Profile for C. Jerman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
NEW LARGE 12V HEATED CAR VAN TRAVEL ELECTRIC BLANKET WARM FLEECE CUDDLE RUG
NEW LARGE 12V HEATED CAR VAN TRAVEL ELECTRIC BLANKET WARM FLEECE CUDDLE RUG
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives really good heat. looking forward to first Winter camping, 5 Nov. 2014
Well that's snug! No on/off switch which would have been handy, but I can put that in myself. Gives really good heat. looking forward to first Winter camping. Nice to have the bed all warmed up before you get in. You can't lie on it, it's only an over blanket.

For those of a technical background, it pulls 4 amps pretty much continuously. It ticks in and out once warm, but it's mostly on.

Kampa - Sabre 150 LED Tent & Awning Light
Kampa - Sabre 150 LED Tent & Awning Light
Offered by Motorhome Accessories Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars but together they give a really good light for a larger area, 5 Nov. 2014
Individually not the brightest LEDs I have seen, but together they give a really good light for a larger area. I have it mounted in some rubber grips in the vehicle so it works as a load bay light, then detaches to go in the Oz Tent. It's still quite a lot of money for what it is though. That said, I'd have another.

Trangia Fuel Bottle
Trangia Fuel Bottle
Price: £9.94 - £24.52

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine leaked so badly when pouring that I took it ..., 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Trangia Fuel Bottle (Misc.)
Mine leaked so badly when pouring that I took it back. The new one leaked just as badly. I have the 1 litre and the 500ml. They both just leak all over the place when I use them. I don't understand all the positive reviews. They are strong, well made and don't leak at all when shut, but when you open the valve and pour fuel out gently, after about 5 seconds the liquid just leaks out of the little screw stopper, all over your fingers and onto whatever you are filling. I just take the whole stopper out now and pour the fuel out. I can't find out why they leak. One tip though. Unscrew the valve and press it down once whilst the flask is vertical. This lets the pressure out if it's warm. If you do this when inverted, they spray fuel all over the place. Maybe there is a trick to them, but I haven't found it.

Jetboil Coffee Press
Jetboil Coffee Press
Offered by The Epicentre Ambleside

1.0 out of 5 stars Put the grounds in your mouth and just drink hot water. Same effect., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Jetboil Coffee Press (Sports)
I wish I'd found reviews of this before I wasted my money. For £16 it's utter rubbish, for £1.99 I might have been able to chalk it up as a failed gadget. As others have said, it doesn't seal. I have a better fit with my Bodum coffee press filter. How Jet Boil could make an item as appalling as this is beyond comprehension. How it's priced is beyond me too. I am going to look at adding an extra seal to mine and see if I can rescue the situation
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2014 1:08 AM BST

APC BR900GI Power-Saving Back-UPS Pro 540 Watts /900 VA, Input 230V /Output 230V
Offered by ATELCO Computer AG

5.0 out of 5 stars Been excellent, 9 Jun. 2014
Had it a while now and can't fault it. Been a year roughly since I got it. Doesn't make any noise has more than enough outlets. Switched the mains off the other day and it ran my 27" Mac playing a film for nearly 90 mins before I lost my nerve and switched the mains back on.

Sealey PPX Auto Probe Plus 6-24V
Sealey PPX Auto Probe Plus 6-24V
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty piece of kit, 9 Jun. 2014
Wish I'd had one of these years ago. Extremely handy. Maybe if you are an auto electrician you could spot the flaws in it. Me? I just use it for the basics and it has earned its keep already.

Outsider
Outsider

4.0 out of 5 stars Stuck in my head on repeat, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Outsider (Audio CD)
Well I'd call this a belter. I have bought a good few disappointing albums recently. Acclaimed debuts, long awaited follow ups etc where the only decent tracks are the singles being played on Planet Rock. These old boys know how to deliver. Plain and simple. Don't be put off by the comments about hard rock. I think it really more about rocking hard if you follow me. It's not death metal. It's finely crafted with a feel of it being a whole album not just tracks thrown together to help pay the mortgage. I like it as much as wake the sleeper. It is similar, but what's wrong with more of the same when it's this good? You can't please all the people all of the time. Look at Rush. I'd be happy with 30 versions of their first 5 albums. Change isn't always good.

Life, Love & Hope
Life, Love & Hope
Offered by megamoviestore

1.0 out of 5 stars I'll keep this short and free from profanity, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Life, Love & Hope (Audio CD)
It's utter rubbish. I may even delete it from itunes to save space. I would be ashamed to release this frankly. I've bought disappointing albums in the past, but this is far worse than that. It should have been called Life, Love & Hope - Out-takes.

Frontier Stove
Frontier Stove
Offered by Ronnie Sunshines

5.0 out of 5 stars Love mine to bits, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Frontier Stove
This stove is just the dog's doohdahs. The other reviewers have said it all really. I use mine in my bell tent and it always draws a crowd. I made an ash rake which makes things easier and I altered the door. I cut a round hole in the front of the door and covered it with a larger disc of metal with a pivot point so that it slides open like a spy hole. This allows better control of air flow and stops the smoke coming out of the top of the door. With the flue damper open and the spy hole open it roars like a jet engine. The air goes in at the bottom across the seat of the fire instead of going over the top of the flames. It transformed it from good to great. At night you can shut the flue, close the spy hole almost and it will just about make it til morning. With the chimney water boiler on there, I get a cuppa from my camp bed without having to get up
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 10:37 PM BST

Trangia Gas Burner
Trangia Gas Burner
Offered by The Simply Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Trangia Gas Burner (Sports)
Get one. Seriously there isn't anything else worth saying. Trangia - great. Little meths burner, cute and very effective. Gas burner? Off the scale. I haven't used the meths burner once since I got the gas burner. It's miserly on gas and so hot you could melt iron on it.

Page: 1 | 2