Profile for the lambanana > Reviews

Content by the lambanana
Top Reviewer Ranking: 78

the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[Apple MFI Certified] iXCC ® Lightning Cable 3ft (Three Feet) Element Series 8 pin USB SYNC Cable Charger Cord for Apple iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c / 6 / 6 Plus / iPod 7 / iPad Mini / Retina / iPad 4 / iPad Air (Compatible with iOS 8) [White]
Offered by iXCC-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars LONG, 24 April 2015
IT'S A WHOPPER
==============
I had the 3 feet (90 CMs) cable which extra ordinarily long.

SIZE ISN'T EVERYTHING
=====================
Although it helps, particularly if you need an extra long one. What is important though is whether it's as good as the official apple one which retail at about three times the price.
I'm pleased to say: no problems.
It's well made, and looks good.

WELL MADE
=========
There are two categories of replacement cables for apple products: those that work and keep on working, and those that stop working within a short time. (Normally the type that are in poundstores)
This is the type that, so far, has kept on working.

Ergolife Packing Organiser Stol Portable Chair X-CL200
Ergolife Packing Organiser Stol Portable Chair X-CL200

5.0 out of 5 stars QUITE COMFORTABLE, 21 April 2015
WELL MADE
=========
Once it's unpacked you can feel that this is much better quality than some of the others that I've come across. It comes with a rather nice carrying bag.

SOLID
=====
I've used this at picnics and festivals and it light enough to carry, not too big and easy to set up.

TIP
===
I found that sitting with my legs straight caused me to be uncomfortable after an hour or two. It's easy to lean back on this and have your knees up a little. It seems to have balance. (A little like leaning back on a chair: it's perfectly acceptable and safe until an unkind person pushes you over.)

===========
If you're after a well made, solid and comfortable portable chair this should be on your shortlist. Hope this was helpful.

Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens + Wide Angle Lens + Micro Lens Kit for iPhone 4 4S 4G 5 5G 5S 5C 6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 S3 I9300 S4 I9500 S5 S6 Note I9220 Note2 N7100 Note3 Note 4 mini i8190 S7562 HTC LG Black (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by Tech Leader

5.0 out of 5 stars for the price amazing, 21 April 2015
EXPECTATION
===========
I've got professional cameras and lenses and so I have to admit I wasn't expecting much from this.
I've done some professional advertising photography but I have to admit that I'm rather amazed at what can be produced on a smartphone.
For the review I used a iPhone 6 and I was really interested in what this little gadget could do.

PRETTY GOOD
===========
The images are decent, fun and clear. Not professional quality, but it's not professional quality price. The emphasis is on expression and Fun with a capitol F. It's worth the money just for experimenting with.

A GOOD LITTLE GIFT
==================
It's not so expensive to have as a stocking filler or treat.

It's fun, so yes.

Ultrasport Sling Trainer, Effective Whole Body Training incl. Door Anchor, Workout Booklet and Transport Pouch

4.0 out of 5 stars exercise aid, 20 April 2015
ULTRASPORT SLING TRAINER
========================
I didn't have any problems placing this on my door. Although it does have to be a reasonably solid door as you do have some force applied when pulling.
It simply attaches to the door and and away you go. I remember a trainer telling me once that you don't need all the latest exercise stuff or expensive weights. As long as you have some resistance you can build muscle.

5 MINS
======
Set up in 5 mins and I was able to do a 'workout'.

HOME OR OFFICE
==============
That's what it says. However, it's not too attractive. So it's really some thing that you'd use in the comfort of your own home. (I think someone in marketing has got a little over excited suggesting it's use at the office.)

COMMITMENT
==========
Whether I'll commit to this is another question. It's simple to set-up, but it may go the same way as the exercise bike, bull worker, yoga balls etc.
However, it's not expensive and it's simply so i might...

OVERALL
=======
Well made, easy and a useful tool for exercise. If you need a reasonably priced training aid, this is one to consider.

Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6422/02 with Opti-start Cap with Massage Element
Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6422/02 with Opti-start Cap with Massage Element

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 19 April 2015
Philips Epilator
================
Out of the box, set up and ready to go in seconds.

PLUGGED IN
==========
Plugged and expecting extortionate pain, I was pleasantly surprised. I felt it tugging the hairs which wasn't too painful.

AFTERWARDS
==========
Smooth silky skin. No nicks, no cuts, no random hair.

VALUE
=====
Although it's at the lower end of the epilator range in price, it work very well, actually exceptionally well.

