Profile for the lambanana > Reviews

Content by the lambanana
Top Reviewer Ranking: 134

the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Transcend StoreJet 300 2 TB Thunderbolt USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive for Mac
Transcend StoreJet 300 2 TB Thunderbolt USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive for Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars made for each other, 13 Dec 2014
PERFECT
=======
Plugged in. Voila it was instantly ready.

STYLE
=====
The style of a mac is often imitated. They are beautiful pieces of machinery. So you wouldn't really want a big, ugly, noisy portable hard drive as it's friend.

SLEEK
=====
Sitting next to my Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, OS X Lion) it looks like they were made for one another. It actually looks like it's been designed by apple.

QUICK
=====
It's uses USB 3 so files were transferred quickly. Very quickly.

GOOD VALUE
==========
Considering it's portable, it's styling and the price per megabyte it's remarkable value.

OVERALL
=======
If you're looking for a beautiful looking portable hard drive that would suit your apple macbook, look no further.
Hope this was helpful, feel free to post a question and I'll try to help.

Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1NZ 15.6-inch Notebook (Silver) - (Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7/2.7GHz, 8GB RAM, 750GB Memory, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars toshiba L50, 13 Dec 2014
SILVER
=====
There are a few versions of the Toshiba L50. The only difference is the size of the hard drive. (most of them 1TB) and the processor.

INTEL INSIDE
============
This has the i5 There are also AMD A8 i7 Intel Pentium N3540

IS IT FAST?
===========
Well, it's not slow but it's not a super speedy ultrabook. It's able to play games, and for normal activity this is just fine. I ran some tests and the only thing it struggled with was 3D rendering. Everything else was perfectly acceptable.

PORTABLE
========
It's just under 3 KGs. I think it looks rather nice out and about. The size (15.6) is perfect for transporting and the battery life isn't too bad.

STRENGTHS
=========
Its main strengths are in it's sturdiness, the 1TB hard-drive, has HDMI and USB 3.0 ports. The sound is also worth mentioning.

=====
A deep, rich bass. When watching a film the dialogue really really clear. Very crisp.

DISPLAY
=======
I think it's ok. Not fantastic. That said, it's not too poor, just OK.

TARGET AUDIENCE
===============
Mid range general use. It won't disappoint. For gamers, developers, video editors you will need to look elsewhere.

=====
The chassis looks sleek and modern. Pretty in fact.

WINDOWS 8.1
===========
I may be the only person who likes windows 8.1. But it performs very well on this.

KEYBOARD
========
Responsive. I actually got to like it the more i used it. It's not backlit, which I prefer.

HEAT
====
After a few hours of use the laptop was slightly warm. No overheating.

WIFI
====
No issues. No drop outs. Good.

SOFTWARE
========
A little is included, but not tons and tons of bloatware, which I appreciate.

OVERALL
=======
Looks good, is slim and lightish. And quite good value for the price.

===========
Yes. Hope this was helpful, any questions I'll try to help. Just post a question.

Bosch Tassimo T32 TAS3202GB Hot Drinks & Coffee Machine -  Black
Bosch Tassimo T32 TAS3202GB Hot Drinks & Coffee Machine - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars small but cute, 13 Dec 2014
CUTE
=====
It has a small footprint, so won't take up too much space in the kitchen. But not only is it rather cute, it's pretty. I think it looks exceptional, particularly bearing in mind it's not that expensive.

QUICK
=====
It's really simple to set up. Up and running within minutes of opening the box.
Just pop in the tassimo capsule, bish, bash, bosh and 30 seconds later you have a nice cup of coffee.

ONLY COFFEE?
=============
No, it does hot chocolate and tea. I tried the tea. Let's say I'll stick to tea bags. But the coffee is nice. It's really a question of trying a few to see which ones you like.

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE
=======================
There's loads of Tassimo capsules to choose from. 22 Variety Pack 20 Variety Pack 37 FLAVOURS Costa Americano 80 pods
All I can say it makes nice, simple coffee.

GOOD VALUE
==========
Taking into account the machine and the cost of each capsule I think it's reasonable value.

