ARRAY(0xab56f594)

Profile for J. Riordan > Reviews

Content by J. Riordan

J. Riordan "jamjar11" (Caterham UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Mens Kids PowerLayer Compression Base Layer / Baselayer Top Sleeveless Vest Thermal Under Shirt
Offered by SportsShopUK
Price: 14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars poor constriction, 29 Jan 2013
I bought this as I was trying to find a cheaper compression top and it just goes to show that you get what you pay for this has almost no compression even though I bought a size smaller than I would actually need as I like plenty of compression when I work out but this cannot deliver the promise of compression, so my advice go for a more expensive better compression top. The sub zeros are good value for money and the nike ones are great regardless of money!

Radflek Radiator Reflectors (3 Sheets, Fits 3-6 Radiators)
Radflek Radiator Reflectors (3 Sheets, Fits 3-6 Radiators)

3.0 out of 5 stars 6 pack not so sure!, 14 Jan 2013
I bought this on a special deal and received it relatively quickly I then waited until I had time to fit the 6 radiator pack and can only say as a few other reviewers have stated that for it to do 6 radiators they would all have to be really small as I managed 3 main radiators and 1 really small one and you could also do with a few more clips to hold the place of the sheeting when installed. Having said that it seems to be a good item just wish the 6 pack did six radiators.

Nokia X6 16GB Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Nokia X6 16GB Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Offered by Fone-Central
Price: 159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars its now out in uk form, 27 Feb 2010
Hi

I always find it odd that people review things before the offical u.k. product is out and released with the porper u.k. ratified software etc.

I can say that having had this phone for a few days that it functions properly with no freezing and yes some things are 1 click and others 2 but this was the same on the model this replaces the 5800 nokia.

To all intents and purposes this is an upgrade machine in terms of memory and screen with the ovi maps etc a great freebie.

Nokia may not be able to get the top end n9xx series software right but the mid to mid upper range phones they have no such problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2010 3:32 PM GMT

Valor's Trial (Confederation Novels)
Valor's Trial (Confederation Novels)
by Tanya Huff
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Ending?, 28 Jun 2009
A good, what seems to be and end to the series picking up all of the loose pieces and delivering the end answers.

She's still the same character in yet another harsh situation. I started to read this series after finishing the last legion of the damned by dietz and it fits in nicely. Another book to look in to if you like this is the deaths head series with sven lots of fun and no morals

The Dresden Files: Complete Season 1 [2007] [DVD]
The Dresden Files: Complete Season 1 [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Blackthorne
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars No its not like the books but it is great tv, 16 Jun 2009
Like many others I read the books before seeing the tv series, now unlike many others I was very happy with what I saw, there was no way they would duplicate the whole of the depth of the written series so taking what they did and using it is fine with me.

I know that people complain about Bob having a body but I feel that it works really well on tv and helps to back up the books relationship between them.

I watched the series with my wife who has no interest at all in scifi sci fantasy and wouldnt look at lord of the rings or star wars if you paid her. However she really got in to this series and even dreamed about it after having watched it. So you can imagine how she felt when I told her that despite improving ratings it had been canned.

So next steps were to sign the petition to get it back and encourage more people to watch the series in the hope that the dvd sales will continue to show that there is an audience out there for the show to go on.

So finally if youre reading this tv exec's bring back the Dresden files please!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (PC DVD)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (PC DVD)
Offered by Craig Lea Resources
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same........., 6 Oct 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Why have I rated this 5 stars because once you have patched it (Patch it to 1.5.04 or what ever the latest patch is now)and got rid of the bugs, it is another visit to the zone giving you some places you remember and some new ones you dont.

I really liked the first outing and have been looking forward to this one as soon as it was announced. It is interesting to see characters you will see again in shadow in an earlier form.

The game play is still good and I think the artifacts have a much better performance in this game than the first.

All in all if you liked the first one you will like this too.

Deus Ex: The Conspiracy - Official Strategy Guide
Deus Ex: The Conspiracy - Official Strategy Guide
by Joseph Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it after you have finished!, 12 Aug 2007
This guide whilst not cheap due to the rarity of it is a good buy as it is fully descriptive of the game and its locations and does even have a truth behind the action special section where they try to tie up the story threads in to a cohesive single story in 7 pages.

I find that these game guides are great to have to reas after you have completed the game a number of times then use it to see what you may have missed not just as a cop out because the game is too hard. The game is supposed to challenge that why you bought it in the first place.

As a footnote there are a number of retexturing projects going on presently which will bring the game up to date and will be worth viewing.

Freecom Classic DVD+/-RW 8X 40X16X32 8X4X8  Writer
Freecom Classic DVD+/-RW 8X 40X16X32 8X4X8 Writer

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and cool, 12 Aug 2007
I bought this for my wife and her toshiba laptap as an inexpensive external dvd rw +/-. It has lived up to all my expectations and my wife who isnt that computer literate can use it easily. The drive easily connects using usb 1 or 2 and has its own power lead.

Dungeon Keeper 2 (PC CD)
Dungeon Keeper 2 (PC CD)
Offered by Zartek UK
Price: 5.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Look at some of the previous morons reviews and wonder!!!, 9 Feb 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dungeon Keeper 2 (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
This game is one of my favourites it is however quite old now (1998/1999)and can have some problems running under xp. This does not stop me loading it up and forgetting what time it is whilst losing myself playing it until the game it self takes the mickey out of you by telling you that its past midnight or dont you have any thing better to do. There is strategy to this game in how you have to play to actually win the allocation of resources and how far to tunnel and when. I would ask you all to type dungeon keeper in to the amazon search engine and view the other versions of this game and the reviews therein to see how the game actually plays and is rather than the reviews before this one mocking the game.

Ware's The House (1989)
Ware's The House (1989)
Offered by EX DISPLAY STOCK
Price: 13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars great house, 21 Oct 2005
This review is from: Ware's The House (1989) (Audio CD)
this collection has 20 tracks including
fpi project - rich in paradise
the mixmaster - grand piano
d j lelewel - magis alto II
skeletor - do you want me
101 - just as long as ive got you
queen latifah and monie love - ladies first
deskee - let there be house
patti day - right before my eyes
jd - good vibrations
2 in a room - somebody in the house say yeah
and more
this is a real memory trip for me

Page: 1 | 2