Profile for Stacey > Reviews

Revenge of the Tide
Revenge of the Tide
by Elizabeth Haynes

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 2 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Revenge of the Tide (Paperback)
I enjoyed Elizabeth Haynes' first novel. It was clever and well written. This, however is far from that. I found the plot weak, the writing poor and the heroine uninspiring. I felt that, whatever else, Elizabeth Haynes would write complicated and strong female characters. However this heroine was one dimensional and, dare I say, boring. I will however read the next novel. Someone that is capable of writing her first book is much better than this. I wonder if she was rushed to produce something quickly to follow her success quickly. Read her first, I personally would not recommend this.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny hands needed, 15 Oct. 2009
We bought this slide for our son's birthday. After we read the reviews my husband and I decided to start 3 days before his birthday to construct it! Thank god we did! All the reviews are correct! You need the hands of a small child, all the time in the world, the patience of a saint and a strong relationship! The manufacturers just need to sort the instructions out. Dodgy pictures and no written instructions make it even harder. However once it was done it is great and he loves it It feels sturdy and safe and will be a fixture in our garden for him and his younger brother. Stick with it and you get a great slide at a really good price.

Page: 1 | 2