Profile for kurt's fan > Reviews

Content by kurt's fan

kurt's fan (Wuxi, China)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Blade Runner - 30th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [1982] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford
Offered by DVDMAX-UK
Price: 71.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Collector's edition?, 13 Dec 2012
I really wish Warner could put some effort into their countless double or even triple dipping blu-ray releases, especially in the special features department. First, design an menu please!!!!! Don't start the movie right away!!!! And when you actually designed an menu for your blu ray releases, make sure the menu is in motion instead of a still picture!!!! All other companies are doing this except Warner. Now, onto this disc, the special features are abundant and informative which is great. But why didn't Warner upgrade them in HD? Or at least upgrade the Dangerous Days documentary in HD(I think this documentary was shot in 2007 so upgrading to HD is not that difficult?)? But no, not even the trailers are in HD(Warner never bothers to upgrade the trailers of their older movies to HD). And I can understand that because they cramed all the special features in the third disc and the documentary is like over 3 hours and many other special features on the disc so surely there is no room for a 3-hour HD special features which leaves me to this question: The first and second disc are both 25G which are the same discs released years ago, it's really funny because there is enough room to put the Dangerous Days documentary(even in HD) on the first or second disc if the discs were encoded in 50G, but they didn't do that, instead they just repacked the original blu-ray release with a cheaply made car model and a few pages book and called it a 30th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition. Shame on you Warner. But one thing cannot be denied is the PQ and AQ on the film itself are amazing! So, I don't know, it's still worth getting if you don't mind the lack of HD special features. But if you already own the 2007 5-disc release, take a pass.

The Terminator [Blu-ray] [1984] [Region Free]
The Terminator [Blu-ray] [1984] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Price: 7.65

4.0 out of 5 stars I cannot wait, 9 Oct 2012
I just ordered it and I am so excited. Cannot wait to recieve it. Great news is that they remastered the picture I mean the US version is just so poor. And this disc is region free!!!! Wow!!! Thank you Lowery for giving the treatment it deserves. And the movie do I need to say more??? In my opinion the second one cannot even touch it and it's probably Arnie and Cameron's best. Cool cover art. A must-have in any collection.

Lethal Weapon 1-4 [Blu-ray] [2005] [Region Free]
Lethal Weapon 1-4 [Blu-ray] [2005] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Mel Gibson
Price: 11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 2 Aug 2012
There is some serious chemistry between Gibson and Glover and that's the reason why it worked. And from second one Joe Pesci stole every moment when he's on screen, I'd say this became a hobby for him because he also stole the show in Goodfellas and Casino, he is such a cute little old man. And at part 4 they even bring Chris Rock to the mix which results in more comedy gold.
Loud, fun and violent that's the best way to describe these movies. They are even better on blu-ray!!!!! BUY.

Green Zone Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Green Zone Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 18.70

3.0 out of 5 stars good movie, grainy picture, 15 May 2012
never saw a picture so grainy on blu-ray before. But I kinda liked it. In the vein of the Bourne trilogy, it's a satisfying movie about the war. Matt even had the same haircut... It's all too familiar. Although director could have shaken the camera less. Recommended.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2012 1:48 AM GMT

Marvel's Avengers Assemble [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Marvel's Avengers Assemble [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: 9.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Event of the year!, 11 May 2012
My favourite Avenger has always been Thor but after watching this movie Cap was equally awesome in my mind. This movie rocks and what a way to start this summer! Critically and commercially successful and deservedly so. Talk about movie magic! This is must-own when it comes to blu-ray.

Pearl Harbor [Blu-ray]
Pearl Harbor [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Price: 5.80

3.0 out of 5 stars why a love story?, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Pearl Harbor [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I mean the love story really ruined the movie for me. Great action though as you'd expect from a Michael Bay movie. But please, the triangle love story is just bad, just fast forward to the second half and you will find what you are looking for...

Leaving Las Vegas [DVD]
Leaving Las Vegas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Price: 5.68

5.0 out of 5 stars once in a life time role for Nicolas Cage, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Leaving Las Vegas [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is so sad and depressing to watch. You can tell right from the beginning that there is no turning back for this man but somehow you'd wish Shue's character can bring him back. Cage's performance made my heart ache. It's always frustrating to watch a man fall but I just couldn't take my eyes away. Beautiful yet tragic film. Hope a masterpiece like this can get a proper blu-ray release one day.

Trespass [Blu-ray]
Trespass [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars It deserves to be seen!, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Trespass [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I'm a huge Cage fan and I had to see this. Obviously I was worried that the movie wouldn't be any good because of all the negative reviews and the fact that it was directly released to home video. I was wrong, way wrong. I think it was a travesty that it wasn't even released in cinema. This is an intense thriller with twists and turns I never saw coming. And the central theme deals with betrayal, love, forgiveness and most of all, family. The 90 minutes went so fast that it felt like it was over in a blink of eyes. And Cage as usual gave it his all and he had great chemistry with Kidman. I was never a fan of her but I have to say she looked amazing for her age and was probably the hottest actress in this movie, but on top of that she is also a fine actress. Maybe it's irrelevant to this movie but I have to say this anyway that it is not fair for people to bash everything Cage has been doing lately without probably even seeing the work he's done but just because others are saying those nonsense so they follow. I strongly recommend this movie and I believe you will enjoy it.

WWE: WrestleMania 28 [Blu-ray]
WWE: WrestleMania 28 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ WWE

4.0 out of 5 stars A three-match show, 5 April 2012
This is a better Wrestlemania than last year's and it's basically a three-match show. The rest of the card are mainly fillers. What surpriesd me the most was the match between Sheamus and Daniel Bryan which really degraded the value of the World Heavyweight Championship and the prestige of the Royal Rumble winners.

Three best matches on the card:

1. HHH vs UT
Not really a HIAC match, more like a chairs match in my opinion. Very brutal with loads of chair shots. Just look at both men's back after the match, bruised and battered. Emotional ending and maybe the best match of this WM.

2. Punk vs Jericho
Great wrestling match with Jericho pulling some rare moves. I was so disappointed by the ending though because Jericho really is the best wrestler in the world!!!!!

3. Rock vs Cena
This match had that main event feel to it and they actually went a full 30 minutes. Kudos to both guys especially to The Rock for this was his first singles match in many years. Very exciting towards the end. I'd like to see a rematch. Maybe at Summerslam???

Brock Lesnar returned the next Monday night and WWE is getting more and more interesting.

The Three Musketeers (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
The Three Musketeers (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Matthew MacFadyen
Price: 5.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Pirates of the...sky!!, 29 Mar 2012
Now this is entertainment, every Paul W.S Anderson movie that I watched I enjoyed, this is no exception. Fast-paced from beginning to end, none-stop action, humor, suspense, landscape and adventure. One word to describe the whole experience is fun. I cannot remember seeing a more enjoyable movie in recent memory. I wish I had seen it in cinema. Now bring on the sequel. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6