Profile for MR S B HUSSAIN > Reviews

MR S B HUSSAIN

5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet
5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly at is says on the cover, 3 April 2014
I just finished my 5 days today, I had been working out for 7 weeks and eating pretty well over this period and I still lost 7.3lbs, I would not say that it was easy but it was an amazing way to kickstart my body and mind.

What I love about this book and concept in general is that it makes so much sense, I am not pumping any chemicals and powders into my body and I feel like I have not 'cheated' my way to weight loss as in other plans.

I would recommend the book, the plan and the 'way of life' to anyone.

Secrets to Winning at Office Politics: How to Achieve Your Goals and Increase Your Influence at Work

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very succinct advice, 22 Feb. 2014
This book will ring true to most people, it provides a landscape of the political pitfalls in most offices and goes on to provide practical advice about what to do and most importantly what not to do. It is also chock full of exercises that allow you to understand what kind of a political animal you are and how best you can use your personality to your advantage

Hungry for Change (Enhanced Edition): Ditch the Diets, Conquer the Cravings, and Eat Your Way to Lifelong Health

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but Not able to access the videos, 22 Feb. 2014
Although the book is a print version of the documentary by the same name it is still a powerhouse of information. I started following some of the recipes and feel much more energised. My only issue is that the kindle version does not seem to have links to the videos (am using the kindle app on a samsung note 3)

But a great source of knowledge and importantly simple actionable information that can no doubt have a profound impact on ones wellbeing

Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die
Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, Enlightening Storytelling, 13 Mar. 2013
I am new to the field of predictive analytics,and so i was expecting this book to somehow 'give me all the answers' regarding 'How' to conduct prediction along with useful nuggets that would have otherwise have taken me a lot of trial and error to figure out.

However, this book is more of a story that shows where the field came from, who are the main players and how it is being used (and will be used) in various sectors and industries. The book is written very well and is successful in engaging the reader and creating 'Interest' in the field. Although there is little detail regarding how to conduct the modelling, the end result of reading this book is increased awareness and interest in this field, the appendix at the end has lots of great references and recommendations for further reading, providing the detail that i was looking for.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 10:20 PM GMT

Total Recall
Total Recall

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard work and Reps - my two takeaways, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Total Recall (Kindle Edition)
Having admired the achievements of Arnold Shwarzenneger i really wanted to see how he had lived his life. The book tells the story of a determined single minded person hellbent on success and willing to pay the price to achieve it. A good motivating story that proves there is no substitute for hardwork, repetition and dreams

The only negative is the rambling that goes on for a few chapters about the political system while he is governor (BTW I am a european citizen)