Profile for Mr. P. J. Wilson > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. J. Wilson

Mr. P. J. Wilson "Paul Wilson" (Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Uniross Hybrio AA/AAA Charger +4AA +2AAA+ Free WWF Panda Keyring
Uniross Hybrio AA/AAA Charger +4AA +2AAA+ Free WWF Panda Keyring

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little batteries, 3 Jan 2010
I got sick of my rechargeable batteries always going flat, so I bought these. So far they've been great. I use them in my wireless mouse mainly, and also for bicycle lights. Both of these get used only occasionally, and I hate it when the batteries and gone flat in between.

MySpace For Dummies
MySpace For Dummies
by Ryan Hupfer
Price: 14.91

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful, 3 Jan 2010
This review is from: MySpace For Dummies (Paperback)
Maybe I'm just not that much of a dummy, but I always find that these "for dummies" books are only good for complete beginners. If that's what you want, that's fine, but don't expect to get anything very advanced out of it!

The Sudoku Cube Magic Dice 5.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 cm
The Sudoku Cube Magic Dice 5.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 cm
Offered by Otherland
Price: 6.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't really like it., 3 Jan 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my Dad for Xmas, who is is Rubiks Cube and Sudoku nut, so I thought it was perfect. But he's hardly touched it, so I guess he doesn't like it much.

Swiss Travel Products World Travel Adapter
Swiss Travel Products World Travel Adapter
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)
Price: 6.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but don't, 3 Jan 2010
I think this is one of the most useful things I have ever bought. It works in pretty much every country I've been to (France, Italy, Germany, USA, New Zealand, UK). I have various devices with various different plugs on them, and need to use them in all sorts of different countries. It's WAY cheaper on Amazon than at the airport (they are selling for about 20 at most airport!)
The only downside I've found it that it's possible to unplug the back face, then put it back in again the wrong way around (doh!). Then you can't get it out without breaking it and you have to buy a new one. But if you manage to not do this, then it's fine!

Belkin Universal Laptop Travel Surge, With C6 Style Connector, 2m Cable
Belkin Universal Laptop Travel Surge, With C6 Style Connector, 2m Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 3 Jan 2010
Not much to say abou this really. You plug it in and it stops your laptop getting killed by electrical surges. So far my computer is still alive, so I guess it's doing it's job! I liked it because it is small and just connects in-line with the power cable, so I don't need to worry about forgeting to use it.

Nokia - 1208 black
Nokia - 1208 black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid phone., 3 Jan 2010
This review is from: Nokia - 1208 black (Electronics)
I bought this phone about 18 months ago now and it lives in my pocket every day. I didn't need an internet phone, and don't car about what my phone looks like - i just wanted a cheap, reliable phone. Oh - and I only ever buy Nokias, mainly just because I'm used to how they work.
This phone has been great. It has all the standard features - plus it has a TORCH at the top of it, which I use all the time!

Kodak EasyShare P725 7 inch high-resolution Digital Photo Frame, with 4000 image storage capacity - Black
Offered by SundayElectronics (Orders Dispatch within 24 Hours Usually)
Price: 129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice simple design & worked well., 3 Jan 2010
I realy liked this. It has a clean-cut, simple design and the interface is very easy to use. I actually bought it for my Mum, who is hopeless with technology - so that she could see all those photos that were otherwise buried somewhere in her computer. It works fine.

A4Tech Mini X-Slim Keyboard KL-5UP - Keyboard - USB
A4Tech Mini X-Slim Keyboard KL-5UP - Keyboard - USB

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little keyboard, 16 Oct 2008
I bought this to carry around with me so I can use my laptop on a riser stand for better desk ergonomics.
It is nice to use and compact enough to fit in my laptop bag. I use it every day and so far no problems.
Would definitely recommend it.

KMS - 3 IN 1 RETRACTABLE iPOD CABLE + USB MAINS CHARGER + USB CAR CHARGER
KMS - 3 IN 1 RETRACTABLE iPOD CABLE + USB MAINS CHARGER + USB CAR CHARGER

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money., 16 Oct 2008
I have tried a few of these cheap USB chargers, and so far none of them have been any good. They don't charge my TomTom or Creative Zen Micro at all. They are okay for low-power devices, but they are cheaply made, and the USB connections seem loose.
Also I read a review of Chinese imported chargers not meeting CE standards and causing short-circuits.
I have thrown mine away.

DURAGADGET Swivel Car Vent Clip Mount For TomTom One V2 And V3
DURAGADGET Swivel Car Vent Clip Mount For TomTom One V2 And V3
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like it., 16 Oct 2008
Yes okay, it does fit into the grilles of my air vent and it does hold my TomTom, but the build quality isn't very good and it's tricky to use.
My TomTom doesn't slide into the clip very well so it is a fiddle to take in and out. Also once it is clipped into the air vent it is very hard to get out again.
Also it sticks out a really long way from the dash and puts my TomTom in a position where I had to look a long way from the road to see it.
I've gone back to just using the windscreen-sucker instead.

Page: 1 | 2