Profile for Briain > Reviews

Content by Briain

Briain (Killiney, Co. Dublin Ireland)

Red Hot Chili Pepper: Live at Slane Castle [DVD] [2003]
Red Hot Chili Pepper: Live at Slane Castle [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers
Offered by TwoRedSevens

4.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for anyone who was there or any fan, 28 Jun. 2005
Having seen the Chilis 3 times over the last 3 years, I can say with ease Slane 2003 was the most memorable, electric and unforgettable of the three. Anyone who was there will know what I mean - the atmoshpere that day was unforgettable, the crowd were unbelievable and it certainly rubbed off on the performance of the band. I am glad to say this atmosphere was captured on the DVD, all the memories come flooding back whenever I watch it and as on the day the sheer scale of the crowd & the quality of the performance overawes me.
However I have to leave out one star because for some inexplicable reasons my favourite song of the night is omitted - 'Soul to Squeeze'. Its the only time I heard it live, and it was absolutely incredible (running out of superlatives here) to hear it live. I don't know why it was left out; maybe because John Frusciante broke a string during it? I don't know.
However this is only a tiny blot on an otherwise perfect landscape. If you want to in one sitting learn the value, ethos, power and sheer unforgetability of seeing RHCP live, buy this.