Strong Coffee, Silat Energy Coffee, Italian Coffee, Premium, Rich, Smooth Taste, Masterful Artisan Roast, Aromatic, 1lbs/454g ground coffee
Offered by The Silat Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good cofffee, 12 April 2015
ITALIAN
=======
This is an Italian ground coffee which comes in a larger than normal bag. (450 grams rather than the 250 grams.)

GOOD
====
It's a pleasant coffee which is far superior to Costa Roast and Ground Coffee 200 g Bag (Pack of 10) but is slightly more expensive.
It's not as good as Illy Classic Roast Ground Coffee 250g (Pack of 2) which I consider one of the best coffees.

GROUND COFFEE
=============
Historically, ground coffee was sometimes a blend of arabica beans (lighter, delicate flavour), then often added the cheaper robusta beans (body, bitterness).
100% arabica coffees are common, and there's a growing trend of sourcing from a single country or region.
This coffee simply states "pure java washed robusta."
I'd prefer to know if it's Ugandan, Ethiopian, Colombian, Peruvian. I don't know. (April 2015)
UPDATE: I'm told it's the island of Java. My mistake as I hadn't realised that there was an Indonesian island called Java.

HIT
===
It'll give you a hit in the morning and it's not an unpleasant coffee at all.

BUT
===
There's nothing particularly with this coffee that would make me change brand. It's not disappointing it's just not better than Illy. However it's much better than many.
If pushed I'd say this is ideal for after dinner and first thing in the morning.

OVERALL
=======
Initially I was unimpressed, thinking it's simply another coffee. However, now that I'm towards the end of the large bag I'm thinking of ordering more.
It's a little overpriced with it's RRP but it's definitely worth buying if it's on a 'special offer.'
Recommended.

Kipling Unisex-Adult City Pack B Backpack K1214784H Tango Red
Kipling Unisex-Adult City Pack B Backpack K1214784H Tango Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 April 2015
SIZE
====
It's a nice size. It's not a large bag but I think it's perfect.
It's light and ideal for day to day running about.

COMFORTABLE
===========
It doesn't dig in, it just kind of feels light on the shoulders.

HANDLE
======
When it's not on your back it has a small comfortable handle.

FABRIC
======
It's easy to keep clean and is wipeable.

POCKETS
Narrow but deep.

MONKEY
======
It's the cutest thing about the bag. I LOVE the monkey.

OVERALL
=======
Light, looks nice, well made and has a monkey.
One of the better and stylish backpacks to consider.
Hope this helps.

AmazonBasics Microfiber Flat Sheet, Aqua 180 x 290 + 10 cm
AmazonBasics Microfiber Flat Sheet, Aqua 180 x 290 + 10 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Microfibre Sheet, 9 April 2015
MICROFIBRE
==========
I'd call it a microfibre sheet in the UK. (rather than microfiber)
To be honest I'm more used to cotton sheets and thought I'd be disappointed with this.
I've also used microfibre dishcloths and don't like the feel of them.
So when I put this on the bed, I was surprised how comfortable and warm it was.

SOFT AND WARM
=============
It is soft and warm. It appears silky smooth, but on touching it feels quite nice, and when you're tucked up in bed it's lovely.

ISSUES
======
It does give off a lot of fluff on the first wash as I had to empty the fluff bit on the washing machine. ( I think it's called the lint drawer)

SUITED TO WINTER
================
As they keep you warmer I'd recommend it for winter, I'd stick with cotton for summer.

OVERALL
=======
If you're after reasonably priced warm sheets these should be considered.

AV59 Vintage 1900's French Absinthe Liqueur Drinks Advertisement Poster Re-Print - A4 (297 x 210mm) 11.7" x 8.3"
Offered by Affiche Prints

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOKS NICE, 7 April 2015
It's only A4 size but it's a beautiful looking poster. (Although the man does look like a serial killer)

I've bought a few French posters and can recommend this and the following:

Chat Noir Poster 91 x 61 cm

Jouets 92x61 cm

Cycles Gladiator, 36 x 24 inches

The others are much bigger and are more eye catching. But I rather like the Absinthe poster as it makes me smile each time I glance at it.

TRESemmé Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner - 750 ml
TRESemmé Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner - 750 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars One to think about, 7 April 2015
SMELL
=====
It smells lovely. It's conservatively packaged and is very reasonably priced.

UNILEVER
========
Unilever make loads of shampoos and conditioners. This is priced towards the lower end.
I think it's just as good as their higher end brands
They make TONI&GUY, Sunsilk, Timotei and VO5

TRIAL
=====
I have used all of the above over the last year and this is nearly as good as the toni and Guy. Nearly but that is slightly better. (and dearer)

===========
Overall when this is cheaply priced I'd recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20