Profile for Evdokia > Reviews

The Aladdin Factor
The Aladdin Factor
by Jack Canfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Your map to a magical journey, 1 May 2010
This review is from: The Aladdin Factor (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to everyone who needs hope and direction to get where they want to go. When I started reading this book I knew what I didn't want from my life but I didn't know what I wanted. The book slowly showed me that I knew all along what I wanted. I was just afraid to acknowledge my wishes. I was scared to go after the things I wanted. Of course, there is no quick fix. Knowing what you want is the first step of a long journey. Read this book, it will give you hope and get you in the right track to start the life you want.

Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive: Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate and Outnegotiate your Competition: Out Sell, Out Manage and Out Negotiate Your Competition
by Harvey Mackay

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, useful advice for all walks of life, 1 May 2010
After reading this book you will have a better idea how the world works, how you can get your point across better and how you can ask for things you want. Don't be fooled. This book is not only for salespeople. You can use MacKay's tips for all everyday hassles from booking a room to a 'no vacancies' hotel to ensure a better deal when buying your home. You will also know how not to be taken advantage off when others use these techniques on you to get what they want!!

Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
by Sally Brampton

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 18 April 2008
I have just finished reading "Shoot the damn dog" and may read it again. It is the best recount of depression I have read so far. Sally describes what happened to her and at the same time gives factual information on symptoms, available therapies, recent search studies etc. The links between B12 vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems and alcoholism to depression, which she describes, are interesting and worth checking up. OK, her opinion on the various therapies is subjective but she does not deny it. This is a story of a dark journey with a light at the end of the tunnel. Her way out of the tunnel was not a linear process. One step forward, two backward and three sideways, as she says. Connecting with others and "rearranging your emotions" is the message I got from it. If you read it you may get a different message but, definitively, this is a book to read if you know someone who suffers from depression or if you feel depressed yourself. In my opinion, this book can give hope.