===========
If you're after a reasonable priced coffee machine this is one to consider. I hope you found this helpful and if you have any questions feel free to post a question.

Aiptek GS 200 Full HD Dash Camera
Aiptek GS 200 Full HD Dash Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars super duper, 13 Dec 2014
REASONS FOR A DASHCAM
=====================
Being in the Uk there tends to be a tendency for some drivers to think, "I've been in a crash, I've got Whiplash, It's someone elses fault," to the worse, "I'm staging an accident to get some compensation."
Not every driver. Just a small minority that up until this type of gadget would get away with it. (Your word against theirs.)

I've also seen some outrageous driving and this allows you to report that driving if you wish to. I'd read recently of a cyclist being able to establish to someone's employer that their employee's driving was unacceptable and caused an injury.

It can also is for those positive moments. To record holiday and weekend trips, capture scenic routes and to share interesting moments.

NEXT YOUTUBE SENSATION
======================
I've seen a few dashcam devices capture freak weather, bizarre behaviour of pedestrians in the road, and unusual driving. There's even some dash cam footage that has captured meteor showers. So those "unlikely events" could make you the next youtube sensation.

DISCRETE
========
Discreetness is a necessary requirement with a good dashcam. This is lovely and small.
It's almost un-noticable when on the windshield. It's black which makes it blend more.

VIDEO RESOLUTION
================
One of the most important factors in a dashboard camera's video quality is the video resolution. This is full HD and the results are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. When I played back the results I was surprised. Clear and detailed.

NIGHT TIME QUALITY
==================
I had my headlights on but the quality was just as impressive as during the day.

LOOP RECORDING
==============
To make sure the camera doesn't stop recording when it runs out of disc space it has a feature called loop recording. Simply records over the oldest recordings first.

OVERALL
=======
Small, neat and good quality. Certainly one to consider if your after a good quality Dash-Cam.

Pure Pop Midi Portable DAB Digital/FM Radio with Bluetooth
Pure Pop Midi Portable DAB Digital/FM Radio with Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOKS GOOD-SOUNDS GREAT, 13 Dec 2014
LOOKS GOOD
==========
It's a rather nice looking speaker/DAB radio. However, I'd say it would suit a stylish kitchen rather than the bedroom.

SET-UP
======
The set-up was easy and straightforward. Simply turn on and it'll tune in seconds.
The bluetooth was just as easy. I had my "tunes" booming out within minutes of my opening of the box. I say booming out, it was just right.

=====
The sound out of the speaker was fine. Rich and not too basey. Not at all tin=ey either. So overall a nice, resilient sound that doesn't distort at full volume.

PORTABLE
========
The blurb says that you can get a battery pack. But at the time of review (DEC 2014) this isn't available. To be fair, I have a pure battery pack in a different pure radio and although they are good, they're a little costly. This one has the new option of putting AA batteries in. I put good quality rechargeable batteries in and they lasted about 4 hours. I thought that was good. You could take two sets of batteries for all day listening in the park.

===========
If you're after a portable bluetooth speaker with the added advantage of DAB radio then this is definitely one to consider. In it's favour are it's looks and sound. There's little against it.

Kenwood HDP406 Hand Blender, 800 Watt, White and Silver
Kenwood HDP406 Hand Blender, 800 Watt, White and Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars handsome, 13 Dec 2014
DURABLE
========
This is much better than my last one. It should be as it's also more expensive. Out of the box it feels weighty, well made and very durable. Not too weighty mind you, just that weightiness of a well made kitchen tool.

STYLISH
=======
It look nice too. We have quite a modern kitchen and this looks very nice sitting amongst the other kitchen gadgets. It doesn't look cheap either. I suppose if I had to attach an adjective to it, it would be that it's handsome. (I'm sure it's against the law in some countries to call a hand blender handsome.)

SMOOTHIES AND SOUPS
=====================
Tried it with smoothies and soups. Perfect results each time.

==============
If you're after a well made, handsome looking blender then yes.

Belkin 1.2 m Lightning-to-USB Braided Tangle Free Cable with Aluminium Connectors for iPad, iPod, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6 & 6 Plus - Gold (MFI Approved)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than original, 13 Dec 2014
BETTER
======
It's much better than the original cable. It's solid, untangle-able (if there is such a word) and well made.

