Profile for ama > Reviews

Content by ama

ama

Garmin nuvi 2598LMT-D 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Digital Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

2.0 out of 5 stars Randomly diverts you down minor roads, even when set to fastest route!, 30 Mar. 2015
I've been using the Garmin nuvi 2598LMT-D Sat Nav for a little while now and I have to say that my confidence in this device is very low. I've set it to fastest route but it regularly diverts you off main roads for no apparent reason and most definitely isn't using the fastest route on many occasions. I am intending writing to Garmin to complain about this device as I've found myself reverting back to my 10 year old TomTom! As an example, we recently visited Devizes and decided to explore Chippenham, which is 24 mins and 12 miles away along the A342. The Garmin Sat Nav very quickly tried to take us off this route onto the A350, which is 31mins and 15 miles away. Even worse still, when comparing a journey from the Limoges region of France to Calais on both the Garmin and TomTom, there was an hour's difference in the fastest route shown by each device. We stuck to the TomTom and gradually the Garmin recalculated to match the journey time as we went, although again, it kept trying to take us off the main roads for no apparent reason. This device has definitely cost me time and more fuel than my old and very out of date TomTom and I don't trust it at all, which is disappointing when you consider I thought I was upgrading to a better device! I think Google should bring out a Sat Nav!

A Thousand Suns
A Thousand Suns
Offered by MasterDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! I love listening to this album!, 15 Oct. 2010
This review is from: A Thousand Suns (Audio CD)
This is the second album I've bought of Linkin Park's music. When I'm not at home listening to it, I'm on my way home thinking about listening to it, wondering why Linkin Park don't get more airwave time on the radio! It has a great mix and each track has its own unique sound, unlike some albums where you get one or two good tracks and then the rest sounds all the same. There's some really lively stuff on there like Wretches and Kings and Blackout but I love The Requiem, Waiting for The End (which is an absolute favourite) and Iridescent (which is a wonderful, mellow track). Of course I'm usually in bed dozing off to sleep to The Messenger, which is a great final track.