Profile for Mr. G. Mead > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. Mead

Mr. G. Mead "Greg" (London, UK)

Ska Crazy!
Ska Crazy!
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that it doesn't match the creative or production quality ..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: Ska Crazy! (Audio CD)
Disappointed that it doesn't match the creative or production quality of Lee Thompson's album. But a pleasant ska album none the less.

Genuine Leather Watch Strap, Black Sports Perforated with Red Stitch, for TAG Heuer, 19/18 mm
Offered by WatchGecko

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyers should be aware that this strap requires precise fitment ..., 11 July 2014
Buyers should be aware that this strap requires precise fitment. It does not come with spring bars, holes for buckle or even a strap loop. Therefore be prepared for additional costs from your jeweller for final fitting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 4:11 PM BST

The Benevolence Of Sister Mary Ignatius
The Benevolence Of Sister Mary Ignatius

5.0 out of 5 stars 21st century SKA, 10 Sept. 2013
Having been teased by their appearence on Jools Holland I couldnt wait to get my hands on this album and I wasn't dissapoined. Lee Thompson and his band take a respectful bow to the traditional origins of SKA and then inprint their own mark on 12 wonderfully crafted songs. If there is one gripe, I would have liked to have heard Bitty McLean lead vocals on more than one track, but given the professional musicianship of the band, it's difficult to find any fault. As close to a perfect SKA albums as you're likely to find.

All You Need Is Now
All You Need Is Now

5.0 out of 5 stars What we've been waiting for, 21 Mar. 2011
This review is from: All You Need Is Now (Audio CD)
Whilst all the reviews have touched upon the overall "sound & feel" of the album and rightly, hats off to Ronson for this, little has been mentioned about the way the sound has been brought together. John's slap bass on Girl Panic is inspiring, moving the track along at a fierce pace. Nick's analogue synths on blame the machines take you back to '83 and Duran sound all the better for it too. They even manage to incorporate Andy's guitar styles and he's not even there! The boys have come up with a batch of catchy tunes and this album deserves airplay. Great stuff.

Sennheiser PX200 Black Closed Mini Headphone Black
Sennheiser PX200 Black Closed Mini Headphone Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 27 May 2010
After reading a number of good reviews on the PX100 & PX200, I purchased a pair of PX200 via Amazon. Upon arrival, my excitement quickly turned into major dissapointment upon the first play.

My choice of genre is rock, pop & electro and the headphones are used on my ipod. I did a back to back comparrison using Roxy Music's - Take a Chance on Me.

I had read that the 200 has "powerfull bass" and "clear treble". Not my findings at all. The bass is weak, undefined and lacks any punch. The treble is harsh, tinny and restricted my listening to one song at a time because they are so exaustive to wear. I couldn't find a suitable compromise by tweaking the ipod's EQ.

To make sure that I wasnt just having a "bad day" I carried out a direct comparisson with my 15 year-old (open back) Sennheiser headphones. This confirmed that the PX 200 lacks any warmth or ability to reflect a natural, neutral sound that the composer intended.

I'm still searching for something that will match (but also restrict outside noise) like the old sennheisers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2010 11:51 PM BST

Waist Disposal: The Ultimate Fat Loss Manual for Men
Waist Disposal: The Ultimate Fat Loss Manual for Men
by Dr John Briffa

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw away whatever you've previously read, take notice of this book, 6 April 2010
I was lucky enough to have been asked to take part in the practical trial prior to publication of this book.

I am please to state that for me, waist disposal definately works and by following the principals outlined in the book, it will work for anyone.

Throw away what you've previously read or have been told. It's not all about the calories, but it's the type of calorie. It's about understanding how the human body has evolved, what we are geared-up to eat and how our body works to process the foods we deliver to it.

This book backs up the theory with case note studies and an explanation of science that is comprehensible to the layman like me. The nutrional science is logical and after understanding how the body adapts to carbohydrate intake, you can understand why you are the shape that you are and importantly, what you can do to change that shape.

It's easy to follow the principals outlined in this book. I changed my gym programme, walked a little further than before and looked more closely at the type of food I took on board. I have changed my lifestyle, cut back on certain foods as recommended and followed a different path from the traditional calorie controlled diet which never produced the promised goal. The results came noticeably quickly, inches off of my waist line, as the theory turns in practice.

As a result of this book I am more aware of the effect that different food groups has on my body and I have the power to control my shape in a positive way.

I suggest that you start with an open mind, disregard all previous diets and embrace the theory's championed in this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2012 7:54 PM GMT