Profile for Fitz > Reviews

Content by Fitz

Fitz

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
4 Compatible HP 364XL Multipack High Capacity Printer Ink Cartridges For Photosmart B109a B109n B109d B109f B110a B110c B110e B111 B210a B210c B211 C410 C410b C309a C309n C309g C310a B209a B209c B010a B8550 B8553 C5324 C5380 C5383 C5390 C6300 C6324 C6380 D5400 D5460 5510 5515 6510 7510, Chipped, Ready for use
Offered by ECS Inks
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasantly surprised, 3 Jun 2014
I have been using 'non-HP' ink for many years now, but, with the awkwardness of re-utilising the original HP cartridge chip.

These inks were the first 'non-HP' cartridges with their own chip - identified as the printer as "Non HP Ink", but after agreeing, results are excellent.

DC 1 Female to 2 Male Power Splitter Cable for 2.1mm x 5.5mm Jack
DC 1 Female to 2 Male Power Splitter Cable for 2.1mm x 5.5mm Jack
Offered by sourcingmap
Price: 1.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Best quality splitter leads that I have found, and at a great price, 11 Mar 2014
I've tried plenty - but these have enough give where the cables separate to successfully supply two separate units and with a little room to spare. Well made and a great price.

Samsung UE42F5000AKXXU 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV (2013 model)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell far short of what I had hoped it would be, 5 Mar 2014
I had a miserable time finally getting this TV delivered. The first was "delivered" and "left in my porch" (I don't have a porch) as "no-one was in", whilst at the same time it was "signed for" - miraculous - I signed for a delivery at a property I wasn't in and so it was left in my non-existent porch. Theft anyone?

Once the replacement arrived after three days of waiting in, the icing on the cake was finding out that the generic product information supplied on the Amazon page was incorrect and this TV did not have any Smart functions, thus not only did it lack ITV player (one of the main reasons for choosing a Samsung), it didn't have any player.

Booo Hiiisss
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 1:47 AM GMT

TP-Link TL-WR720N 150Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
TP-Link TL-WR720N 150Mbps Wireless N Cable Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Great great and great, 5 Mar 2014
This router cost me ~10 and for that money it is an absolute gem of a bargain.

It's a really great little router this one, and doesn't make claims that it is unable to fill.

Lovely.

FLIRC USB Dongle for Media Centre, Raspberry Pi and XBMC
FLIRC USB Dongle for Media Centre, Raspberry Pi and XBMC
Price: 18.72

1.0 out of 5 stars So dissapointed, 5 Mar 2014
I had read about the Flirc many times on the internet over the past few years.

It was exulted as being the holy grail of HTPCs, especially ones that run XBMC.

So when I finally allowed myself to spend the 20ish for it, I had great expectations.

Well, you know what's coming...

All the hype seems to have been for nothing.

Sorry chaps and chapettes, it didn't work.

The USB connection was so loose that it wobbled almost 45 degrees either side of true.

Well, with manufacturing of that quality, I passed a replacement and tried doggedly to get my CEC adapter to work.

Tenda W300M 300Mbps Portable Wireless Access Point with Router
Tenda W300M 300Mbps Portable Wireless Access Point with Router
Offered by Areema Online
Price: 18.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous, 5 Mar 2014
I have quite a bit of working knowledge with switches, routers and wireless equipment. This is the very worst, by a high margin, of any networking equipment, that I have ever experienced.

The feature set is laughable (no MAC filtering?)

The latest firmware is from 2010???

The UI has all sorts of spelling mistakes showing just how much money and effort was put into designing this piece of shi, no, kit.

Denon PMA720AE Integrated Amplifier - Black
Denon PMA720AE Integrated Amplifier - Black
Offered by Superfi
Price: 174.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 5 Mar 2014
A very clear amplifier that although it has motorised controls, separates the circuitry and power supplies to these and the amplifier.

Wasn't suitable for my ongoing LED TV sound improvement project, but I would recommend this amp highly.

If you have capable speakers, it will drive them.

Cisco SPA112 - CSB 2 PORT PHONE ADAPTER - UK ONLY IN
Cisco SPA112 - CSB 2 PORT PHONE ADAPTER - UK ONLY IN
Offered by NetworkSupermarket
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For just over two months phone line rental, you'll never need a phone line again - what's not to like?, 5 Mar 2014
CISCO - either very very good and very very pricey or bad and very very pricey in my experience.

This is the first realistically priced Cisco product that I have ever seen.

It works like a charm, and as I have fibre broadband, I haven't bothered to pay an extra ~ 17 per month to run two vastly inferior copper bell wires to my property. Instead I route all of my phone calls over the fibre via this spiffing piece of kit, and, it only costs me 1p per minute to phone the USA - no monthly charge.

Happy days.

Really Useful 48L Box - Clear
Really Useful 48L Box - Clear
Offered by DISCOUNT INTERIORS LTD
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality - very well constructed - rigid, 5 Mar 2014
Five out of five for build quality and rigidity, slightly expensive I suppose, however I have never seen another cargo box manufactured this well

Guilty Gadgets  - Black Micro SD USB Memory Card Reader SD 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB
Guilty Gadgets - Black Micro SD USB Memory Card Reader SD 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by Guilty Gadgets
Price: 6.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Paper thin materials, 5 Mar 2014
My adapter arrived with the metal USB connector collapsed in on itself.

On closer inspection I realised that this could have been due to the meagre force necessary to push the jiffy bag through my post slot.

I'd be surprised if you could plug this item into a USB port without the metal connector concertinaing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5