Profile for E. Wright > Reviews

Content by E. Wright

E. Wright (London, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery, 31 May 2010
Yep, it's just a battery. But it fitted into my Swatch watch fine and it works, so that's good.

Party Keller
Party Keller

5.0 out of 5 stars Whuh? I'm the first?, 8 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Party Keller (Audio CD)
How come I'm the first to review this AWESOME album!?

I bought this well over a year and it's definately my all time favourite compilation. If you're a fan of 80's mix-tapes and Soul Jazz Records, then you'll love this. It's got the best mix of soul, jazz, funk and hip-hop with some absolute gems.

'Born Under a Bad Sign' is an amazing slice of pure acoustic funk whilst 'Up Town Top Rankin' and 'Rhymin' and Rappin' ae such perfect dancehall funk tunes you'll be guaranteed to be asked at parties "Who is this? Can I get a copy?".

It does get a bit 'scratchy' in the middle (ol' skool Dre), but pretty soon it's back to dancable tunes. For people like me who like a bit of retro funk but haven't the stamina to religiously collect old 7" records, this is perfect.

Cansei De Ser Sexy
Cansei De Ser Sexy
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Cascading Style Sheets? No, just tunes..., 6 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Cansei De Ser Sexy (Audio CD)
I'm a sucker for a bit of foil-blocking on a CD cover so I bought this. And it's darn funky. Essentially it's a bunch of hot Brazilian girls and an old guy making electro-party tunes in the LCD Soundsystem stylee.

With songs like 'Meeting Paris Hilton' and 'Music is My Hot Hot Sex' it could all be a bit arty-style-posturing, but it's the sound and lyrics have a tongue-in-cheek hint of Har Mar Superstar about them. It's the kind of music you'd expect to hear at a particularly good Sonar house party.

Great for parties, put in on your stereo multi-changer with LCD, Hot Chip and Datarock.