Profile for Johnny Blue > Reviews

Content by Johnny Blue

Johnny Blue

Koss Porta Pro Stereo Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black/Silver
Price: 29.62

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain!, 6 Dec 2011
An outstanding buy. I am a headphone fanatic/lunatic/obsessive (depending upon whom you ask) and can confirm the consensus here that these are excellent headphones, especially when taking into account their price.

They have a full, extended frequency response, tilted toward the bass, and can easily become a favourite of mine in terms of sound quality: they are a joy to listen to.

Comfortwise, always an important factor with headphones, I find them OK: my bald head does not allow the occasional hair-pulling that the Porta Pros are often alleged to cause, and the clamping force (in any case easily adjustable) is fine, too.

I've dropped one star because I had to return my first set due to a channel imbalance: this second set are perfect.

Highly recommended.

Usb Adapter For Micro sd Card - Supports Up To 32gb Micro sd Card
Usb Adapter For Micro sd Card - Supports Up To 32gb Micro sd Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Also disappointed..., 14 Nov 2011
I was very pleased when I first got this item: worked perfectly for a while, but then stopped. Haven't thrown it away yet, but it is just a piece of useless clutter on my desk...

Vivitar V8370 Digital Camera - Black (8.0 MP,3x Optical Zoom) 2.4"Colour TFT Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera that keeps on going..., 27 Dec 2008
As with the previous reviewer, I'm very impressed with this little Vivitar: it does the job very well, and continues to do it when others give out.

Let me explain: I've just got back from the holiday of a lifetime, a Nile cruise. After a few days both my digital cameras (a Canon Ixus i7 and a Kodak EasyShare DX6490) were running low on batteries (too much video-ing?) and so I appropriated my daughter's Vivitar 8370. It took the same SD cards and, more importantly, when the AAs ran out, I could easily stick in another pair in seconds.

Two quirks: there's no automatic review of the picture just taken, a playback button has to be pressed (easily done) and at night the screen is very dark or even totally black, which makes aiming a bit of a gamble, but the flash is powerful and the snaps come out fine.

Tony Benn's Greatest Hits (Spoken Word)
Tony Benn's Greatest Hits (Spoken Word)
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 6.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Don't miss it!, 13 Sep 2008
I've had this CD for years now, and every so often I play it to remind myself of the pure integrity and honesty of our greatest politician (and I'm using that word from the time when it was not an odious comment!).

If you're politics are left of centre, and you admire great oratory and wit, don't miss this CD: Tony's speech about the ordination of women has me in tears (of mirth and admiration) every time I hear it (it's become something of a late-night special for the drunken friends left behind after a social evening!).