Profile for Peter > Reviews

Peter "Real World" (UK)

One For All SV9215 Flat Antenna
One For All SV9215 Flat Antenna

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with my Freeview TV., 2 Nov. 2014
Works well with my Freeview TV. I fitted it against the wall just above the TV and not only looks
unobtrusive but also blends in well. It's much better than those bulky TV antennas I tried before so would definitely recommend
this one.

650 x 400 mm White Towel Rail Radiator Heated Ladder
650 x 400 mm White Towel Rail Radiator Heated Ladder
Offered by iBathUK

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 2 Nov. 2014
Excellent value for money. Looks good in my small bathroom and does not take up too much space.

Last Days
Last Days
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting To Watch, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Last Days (DVD)
Well worth a watch if you like apocalypse and end of world type films like 28 days later.
However, you won't find zombies or alien invasions in this film, but rather a thoughtful and interesting scenario where a mysterious plague has infected the population of the planet, inflicting a lethal form of agoraphobia which prevents anyone from leaving the sanctuary of buildings. I won't go into great details about the plot which involves 2 trapped office colleagues using the sewers and underground tunnels in the city of Barcelona to search for their loved ones...but you should be aware that this film is Spanish and has english subtitles which did not spoil the film at all for me but might put some people off.
I found the film a bit slow at times and some of it is told in flashbacks so you do need to concentrate to follow the narrative.
The special effects are good in showing a decaying and crumbling metropolis with the population scavenging in buildings and underground to survive. There are some good action scenes and the main characters are acted well. I would not classify this as a pure horror film but do give it a watch if you fancy something a bit more intriguing and different.

Pathfinder ( Ofelas ) [DVD]
Pathfinder ( Ofelas ) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nils Gaup
Offered by hotshotrecordsgermany

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a great film, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Pathfinder ( Ofelas ) [DVD] (DVD)
Purchased this film as cannot be rented on Lovefilm. I first saw this
film on British TV in the 1980's and really loved it. The authentic icebound setting, the story and the
brilliant acting still pack a punch. The sub titles do not take away the affect of the film and I can't
understand why they do not release it on rental.

Aten CS62U 2-Port USB KVM Switch
Aten CS62U 2-Port USB KVM Switch
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat!, 11 Mar. 2013
I choose this item to switch between an old and a new PC both running Windows 7.
After a bit of twiddling around with cables and connections I managed to get it working OK.
It's fairly straightforward if you follow the simple instructions.
I just press the scroll lock key twice and it switches over to the next PC without any problems.
There is a slight 1 second pause between switching, which is no bother at all.
I would definitely recommend this product.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bit of Kit, 15 Dec. 2009
I brought this camera to replace an old samsung digital camera I had purchased 2 years previous
and what a difference this beauty is. It feels good quality and takes excellent pictures. I always leave
it on auto and the pictures always come out great so no need to mess around with the manual settings.
So far I have been very pleased with this camera.

Netgear DG834, Wired Router with 4-port 10/100 Mbps Switch
Netgear DG834, Wired Router with 4-port 10/100 Mbps Switch
Offered by NETWORK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job admirably, 30 Oct. 2009
I bought the Netgear DG834 to replace an old BT Router when I changed broadband suppliers. Installation was a breeze just following instructions on the install CD. I have had only one problem with it when I could not access the internet. I phoned my internet provider
technical support team and found out that by just simply turning the netgear off and on after a few minutes re-sets
the router and everything was fine! I always leave the router on but apparently it's good practice to switch it
off if not using for a while. I can't really fault this piece of equipment. It's lightweight, neat and compact and
does the job.