Profile for the lambanana > Reviews

Content by the lambanana
Top Reviewer Ranking: 75

the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nobo Glide Drywipe Markers Bullet Tip Assorted Colours (4 Pack)
Nobo Glide Drywipe Markers Bullet Tip Assorted Colours (4 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars marker magic, 3 Sept. 2015
KEEN
====

I'm always keen to use colourful markers during a lesson or presentation.
Colour is a great way to help illustrate a point or define specific steps.

COLOURS
These are
BLACK
RED
BLUE
GREEN

The colours are very bright and bold.

BULLET TIP
==========
This set has the bullet tips which add effect and definition to writing, and give a nice sharp point for precision work.

WELL MADE
=========
They're not rubbishy, they're well made and I'm very happy with them.

GOOD VALUE
==========
For the price - very reasonable.

If you need white board markers at a reasonable price these are one to add to you shortlist.

Proster 8GB Digital Voice Stereo Sound Recorder USB Flash Drive- Multifunctional Rechargeable Mini Audio Recording Device with MP3 Player Music Headphone
Offered by PROZOR

4.0 out of 5 stars good but..., 2 Sept. 2015
IT'S CHEAP
==========
It is cheap. But for the money it's quite good.
It can record.
It is a rather slow USB drive
It can be a music player.

HEADPHONES
==========
They are poor. The type that you get for free on a bus tour.

RECORDING
=========
Not fantastic but neither is it dreadful. It's ok if you need to record someone discretely.

(Disclosure - I received this product in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, opinions and ratings are my own. If you found this review at all helpful, please take a moment to let me know. You can also leave a comment or ask questions in the comments section below. I try to provide you with simple reviews without any jargon or rubbish. I hope this has helped you make the decision to buy or not to buy. Thanks for taking the time to read my review!)

Nobo Drywipe Eraser Magnetic with Felt Pad
Nobo Drywipe Eraser Magnetic with Felt Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars A Few Things Every Good Wiper Should Have, 2 Sept. 2015
WELL MADE
=========
It feels solid enough. when you're looking for a dry wipe rubber-outer you simply need to know:
Will it fall apart?
Is it comfortable?
Is it expensive? (If you're paying)
Well this is a well made, comfortable not-too-expensive drywipe eraser. It's magnetic too.

COMPETITION
===========
You can get a non magnetic version for less than a pound (including postage). [Sept 2015] Drywipe Cleaner Eraser

Or you can get a magnetic one which is a fraction of the nobo one. Magnetic Board Eraser

Having said that, this is much more superior.

FORCATE Pack of 10 Battery Operated Led String Light 1.2m Diamond Shape Pure White
Offered by FORCATE

5.0 out of 5 stars A Few Things Every Good LED light Should Have, 1 Sept. 2015
BRIGHT
======
They are VERY bright and very pretty. They say they're diamond shape but I'd say more of a crystal rock shape. Nice though.

They were up and running straight away. Two AA batteries.

I put them on in a dark green vase and the look is impressive.

TWO SETTINGS
=============
They do have 2 settings but I only like the constant on one. That's just me though.

The settings are:
1. Flashing

2. Steady On

OVERALL
=======
Well made and a lovely pack of 10 LEDs.

COMPETITION
===========
There's a few LED lights. I've had the solar ones and they last for a while before failing. These are good but there are cheaper (which I haven't used but have mixed reviews) such as these Battery Operated Fairy Lights with 20 White LEDs by Lights4fun and these 20 LED Fairy Lights Solar String Outdoor Garden Globe Warm White For Patio, Path Christmas party by Uping (Chuzzle Ball)

Bluetooth Speakers Waterproof TaoTronics Wireless Bi-directional Sound Bluetooth 4.0 Outdoor Speaker (Up to 15 hours of playtime, Rugged, Compact, IPX5 Waterproof)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Few Things Every Good Speaker Should Have, 1 Sept. 2015
GOOD
====
I needed a speaker that was wireless and this one was also waterproof which was an added bonus.

WELL PRESENTED
==============
The box is quite nice and well packaged.

NOT TOO BIG
===========
It's just under 9 CMs big. It's depth is under 5 CMs.

RUGGED
======
The outer body is made of a rubber. No rain, sleet, snow will penetrate this robust little beast.

RANGE
=====
A bit further than normal- around 10 metres or so.

SETUP
=====
Takes seconds to setup. Hold the search... voila paired. My iphone paired instantly.

SOUND
=====
For a little speaker it packs a punch. So much from so little. (THIS HAS NEVER BEEN SAID TO ME)

BOOM
====
It can fill a medium sized room full of sound. It's simply amazing the sound quality and level out of something so tiny.

RUGGED
======
It could take a drop or two. I threw it at a concrete floor - no problems.

LIGHT
=====
It's light and so very portable. It's about 250 grammes. (just over half a lb in old money) Battery life was about 14 hours on a full charge.

OVERALL
=======
Good sound, good value and if you need a portable and rugged speaker this is one to consider.
Recommended.

