Profile for Es > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ichi Women's Crew Neck Long Sleeve Jumper -  Black - Schwarz (black 10001) - 12
Ichi Women's Crew Neck Long Sleeve Jumper - Black - Schwarz (black 10001) - 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Casual, good quality, 1 April 2015
I actually got the grey jumper which I'm pleased with (although pictured as being black and vice-versa). Medium weight, machine washed and stayed in shape. Good fit. Would like to have it in other colours too!

Vivid Arts Stone with Tongue Granite - Small
Vivid Arts Stone with Tongue Granite - Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 1 April 2015
Bought one as a pressie (and one for me). It's brilliant - my mum and my niece thought they could zip the mouth up - it's so well done. I'm not sure I'd like the larger one as this size is just slightly larger than lifesize (unless the model had a giant mouth) and sits well on a shelf indoors (not sure why anyone would put it in the garden?. I'm hope the seller manages to get hold of the stone with the "eye" or the "teeth" as I'd love those as well.

Genuine Skinny Thin 12mm Fashion Waist Ladies Womens Leather Belt Made in the UK
Offered by The Rock Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, 1 April 2015
Good quality belt and not hard/stiff like some but not thin either. I wear it practically every day and it's not showing any signs of wear.

Mooncolour Womens Midi Pattern Pure Color Cardigan Outwear
Mooncolour Womens Midi Pattern Pure Color Cardigan Outwear
Offered by Mooncolour-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, order a size up though!, 1 April 2015
I love this cardigan/jacket. I half expected it to be light/thin but it's not and is really quite good quality. It's suitable for a winter cardie or a breezy summer evening jacket. It's a nice shade of red and has a slight "eyelash" finish. Oh, there's a half belt across the back too but it doesn't really need it and two pockets (that I keep forgetting about as they aren't that obvious).
I would have ordered a size up if it had been available as it would have fitted better edge-to-edge. I'm size 12/14 UK and think a 14 would fitted better.

Without Conscience: Story of Charles Manson in His Own Words
Without Conscience: Story of Charles Manson in His Own Words
by Charles Manson

2.0 out of 5 stars Or.... "Confessions of The Lowest Form Of Life", 9 Dec. 2014
The subject is the main reason that I don't like this book, although it is fairly well written but took me the first few chapters to really get into it. I'd already read 'Helter Skelter' and wanted to read another side of the same story.

Charles Manson is, as the title states, Without Conscience. Yes, he's had a very poor childhood and is so institutionalised that he is genuinely unable to cope with the responsibilities of the real world. Does that excuse his actions? Many will think so but the Manson that was depicted to me really is a plotter and schemer and there wasn't any level he wouldn't stoop to in the manipulation of the young people he (initially) drugged and controlled to make his way through life ensuring others provide for him whether or not he is entitled to anything from them. He made sure he took his share (and more) of whatever was on offer (including drugged sex) and really believed in his self appointed position of "guru" when he was no more than a grubby little hobo who should have been punished more than he has been - he's been happy to live his days out imprisoned (and looked after without any effort - again) and even happier no doubt that he has recently arranged his wedding to a delusional 25 year old who has convinced herself that he's not what people say he is. Oh dear, You couldn't make it up!

Anyway it's a good read if you can manage to contain your feelings towards this smug pondlife and I'm so glad that he doesn't make a cent out of it.

Perfect Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People: Hundreds of Ready-to-Use Phrases for Handling Conflict, Confrontations and Challenging Personalities (Perfect Phrases)
by Susan Benjamin

2.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 5 Dec. 2014
I highly recommend this book for all the wannabe corporate speakers out there. I've heard so much of this over the years: "Moving forward" blah blah blah. Don't the "bosses" realise the ridiculousness of such phrases yet? (How we laugh)
Page 47 however, is absolutely brilliant on How To Confront The Bully Boss eg starter phrase #1: (You say to your bully boss) "Comments like that are unproductive and do nothing but create bad feelings". If I ever hear anyone use that phrase at work I won't be able to contain myself! *dabs eyes*
On the humorous basis, I'd give this 5 stars ;o)

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Extra Sweet Edition (If You Give...Book)
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Extra Sweet Edition (If You Give...Book)
by Laura Joffe Numeroff

5.0 out of 5 stars Still love it after all these years, 5 Dec. 2014
I bought this for my 6 year old niece as my son had it when he was little and he loved it.
We had a paperback but this hardback is lovely although a longer story than I remember. She'll love the little stickers at the back so all in all, a great little book for those learning to read (suitable for boys and girls).

Womdee(TM) Bohemian Women Lady Vintage Retro Tribal Lucky Pattern Soft Chiffon Scarf Large Beach Shawl-Red With Womdee Accessory
Offered by DS-Mart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look, great price!, 5 Dec. 2014
Absolutely love this scarf and it's a great size and quite good quality. Great value and been admired. Slow delivery but worth waiting for. I've never really worn scarves much but now I'm acquiring a small collection. Strange little freebies with Womdee items - don't know how they keep their costs so low!

Womdee(TM) Fashion Soft Chiffon Black Cat Prints Ladies /Women Long Scarf Shawls-Apricot With Womdee Accessory
Offered by DS-Mart.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good value, 5 Dec. 2014
Light, fine and plenty of it - great value and looks lovely. Suitable for those little "extra" pressies! Takes circa 3 weeks to arrive.

Scary Mary (The Scary Mary Series Book 1)
Scary Mary (The Scary Mary Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely dreadful, 30 Oct. 2014
Whether it's free or cheap, don't waste any of your life even bothering to read it - it's woeful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5