Profile for Outside the Box > Reviews

Draper 19782 2-Way Hand Riveter Kit
Offered by Toolville Limited
Price: 22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well and is well built, 20 Oct 2008
I bought this expecting to be able to do some rivetting - my missus handbag needed fixing and I wasn't about to buy her a new one !!

So it rivets well, what can you say!

It's easy to use, and pretty heavy in the hand. The various sized rivets included were very useful - I could get going straight away.
Buying this, I reckon the wife will now have the same handbag for the rest of her life :-)

Result!

Update:
1 year on and I've re-rivetted the missus handbag after the leather pulled through!
Also shortened a belt and done some other jobs with it.
Built like a tank and can rivet in two positions, sideways and vertically.

Don't think the wife is pleased I bought it, ha ha.

Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset
Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Oct 2008
I can spend hours on the phone for work and holding a phone to my ear is not an option, so I decided I needed a small headset or earpiece.

Being by Panasonic, the same as the DECT phone I use, I thought this would be an ideal partner. I was mistaken.

The earpiece is all hard plastic, so it soon becomes uncomfortable in the ear.

The speaker section which sits beside the ear is designed to be used on either the left or right ear, so that's good. Unfortunately it is very quiet. I am in a room all by myself with no ambient noise. Even so it was hard to hear some of the more quiet persons on the conference calls. Pressing the earpiece into your ear helps, but this makes your ear hurt after a little while.

I asked if everyone could hear me ok, and they all replied the same - it's quiet and echoey, and a bit muffled.

So for the three things I need, it was not up to the job on any: comfort, listening volume, speaking clarity.

I used it for a week and gave up when everyone I spoke to said the same and it made my ear sore. I have a bluetooth headset from Plantronics for in the car and it is great: clear, loud, comfy, long life. Think I'll get a plantroncs for use with my Panny DECT.

Last issue is that the wire into this earpeice is very thin - I don't know how long it would last if you were to give it an accidental tug.

Barcraft Wall Mounted Crown Top Bottle Opener- boxed
Barcraft Wall Mounted Crown Top Bottle Opener- boxed
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Bar Craft opener but still good, 27 Nov 2007
The bottle opener was easy to fit - two supplied slotted screws which are conveniently just the right length to screw the opener onto the side of a kitchen cabinet without the screws poking through to the inside.

Was suprised to actually receive the Starr Wall Mounted Bottle Opener and not the Barcraft one as advertised - I didn't really want the red writing on it but it's no biggie, everything else looks identical.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4