BOHEM Silver Jewellery Nail Art Gothic Knight (Medium - Pair)
BOHEM Silver Jewellery Nail Art Gothic Knight (Medium - Pair)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish nails, 1 Sept. 2015
HOW MANY
========
There are TWO high quality nails.

ANY GLUE?
=========
No. But there are adhesive tabs included.

CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES
====================
There are loads of nail accessories. Some are quite cheap 12 Different Nails £2 or 1500 Mixed Gemstones Under £3

ARE THE ALTERNATIVES BETTER?
============================
Well, you certainly get more, but this range of BOHEM nails are something else. Solid. Well made. They look like a piece of jewellery.

THIS ONE
========
These are a pair of sterling silver nails. The design is pretty and modern.
The positive of these type of nails is they can be used over and over again.

OVERALL
=======
They are expensive but if you think of them as pieces of jewellery they're actually quite reasonable. Recommended.

SmartSun UV Wrist Band Indicator
SmartSun UV Wrist Band Indicator

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't like them!, 31 Aug. 2015
NOT A GOOD ROUTINE TO GET INTO
============================
It's not a must have.
It's simply an indicator of the UV.

However, I'm not convinced that it's useful. It's better to apply sun lotion when there is sunshine. It's a much safer routine to apply sun lotion rather than- oh let's check the bands....

You can get Vitamin D with sunscreen. You will get you fill of Vitamin D long before you burn.

CANCER CHARITIES
================
The cancer charities don't recommend these type of objects. They recommend avoiding the strong midday sun and applying sun lotion.
"Don’t spend any longer in the sun than you would without sunscreen. Sunscreen should not be used as an excuse to stay out in the sun. Instead, it offers protection when exposure is unavoidable. The summer sun is most damaging to your skin in the middle of the day. Spend time in the shade between 11am and 3pm, under umbrellas, trees, canopies or indoors."

THE BANDS
=========
They work. They change colour. The weather app on my iphone tell me when there is a high UV. (although you know when you're in HOT sun) These correspond to that. You can use them once. YES just once.

TERRIBLE IDEA
============
It's my opinion that these are a terrible idea, truely terribel. It's better to adopt a routine of applying sun lotion.
If you do want to have the UV you an get an app on App store or andriod. (British Association of Dermatologists created the World UV App which provides real time information on daily UV levels across over 10,000 locations from across the globe.)

VALUE
=====
They are well made, but given their price I don't think they're good value.

Sorry for ranting.

FORCATE LED Net Lights 1.5m*1.5m Curtain Light String 144 Leds (Pure White)
FORCATE LED Net Lights 1.5m*1.5m Curtain Light String 144 Leds (Pure White)
Offered by FORCATE

5.0 out of 5 stars Brights Lights, 30 Aug. 2015
BRIGHT
======
They are VERY bright and very pretty. They were up and running straight away.
I put them on a wall in our spare room. They look awesome but really bright. Strangely I also think despite their brightness they have a romantic mood. (A bit like candles give a romantic mood.)

EIGHT SETTINGS
==============
They do have 8 settings but I only like the constant on one. That's just me though.

The settings are:
5.Changing / Flashing
6.Slow Fade
7.Twinkle / Flash
8.Steady On

OVERALL
=======
Well made and a lovely 'curtain' of lights.

Moon Special Adult Sport Cycling Helmet In-Mold Tech,Mountain MTB&Road Dual Purpose with Removable Visor,Lightweight Design,EPS Carbon Fiber£¨Unisex Women Men£©[8.1 oz][31 vent]Orange&Black
Offered by Efight

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 30 Aug. 2015
DIFFICULT
=========
It's difficult to fine a helmet that is both a good safety device and looks good. (I hate looking like a bean)
This is one of those rare cycle helmets that is pleasing on the eye and a superb cycling helmet.

COMFORT
=======
Nice and comfortable too. It allows your head to breathe. Have used this abroad and it was fine. (shielded from the sun too.)

GOOD VALUE
==========
Considering it's also well made I think it's good value.

Hope this helps.

(Disclosure: I received the product for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good. I was not required to write a positive review.)

Rosewood Canberra Cat Tunnel
Rosewood Canberra Cat Tunnel

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Cats One Tunnel, 29 Aug. 2015
TWO CATS ONE TUNNEL
===================
I've shown this to two cats. One sniffed and walked away and showed no interest whatsoever. the other loved it.

DIY
===
I found that it made it more interesting tying a toy to the top. Then the cat lies on her back playing with the toy in addition to scratching with the... hmmn... with the top which looks like a crappy brush.

LOOKS
=====
It looks OK. Not superb, but there are few cat toys that do look cool.

THE TUNNEL
==========
It's crinkly, noisy and one cat loved it.

THE BRUSH
==========
It's a little hard and looks a little cheap. But the cat that likes it, likes to rub up against it- for a 'scratch'.

SIZE
About 30cm x 50cm x 25cm

OVERALL
=======
The cat that likes it, likes it a lot. The other, if they could talk, would say they hated it.
So if you have the chance, test it with your cat as they may like it. In our house 1 out of 2 cats, that expressed a preference, loved it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20