Profile for VinSom > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Snake In The Monkey's Shadow [1979] [DVD]
Snake In The Monkey's Shadow [1979] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Cheung

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor picture quality not DVD quality and scenes cut., 25 Oct 2012
The quality of this movie really is as bad as if not worse than the VHS copy I had. It's not been remastered to DVD quality at all and the best part of the film when the real monkey fights the real snake which is when the young martial artist sees and learns the true skill of the monkey technique is cut from the film completely.

Buy the unedited version if you can find it.

Masterplug DDLH Dusk Till Dawn LA Holder Adaptor
Masterplug DDLH Dusk Till Dawn LA Holder Adaptor

4.0 out of 5 stars Tip On How To Make It Work Properly, 10 Sep 2012
After reading the instructions I fitted the Masterplug light timer in the hallway and found I had the same problem as others. The light turned itself on/off continuously. This was because of the light/lamp shade reflecting the light back into the Masterplug's light censer making it think it was dawn so the light turned off, now because the hallway was in darkness again the Masterplug's light censer believing it was dusk turned the hallway light on again and so on.

What I did to make the Masterplug light censer work properly was to put a piece of dark matt coloured paper about the size of half an A4 sheet inside the lamp/light shade on the side where the Masterplug censer is, this stopped the light reflecting off the inside of the light shade and into the censer.

The other option is to remove the lamp/light shade all together.

I hope this works for you as it did for me.

Neewer New Opening LCD Screen Tools Kit Set for Repair Apple iPhone 4 4G
Neewer New Opening LCD Screen Tools Kit Set for Repair Apple iPhone 4 4G
Offered by Global_omouk

4.0 out of 5 stars Iphone Screen Tool Kit, 9 Sep 2012
I have read reviews about other screen removal kits for the iPhone saying that the screw drivers supplied are the wrong size for the screws on the iPhone but these ones are the perfect size and do the job. The only problem is you can see and feel they are cheap and cheerful and you have to be careful when undoing the screws on the iPhone because the star head screw driver feels like it going to round off very easily.

Steam Mop HSM2001 Replacement Pads - 5 Pack
Steam Mop HSM2001 Replacement Pads - 5 Pack
Offered by Design&Trade

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR THE H20 X5 STEAM MOP, 12 April 2012
DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM if you have the H20 X5 steam mop as the velcro strips are in completely the wrong place to the ones on the mop head and therefore will not secure in place. Its not Holmes fault but Amazons for displaying the mop pads next to the H20 X5 as a recommendation replacement pad for the steam cleaner when actually it's not compatible.

I've given the item a 1 star to make others aware of this problem as nobody reads 2-3 or 4 star reviews but if like me you go through the bother of unstitching the velcro and restitching in back on in the correct positions then i would give it a 5 stars because the quality of these pads at £2 each is very good. There bigger and better than the original 1 that came with the H20 X5 and at £100 for the H20 X5 you'd think that they would give you more than just one pad.

CrownTrade® Bluetooth Headset Wave Wireless Bluetooth Handsfree Headset (UK Dispatch) (black)
Offered by total digital stores

2.0 out of 5 stars Jabra BTWAVE Wave Mono Bluetooth Headset, 24 Nov 2011
I ordered one of these Jabra BTWave bluetooth headsets from Amazon as the Plantronics Voyager Pro headset I am using is a bit tatty now and the rubber loop that gos around my ear has split. I had to send the Jabra back for an exchange due to bad sound quality, the exchange is going back as well due to the same problem that nearly half of my friends complaining that they can not hear me properly. I can hear them fine but they said that at times I sound muffled like the mic is to close to my face and other times during the same conversation I sound like I'm far away from the phone. I am a London taxi driver and speak for about 2 hours through the day to about 8 different taxi driver friends. Three or four complain that the sound quality is really bad that they advice me to throw the blue tooth out the taxi window and drive over it and then reverse and drive over it again because they hate it that much, the others say it tolerable.

If you only speak to a couple of people a day for a short time you might get away with using this bluetooth but if your a business person or someone who's job means being on the phone a lot for long periods DO NOT buy this headset.

This Jabra bluetooth is designed for the mic to loop around the bottom of your ear and to rest against your cheek which is another problem because it always catches on my clothes or jacket when i turn my head, also it doesn't stay in your ear properly, your always having to adjust it which is very annoying.

I think I'll purchase another Plantronic or just super glue my old one where the rubber has split because not one of all the people i speak to ever say they can not hear me properly.

TomTom GO Connect Cable
TomTom GO Connect Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars TomTom GO 1000 Connection Cable, 12 Nov 2011
I was a bit wary about buying this cable because a lot of the times as you all know the picture that the seller displays is never the same as the item we receive like the mobile phone car charge with the straight cable you thought you were going to receive only to find the annoying curly cable one turns up.

This cable is actually a genuine TomTom cable and costs the same as if you buy direct from TomTom only without the postage and package cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3