ARRAY(0xa80ebd74)

Profile for Mrs. M. A. Hughes > Reviews

Content by Mrs. M. A. Hughes

Mrs. M. A. Hughes "Maria Hennings Hunt" (Dartford, Kent, UK)

Big Machines - Trucks & Planes [DVD] Real Life Action Adventures
Big Machines - Trucks & Planes [DVD] Real Life Action Adventures
Dvd ~ Granada Ventures
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Go Fly a Truck!, 13 Jan 2007
Another sure fire winner from the same people who brought us Diggers & Dumpers, this American DVD features everything you need to know about fire fighting, aeroplanes and rubbish. It's got a long running time, so it's excellent value for money as well as making it the perfect choice to put on if you need to have some time to get on with cooking supper or....! There's enough action and visual features for even a very young child to enjoy, but it's also packed with interesting facts for older children. Our friend George (from Diggers & Dumpers )also makes an appearance. Highly recommended.....my son asks to watch it at least once a week!

Heroes
Heroes
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Genius!, 24 Sep 2006
This review is from: Heroes (Audio CD)
Immerse yourself in the incredible genius of Mark O'Connor and his amazing chameleon-like creative ability to tease so many different moods and styles from his violin. If you like Cajun music - this is for you. If you like Western Swing - this is for you. Like a bit of foot tapping fiddle with a Celtic slant? Then this is for you! Classical fan? Jazz? Blues? Country Rock? Then yeah - you guessed it - this CD is for you! This is an absolutely fantastic album - a brilliant collection of melodies that bring together some of today's greatest violinists. Pure Genius.

Big Machines Diggers and Dumpers [DVD]
Big Machines Diggers and Dumpers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Big Machines
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Dig This!, 10 Sep 2006
An excellent DVD for little boys (and big ones too!)who just can't get enough of diggers, dumpers, trucks & tractors. Split into three sections, this American made DVD covers road construction, house building and farming in a easy to understand, informative and educational way, but with enough live action for even a two-year old to stay riveted. It features lots of different machines, from small excavators and tractors to massive earth movers and dumper trucks and, as they go about working, the drivers of the machines wave and smile at the camera! (How refreshing! You don't find THAT in a UK production!) My little boy absolutely loves watching this - put it on your little ones Christmas list - it's a sure winner!

How to Stop Smoking and Stay Stopped for Good (Positive health)
How to Stop Smoking and Stay Stopped for Good (Positive health)
by Gillian Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST DO IT!, 3 Dec 2002
If you're the sort of person who thinks that your life depends on cigarettes and without them, there would be no fun in your life and you'd be....well, LESS than you are now and if you didn't smoke then you wouldn't be YOU....if you know what I mean - then this book is your key to freedom!

I smoked 40 a day for 25 years.....sometimes more if I was drinking or having a good time.....I LOVED everything about smoking. I never wanted to stop at all. I smoked through colds and coughs, I stood outside buildings in the rain, puffing away. I hated going to friends houses where I couldn't smoke. I never went anywhere without a packet of fags, money to buy another packet just in case I should run out, plus a lighter AND matches (after all - there's nothing worse than a fag you can't light!) Yet, deep down, I despised myself for wanting and needing to smoke and although I didn't want to give up - I sometimes dreamt about that elusive day in the future when I would wake up one morning and not want to smoke anymore!

My sister bought me this book for Xmas one year - she'd sucessfully given up using the unique method Gillian Riley teaches in this book. I stuffed it on the bookshelf and it took me over THREE YEARS to open it up, let alone read it. When I finally did read it, it made such perfect sense - I decided to give Gillian Riley's method of stopping smoking a go. One fag at a time.......

I've not smoked for almost ten years now and I never thought I would be able to get through even a couple of hours without my beloved fags. I'm amazed at myself and eternally grateful to Gillian Riley for showing me the way to smoke-free-dom.

Stopping smoking was THE most important thing I've ever done. It wasn't easy - but without this fantastic book - I firmly believe I would still be puffing away. I can't praise this book enough. If there's was ever a book that deserves every smoker in the country's attention - it's this one.
You wanna be FREE? Then get this book - read it - and as they say - JUST DO IT!