Profile for artymum > Reviews

artymum

Bontempi Wind Instruments - Trumpet TR4231
Bontempi Wind Instruments - Trumpet TR4231

4.0 out of 5 stars A great toy, 7 Oct. 2014
We bought a Bontempi trumpet for our son when he was about three. It was almost indestructable and the sound wasn't annoying. He loved it and it lasted a long time. Our son is ten now and plays several brass instruments rather well. It was a fun toy and if your child is musical, they'll enjoy it.

Bodum Hot Pot Gourmet Measuring Jug, 1.0 l, 34 oz, Borosilicate Glass
Bodum Hot Pot Gourmet Measuring Jug, 1.0 l, 34 oz, Borosilicate Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars much loved kitchen utensil, 19 April 2011
The Bodum measuring jug is one of my best loved kitchen utensils. It is a good looking piece of glass and excellent for measuring both dry and wet ingredients. I use the jug in tandem with measuring spoons and so very seldom need to use kitchen scales. Despite having developed a knack for dropping Bodum jugs, it is so much more elegant than anything else on the market, that I can't bring myself to buy an alternative. (So this will be our third...)

The Great Muppet Caper [Special Edition] [DVD]
The Great Muppet Caper [Special Edition] [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Muppets

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous family fun, 17 Nov. 2010
This movie is fun for all the family and has cameo roles by John Cleese, Joan Hickson, Diana Rigg, Peter Ustinov amongst others. You can't help but marvel at the ingenuity of Jim Henson. For me, the best and most suspenseful of all the Muppet movies; it has some really great moments - the muppets arrival in a totally gross, sleazy hotel in West London, a Busby Berkeley synchronised swimming sequence with the wonderful Miss Piggy, all woven around an absurd story line - romance between Kermit and Miss Piggy, and a jewellery robbery at a famous London fashion house. All you need is a bowl of popcorn, a comfy sofa and this DVD if you need cheering up!

Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
by Astrid Lindgren

5.0 out of 5 stars For boys too..., 11 Nov. 2010
I don't know who is enjoying this book more - my six year old son or myself. Pippi is a feisty character with a touch of the superhero about her and is as appealing to me now as she was when I was a kid. The book is fun for both of us to read out loud and as ever, Lauren Child's playful approach to image and text is delightful. The book isn't packed with illustrations but this leaves more room for one's imagination to take flight.

The Children's Baking Book
The Children's Baking Book
by Denise Smart

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy book, 20 Sept. 2010
I've just bought this book for a seven year old and am about to order more - one for my son and a few as birthday presents for his friends; I loved baking when I was a kid and I still remember my first cookery book with fondness; this has just the right, enticing mix of savoury and sweet recipes. As with most Dorling Kindersley books, there are plenty of clear illustrations that mean you won't be worrying about how things are supposed to be looking at any stage along 'the bake'. I'm sure this book will be put to good use by all the family for many years to come.