Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Veetop® Dual USB High Speed (MFI Certified) Car Charger UPGRADE 3.4Amp 15.5W - 2.4A & 1.0A, Smart charging for all iPhones (5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 3GS, 3G),iPad Air, iPad Mini, Apple iOS7, iPod,iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note 2/3, Nexus, Sony, Nokia, HTC, LG, Motorora,Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, GPS,Smartphones & Tablets (Black/Silver)
Offered by Veetop

Angelsounds Baby Fetal Heart Monitor (Doppler) with free Headphones, battery and recording cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it., 20 Mar. 2011
This seemed like a frivolous purchase when I got it but it paid for itself over and over when we started to worry the baby hadn't been moving for a while. For the peace of mind this gave us it was a bargain!

Also used the output cable to record the baby's heartbeat on a laptop and sent it to the grandparents who really enjoyed that.

Recommended!

Honeywell HZ-500E Quick Fan Heater
Honeywell HZ-500E Quick Fan Heater

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 20 Mar. 2011
Works reliably and warms a room fast. The ability to alter the temperature, rate of airflow and switch to unheated airflow have all worked well for me. This can heat a whole room suprisingly quickly!

Have been very happy with this, recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but effective, 20 Mar. 2011
Used this to boost the wireless performance on a very old laptop running Ubuntu 10.10. Gives great performance, great range and worked with Ubuntu out of the box.

Highly recommended.

INTEL - SERVER BOARD WIRELESS WIFI LINK 533AN HALF MINI CARD TRAY
INTEL - SERVER BOARD WIRELESS WIFI LINK 533AN HALF MINI CARD TRAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Just worked well., 20 Mar. 2011
Used this to replace the internal wireless card in my Dell Studio XPS 17. Followed Dells instructions and it worked flawlessly. I now have a strong, fast, stable connection to my Buffalo 802.11n router. Highly recommended.

Buffalo AirStation HighPower Cable Router with High Speed Internet Connections of Up to 300 Mbps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, fast wireless, 20 Mar. 2011
I bought this to act as a wireless access point and fast network switch for my home LAN with my ISP (SKY) supplied ADSL router plugged into the WAN port. It's been great, the installation was simple and the wireless throughput with an 802.11n wifi card in my laptop has been very impressive.

I haven't used the NAS feature of the router itself as I have plugged my existing NAS in via the gigabit ethernet ports but that has worked fine. Also worth noting this does NOT include an ADSL modem!

The interface shows an impressive range of configuration items, I haven't needed much beyond the basics yet but having gone down the route of custom configs before I feel reassured that there is a lot of power to customise the config there if I need it.

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Implementation (Network Pro Library)
by David R. Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much specific product content not much insight, 20 Mar. 2011
I was hoping for a general approach to the topic which is there, but at a high level. There is little detail of how to generically analyse or understand log sources and systems and a strong focus on a set of specific products. If you're using Alienvault, OSSIM, Cisco-Mars, Arcsight ot Qradar then you might have gotten more value from this book than I did. I'm not using those products so it seems like half the content isn't applicable to the general problem leaving a fairly bland introduction to the topic that doesn't provide much insight.

If you have no idea what SIEM is AND you are planning on using one of the products mentioned then this is probably a good book for you. However, as an experienced security practitioner using different products I got little value from this book.

HTC Desire TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover (Desire "HD", Smoke Black)
HTC Desire TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover (Desire "HD", Smoke Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 20 Mar. 2011
Fits the Desire HD well, doesn't add too much bulk to an already bulky phone and is easy to slip on and off if, like me, you use a cradle for charging. A real no-brainer, highly recommended.

Possibly would have preffered a pure black, unpatterned skin but the pattern is quite subtle and not too garish.

The DAM Book
The DAM Book
by Peter Krogh

5.0 out of 5 stars Authoritative and complete., 20 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The DAM Book (Paperback)
I was facing a growing collection of photos including family snapshots and my amateur photography raw files and the processed Jpegs. I had been planning various mechanisms for backup and off-site storage and we were using a range of different organising tools from folders to tags using different standards. It was getting messy.

This book provided a great walk through of one approach from start to finish of managing your photos so that you can use them and find them and make sure they're safe. I've never found such a succinct guide on the Internet that provided the same level of coverage and confidence that you were getting all the facts. I've implemented many of the techniques described in the book and feel a lot more in control of my files now.

This is especially useful if you are a LightRoom user.

I have no hesitation recommending this book to digital photographers in the same position of a rapidly growing, important set of digital files that you need to organise and make safe.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2011 11:48 AM BST

TDK BD-R 4x 50GB Blu-ray Disc J/C (T78009)
TDK BD-R 4x 50GB Blu-ray Disc J/C (T78009)
Offered by ECOTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for archiving photos, 20 Mar. 2011
I bought five of these to archive a growing photo collection for off-site storage and backup. All worked flawlessly and the addition of a good solid case rather than just a spindle of discs gives me more confidence that they will still be in the same condition if I need to read them.

I'm happy with my choice and recommend them to anyone looking to do the same thing.

Page: 1 | 2