COMPETITORS
===========
There are a lot of competitors making these replacement lightning connectors.
I have the original one from apple.
There are also the ones you can buy here on Amazon or the well known auction site.
They typically are about one pound and don't last very long (if at all.) Genuine Apple USB to Lightning Charge and Sync Cable - 1m
In their listings they typically state that they say genuine. They are as genuine as the "genuine fake watches" bought in Turkey.
Amazon do a good replacement one too. AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) - Black They're fine but not as good as this one.

LIGHTNING
==========
My little moan-mid review: I much preferred the older apple connectors, or would prefer if they went to mini usb. (it would be much more greener.) Moan over.

WHY IS IT BETTER
================
I do find the apple original ones seem to last 6 months before they fail. This appears to be more resilient to knocks and bumps and looks like it'll last ages. It looks nice too.
Overall, a nice looking, well made replacement. What more can you ask for?
I'll update the review if there are any issues. WATCH THIS SPACE. :)

Honeystore Women's Sexy Fur Trim Christmas Costume LC7217
Honeystore Women's Sexy Fur Trim Christmas Costume LC7217
Offered by Honeystore

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I Love It, 9 Dec 2014
HEART
======
I ordered this as I'm all heart. And it's a gift that keeps on giving.
Not only is it well made it's lovely to look at.

REVIEW PURPOSES ONLY
======================
For the purposes of the review I asked my wife to see if there was any difference wearing it in the morning to wearing it at night.
I can report she says there's no discernible difference. Then I wondered if there would be a difference on wearing it for a prolonged period: "No it's fine."

MOVING
=======
And for the purpose of the experiment the outfit is superb when worn when moving. Running up and down stairs, bouncing on the bed. All fine.

WELL MADE
==========
It's actually very well made and I love it.
For some reason "I'm not allowed to post pictures of the outfit on Amazon" so I got the next door neighbour to try it on.

Comment Comment | Permalink

AKG K3003i True 3-Way Reference-Quality Hybrid Technology In-Ear Headphones with In-Line Remote - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Short review for a lovely set of headphones, 7 Dec 2014
=====
I know some complain that they don't have a detachable cable but if you can live with that, I'd don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful looking set of headphones. See them in the flesh if you can and marvel at their beauty.

=====
For the price you'd expect amazing. They are. For their soundstage, detail, bass and separation they appear to be 'magical.'

COMFORT
=======
For a moment I'd forgotten I had them in they were so comfortable. Considering they're not custom fit that's remarkable.

COST
====
You know the price and that's the element that's very subjective. Some people won't pay over £30 for headphones whilst others pay thousands. Each to their own. I had the benefit of having these for a month. I thought they were simply magnificent. I'm not sure I'd like to spend that much on a set of headphones but if I had that type of disposable income I think I would 'treat' myself.

===========
If you have the money I really don't think you'd be disappointed. I have them on my 'ideal wish list.'
Hope this was helpful, any queries post a comment and I'll try to help if I can.

Beats Studio - headphones with mic
Beats Studio - headphones with mic

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor B.E.A.T.S, 7 Dec 2014
=====
They really are sturdy and look beautiful. Beats has a design that hides all the screws. Smooth and well designed. Compared to a pair of Dr Beats that I'd tried a few years ago these are vastly improved. Both in looks and sound.

=====
I think it's balanced and responsive. I had thought because they were wireless it might impact upon the sound quality. But I was wrong.
The bluetooth paired with an iPhone 5 instantly. It produced a perfect match for one another. For playing pop, rock, indie they seem perfect, I didn't try them with 'classical music' or 'opera' because I'm not 80 years old and I don't like that genre. (sorry)

NOISE
=====
They feature active noise cancelling (ANC) which can't be turned off. It didn't bother me.

BATTERY
=======
An hour to charge them up and I got 13 hours of use. The blurb says 20 hours. That gets you a week or two's normal use.

OVERALL
=======
Look nice, comfortable and the sound is fantastic. Definitely recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20