feb. 2013
I bought this a while ago, then bought some more when I ran out. But that's mostly because I like one of what I think are considered to be the side effects; It really helps me sleep.

I will say for a kick off that I've seen no evidence that it ups testosterone; to be honest I was partially taking a punt on that anyway, I mostly wanted a source of Zinc to boost my immune system (which I'm assuming this will do given that it is a dose of zinc; again, not a doctor so I can't confirm or deny that I'm afraid! I have had a cold since I've been taking ZMA but it was a short one). That being said, I work out quite a lot and I've been eating healthier and I've both lost weight and gained some muscle but I don't really see any acceleration from using ZMA- doesn't mean there isn't any I just haven't really seen it.

However, what I have found is that the recommended dose of 3 pills before I sleep (I eventually dialled it back to 2 pills) really really helps me sleep. It makes me snoozy about 45 minutes after I take it and when I go to sleep it's a really deep and refreshing sleep. I've been waking up feeling better than I have in years. I didn't even know this was something it was credited with until I started experiencing it and checked it out online.

Do your research by all means, but I have to say so far I'm impressed with that part of it. Enough so that I bought a 180 cap pack after my first 90 cap one ran out.

Nakd - Cocoa Mint Delight Bar - 35g
Nakd - Cocoa Mint Delight Bar - 35g
Offered by All Mall Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 1 Feb. 2013
I really like the Nakd range of bars.

The one I personally enjoyed the most is the Cocoa and Orange but this comes in a close second. Very tasty, satisfies the craving for something sweet or something to dip in your brew but is much healthier than a biscuit or chocolate would be and you don't feel deprived afterwards like with some health-food bars.

I personally am not a fan of the ones without cocoa in; but that could just be because the PR department at Nakd did too good a job naming them; Cashew Cookie for instance has nothing to do with cookies in fact quite the opposite being a raw food bar. I didn't like it but again, that could be because I was disappointed by the lack of cookieness. Still very edible though!

These and the orange ones though I can't recommend enough.

Louie: Season 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Louie: Season 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Louis C.K.
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome show by the master, delivered to the UK in a very timely fashion, 1 Feb. 2013
I ordered this to the U.K. as unfortunately the show has yet to make its way here on its own.

I was impressed by how quickly it arrived, sooner than I had anticipated in fact. The show itself is phenomenal and the condition of the dvd case and disc were exactly as described; as new.

Really good purchase.

Thanks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 3:57 PM BST

Staedtler Lumocolor drywipe/whiteboard medium tip pens wallet set of 4 markers
Staedtler Lumocolor drywipe/whiteboard medium tip pens wallet set of 4 markers

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, delivered quickly for a good price, 1 Feb. 2013
Product is exactly as described with a fine enough tip to use on small or large laminates and OHP slides. I use it to record my gym reps and sets on a laminate that I made so that I can re-use it. Other wipe-able marker pens were too thick at the nib to be able to record rep numbers in a suitable way (especially with not tremendously stable hands after lifting heavy weight). This gave me four pens at a very reasonable price that all have good, thin nibs but write in a clear, easy to see way that would be useful for note-making on OHP slides where fine detail is useful to make the writing legible or as I said, they made my recording much, much easier. Good product delivered quickly for a good price.

Cheers!

Chapter War (Soul Drinkers)
Chapter War (Soul Drinkers)
by Ben Counter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars The Soul Drinkers face orks and themselves in the latest in the series., 7 May 2007
I only recently began to follow the Warhammer 40000 Black Library material, as with many other readers of science fiction, I pretty much viewed most black library material as existing only to cash in on the success of the game with trashy action sci-fi. The first series to begin changing my view of them in this light was the Ultramarines series, although even this had strong elements of action for the sake of action. Certainly books like the Space Wolves series were almost entirely dull, action-based affairs. The Soul Drinkers series however offered something better. All of the characters had depth and their motivations were clear yet I found that I genuinely grew angry at the wrongs done to the Soul Drinkers chapter during the course of the original trilogy. The books also improved as they went along, with Crimson Tears, the third book in the series, being the best.

I finished Crimson Tears about two weeks before Chapter War was released and was incredibly anxious to read the new release. Chapter war picks up where Crimson Tears left off, with the Chapter fresh from their escapades against Dark Eldar and the Crimson Fists loyalist space marine Chapter and follows them instead to fight on a world besieged by the green horde of the Orks. Another fellow space marine chapter, the Howling Gryphons, have also been despatched to deal with the ork threat, but once again their focus shifts when they learn of the presence of the excommunicate Soul Drinkers. As this happens however, the Soul Drinkers themselves descend into a brutal power struggle, and yet more dark secrets of the chapter are also unfolding.

The premise was excellent but despite this, I felt that the novel perhaps over-reached itself. It was still a superb piece of science fiction writing and continued the series admirably, but perhaps because of the sheer brilliance of Crimson Tears, I found that this was perhaps a small step backwards in terms of personal reading enjoyment.

Still, if you are thinking of reading any Black Library material, begin with the Soul Drinkers series, you won't regret it.