Profile for M. Stowey > Reviews

Content by M. Stowey

M. Stowey (UK)

Key West: Tequila, a Pinch of Salt and a Quirky Slice of America...a year in Key West

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 16 Aug. 2012
I couldn't help but smile and laugh out loud on numerous occasions while reading this highly entertaining and inspiring book. It really is a wonderful insight into a place I visited at a very young age but have never known anything about. It captures the essence of the place perfectly and is told in a captivating and intriguing way.

Garden
Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, original track, 4 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Garden (MP3 Download)
After listening to a few of TEED's tracks, this stood out as a personal favourite. It's not a sound I was particularly familiar with before but have loved listening to it time and time again. It has since been used on the Nokia Lumia TV advert amongst other things.

Active Powered Monitor Speakers 15w x 15w RCA
Active Powered Monitor Speakers 15w x 15w RCA

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced, compact, good value, 19 July 2009
I bought these after considering the B&W Zeppelin to try and compliment my relatively high-end separates system. I decided that the Zeppelin was a little too expensive for something I only really wanted on a portable basis and eventually decided to purchase a pair of these.

I was immediately impressed by the audio these produce connected to a MacBook with the supplied jack to phono cable. I have used desktop computer speakers in the past, but these have a much more appealing sound. I used them in a large master bedroom and they could quite capably fill the space.

For the asking price, the performance of these speakers is excellent. Obviously they don't match what more expensive speakers produce but in this price bracket I think they're a great buy.

Belkin iPod Touch Silicone Sleeve - Black
Belkin iPod Touch Silicone Sleeve - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Protection without Hindrance, 24 Dec. 2007
For the first few weeks of my iPod touch ownership, I was unable to take Apple's wondrous new gadget anywhere without the constant fear of it getting scratched. So, after patiently waiting for the first cases to arrive, I went for one of these Belkin Silicone Sleeves being that it was relatively cheap in comparison to the plastic cases.

This product comes with the rubbery sleeve that fits snuggly around the iPod and also a thin film of plastic that sticks onto the screen so that almost the entire iPod is surrounded. The main function buttons and connector are left exposed. One immediate oversight of all of this, is that Belkin have neglected the fact that there is a sensor on the face of the iPod that detects ambient light so that the screen brightness can be automatically adjusted by the iPod. This sensor is covered over by the case so the sensor only ever detects darkness around it.

Another reservation I have about this case is that the Silicone material seems to be a magnet for dust and dirt. Having put it in a coat pocket the first time I used it, it seemed to attract a lot of unwanted dust.

The flexibility of the material is good as you can easily put in and take out the iPod from the case should you want to sit the iPod in its dock, for example, since it won't fit in with the case around it.

Overall, I do like this case, and I probably won't be buying a replacement, but there are still ways it could be improved.

Half-Life 2: The Orange Box (Xbox 360)
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box (Xbox 360)
Offered by Tracymuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Strokes of Genius, 16 Nov. 2007
If one game from Valve isn't good enough, The Orange Box gives you five brilliant games in one - albeit individually they are a little on the short side.

Half-Life 2 and the two additional episodes that come packed onto a single DVD are simply breathtaking gaming experiences and the Xbox 360's power means they can be played in all their glory, unlike the Xbox version of Half-Life 2 released two years ago slightly let down by graphics and loading times. There is probably around 20 hours of gaming to be had played through once, but plenty of replay value on top of that.

Then you've got Valve's newest creation, Portal, which is a branch off from the usual action-packed adventures. Instead you've got a mind-swindling trance of puzzles, tricks and humour - definitely something different to what you're used to but brilliant all the same. Its originality is very welcome and will give you several more hours of gameplay.

And last, and by no means least, we have the long-awaited (not far off ten years) Team Fortress 2 which will keep you going for ages because as far as online multiplayer games go, this is an absolute blast - very well balanced, fun-filled and addictive.

There's five very good reasons to buy The Orange Box - a worthy addition to your Xbox 360 arsenal.

Lowepro Toploader 65 AW Case For Pro SLR & Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon 450D, 1000D,500D, Nikon D3000, D5000,D90, Sony Alpha DLSR Range and Panasonic G1 Series

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Photographer's Bag, 12 Nov. 2007
Following the purchase of a new digital SLR (Nikon D80), it was essential I got myself a bag to protect and carry it around. I looked at a few different possible cases around the £30-£50 mark to get me started. Some of the others I looked at didn't seem like they would have ample room for my camera, which is a fair sized SLR so I went for this with it's slightly dearer price tag knowing the quality is likely to be worth the extra.

Coming from Lowepro, a brand I was already familiar with, I am very happy with the build quality and the well fitting design. When I first opened the case I couldn't quite figure out a way of snuggly fitting the camera into the case as there is a few inches of redundant space above its seated position but in fact the camera does stay in one place securely and the extra space allows room for a battery grip if I wanted to attach one.

Since my purchase, I have bought quite a lot of additional accessories like extra batteries and cleaning products. This case has sufficient space in the two front products for most of the accessories you need. I am able to fit in a lens hood, USB cable, lens caps, lens cloths, spare battery and an extra memory card. There is also another pocket inside the lid of the main compartment which I keep a remote control in.

Another notable feature is the all-weather cover which can be removed from one of the pockets. I have only used this once so far as I would prefer to avoid moisture with my equipment altogether if possible but it's there if you need it in an emergency for extra protection in bad weather conditions.

If you're only wanting to carry around one lens with you then this case is a great solution. I bought it knowing I would probably grow out of it fairly quickly as I added new kit so I will probably purchase a more spacey rucksack bag in the future but can always use this if I don't need to carry so much kit around. I've given it 4/5 because it is a little on the pricey side.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2008 12:42 PM GMT