Profile for Murph > Reviews

Welcome To The Freakshow
Welcome To The Freakshow
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars A welcoming addition to my cd collection!, 7 Jun. 2014
I do like Hinder and have all their albums - I think they are a cross between Nickelback and Del Amitri but you should decide for yourself.

Brave Soul Women's Skull Jumper
Brave Soul Women's Skull Jumper

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 23 Feb. 2014
I bought the black jumper and liked it so much that I ordered the oatmeal! I'm a size 16 and it fit me perfectly, very flattering - I love it! It's warm and cosy and didn't shrink in the wash. Not too thick to wear under a coat either and found it to be a great jumper at a great price!

Europet Bernina 234-412152 Aquarium Decoration Cave Stone 30.5 x 13 x 18 cm
Europet Bernina 234-412152 Aquarium Decoration Cave Stone 30.5 x 13 x 18 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars FALLING APART!, 23 Dec. 2013
I bought this for my big goldfish tank as my fish are growing quite large and needed a new ornament to hide in. They loved it and I was very pleased with the size and the look of the thing but after a weekly water change I discovered that the nether regions of the cave had gone soggy and I could peel them off like cardboard. Quite shocked that this should happen to any aquarium ornament at all but for the price of this one I expected quality. I didn't pay the full price for this one as I purchased from Amazon Warehouse but before this happened, I was considering buying another one for the other side of the tank. This item is not suitable for the purpose it was made for and I would not recommend it.

Nobby Goldy-Aquarium, 33 x 18 x 19 cm, 10.0 Litre
Nobby Goldy-Aquarium, 33 x 18 x 19 cm, 10.0 Litre

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged!, 20 Dec. 2013
This had a huge crack down the side. Being a fish tank, this was obviously a big deal. Your staff must have noticed this as it was picked and packed, especially as it was an Amazon Warehouse deal so was already returned by someone else for this reason, but hey, why should they care??..- Their apathy really does reflect on Amazon as a whole and I will never be buying this product again or recommending it to anybody else.

Reebok Women's SweatShirt - Black, X-Large
Reebok Women's SweatShirt - Black, X-Large

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly damaged! Must have been checked by Mr Magoo., 20 Dec. 2013
I bought this for a present at a reduced price from Amazon Warehouse. When it arrived, it had big marks on the front as though it had been folded and left on a window sill in the sun to fade. Absolutely disgusted and unable to give as a present or generally wear at all. Didn't return as I would have had to have spent more money on printing out a return slip at the internet cafe as I do not own a printer and return postage costs. Complete rubbish! Can't believe your staff found this item acceptable to send to a customer.

After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse
After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse
by Charlaine Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Anti- climax, 2 Nov. 2013
I, like many others, pre-ordered this book way back and was so excited as the delivery date drew near. The familiar 'plonk' as it was dropped through the letter-box and hit the carpet had this 45 year old racing to the door like a schoolgirl. I ripped open the packaging, put the kettle on and got stuck in. After about 30 minutes, my tea, along with my enthusiasm, began to cool. If I said I was a little disappointed then I would be lying. I was intensely disappointed. I knew that this wasn't going to be a novella and it, being in alpabetical order, would be some kind of reference book. There were characters that I had never heard of, despite being an avid fan and pouring over every book and soaking up all the happenings. A little more info on each character would have been much better and I do feel a little mugged off as it was quite expensive for what it was. It has 3 stars from me, and I know I'm being very generous, but it really is a lovely looking book and I do like the artwork. As for the text, well, I really do think Ms Harris could have put in a little more effort instead of using this as a vehicle to plug her next new book !

ProRep Resin Dinosaur Skull with Plants, Large
ProRep Resin Dinosaur Skull with Plants, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary!, 9 July 2013
I got this for next to nothing from Amazon Warehouse. It is the large size but I was absolutely amazed at how big it actually was! There's so much detail on it, my cornsnake is nearly two years old and there is sleeping room inside, huge holes to creep through and plenty of climbing fun (AND NO SHARP EDGES - VERY IMPORTANT!) I love it almost as much as he does! Very fast delivery too,

Rosewood Mopani Wood with Plants Aquarium Decor, Medium
Rosewood Mopani Wood with Plants Aquarium Decor, Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars SHARP EDGES!!, 7 July 2013
I got this item at a bargain price from Amazon Warehouse. Someone must have returned it and I'm not surprised. The edges were so sharp, inside and out and would be lethal to any fish unfortunate enough to go near it. I really didn't want to return it so I had an idea. I decided to painstakingly sandpaper every sharp edge I could feel until they were smooth enough! This took about 1 and a half hours and as I got this so cheap was willing to take the risk if I ruined it! I soaked it in a bowl overnight and it was absolutely fine and ready to use. My fish love it and can play and hide safely without being 'sushied'!!! All in all, a nice large size for my 130 litre tank and very realistic. Would just like to warn other buyers that it has sharp edges and should NOT be put in any tank in this state. An excellent item if it wasn't so badly finished off, hence the 2 stars. After my handiwork - 5 stars.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Tetra Easy Crystal FilterBox 300
Tetra Easy Crystal FilterBox 300

4.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful!, 24 Jun. 2013
I started off with a 40 litre nursery tank and 2 baby shubunkins. They have grown to about 3 inches in 2 months but as they had a penn plax pump and filter kit, the water would get very dirty very quickly and I would have to change the water about every 3 days (especially when they had their peas) I was waiting on a much bigger tank but as Pumpkin the Shubunkin aquired finrot in the meantime I bought this filter (40-60litres) and added some finrot treatment and Stresscoat and kept an eye on things. This filter is excellent, you can actually see it collecting the dirt! The water is very clear and Pumpkin's finrot seems to be clearing up! Two things though: 1.Make sure you turn the filter off for about 30 minutes at feeding time, otherwise the fish don't get a look-in as the filter will eat more than they do. 2. Make sure there is enough of a gap between the tank wall and the filter as Pops thought it would be a good idea to explore this and he got stuck - he couldn't even turn around to free himself, luckily I just happened to glimpse over at the time, and could only spy Pumpkin, so unless he'd developed legs and gone for a walk I had a suspicion he was playing kamikazi hide and seek. Luckily I was able to rescue him but he was plainly disgusted with me. The next day Pumpkin had wanted to get in on the game and did the same thing! As if finrot wasn't enough! No wonder she stares at me for hours - I can't be trusted! Luckily, again I just happened to glance over and spied one less fish and quickly rescued her. Right that's it, I said to myself, from now on I WiLL read instructions - I WILL READ INSTRUCTIONS!! All in all a good filter so far. I'm sure we will have all this excitement over again when I pick up the new tank on Wednesday.

Lockout [DVD]
Lockout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Guy Pearce

3.0 out of 5 stars Say what??, 28 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Lockout [DVD] (DVD)
I love Guy Pearce and everything he's been in and I really enjoyed this movie too. Why only 3 stars? The music was SO loud that it drowned out what they were saying and for me, this ruined it!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3