Profile for Keith Farrell > Reviews

Content by Keith Farrell

Keith Farrell (Kirkcaldy, Scotland)

Am-Tech Heavy Duty Leather Punch Plier
Am-Tech Heavy Duty Leather Punch Plier
Offered by BARGAIN DEALS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars fits description, 25 Sept. 2013
just as described heavy duty, many uses,excellent price and good delivery very pleased with product especially price i would highly recommend this product

5 x Replacement Office Computer Chair Stem Swivel Castors Casters Wheels Black
5 x Replacement Office Computer Chair Stem Swivel Castors Casters Wheels Black
Offered by ST&K Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 12 Aug. 2013
Item arrived quickly and slotted into chair perfect first time. Found other reviews helpful in getting correct size. Only one required but happy to have spares and seems to be quite a universal castor.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing controller and look but a bit pricey, 23 Feb. 2012
When I bought this controller it was close to the £40 mark and for a casual gamer probably isn't worth it but if you play a decent amount I would recommend it.
It is a bad ass looking controller and one of the coolest ones I have seen.

I have had little to none problems with it, after a while pressing down the left analog stick (to sprint in some games, for example) made a slight creaking noise but it seems to have reduced and while it got a little bit annoying at times it was definitely durable and i have a feeling I was just unlucky to get it.

if you have the spare cash to get it then it's 10/10

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller with Play and Charge Kit - Silver (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller with Play and Charge Kit - Silver (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great controller and price for official product, 23 Feb. 2012
Had this controller for a long time and it is a great feeling and looking piece of equipment.

For the newest generation of official Xbox 360 controllers, this price is a steal!
The controller is primarily a slick silver, complimented by black plastics and unique buttons. Accompanying the controller is a play and charge kit which is a rechargeable battery for the controller and a charger which plugs into the Xbox via USB, this allows you to charge the battery while playing.
As with all official Xbox 360 controllers, great battery life.
There isn't much to say as for comparing wireless and wired as it is obvious to me to go for wireless, wireless is definitely worth it, don't even think about the choice.

A unique function for this generation of official controllers is the ability to make the D-pad have a flat surface rather than the standard cross. I have never found any use for this yet while gaming but it doesn't hurt in anyway as you can ust use the ordinary cross style.

I have always thought controllers to be over-priced but this is about as good a price as there is out there for an official controller of the latest generation bundled with a play and charge kit. If you are thinking about just using batterys this is a much better and cheaper option in the long run, less hassle too.

10/10

Soothsoft Chillow Pillow - Single
Soothsoft Chillow Pillow - Single

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 Feb. 2012
Bought this as a gift for my Mother, she uses it inside her pillow case to keep her cool at night as becoming too hot causes trouble with her sleep.
She has told me numerous times how good this product is and how much it helps her so 2 thumbs up for this.

A fun fact is she had one of these before and went on holiday to Spain with it, she left it there for the friend she was staying with as she is a volunteer at a pet shelter and uses it for the animals with infections to lie down on to keep them cool.
So it really can be used for more than what it is made for, good idea for people with animals who live in a hot area.

Very happy with this product and the service!

Shogun 2: Total War (PC DVD)
Shogun 2: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by PROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game and great service from Amazon, 23 Feb. 2012
Another great addition to the Total War series, the latest and of the greatest so far.
Very fun game but is does not play 100 MPH, it takes a lot of patience and strategy instead of mindless, unskillful action.

I am a veteran of the Total War series but I decided on doing the tutorial/mini-campaign to get accustomed to some of the new features and even remind me of some of the normal gameplay customs for this game, I am glad I did it. The tutorial actually takes a decent amount of time, a couple of hours at least but if you want to be able to play at your best it is definitely worth it.

I have a high spec computer so I am able to play with every graphics option maxed out so I can not comment on how it runs on a older computer but what you get at it's full potential is something stunning and rarely seen in the strategy game world.

One of the only problems I have with this game is it takes a long time to get past the initial load up screen.The first time I did it it took more than 5 minutes but is slightly faster now and some people claim it is fine for them after loading up for the first time.

When you install it I recommend to do it through Steam, a third-party program which runs games but auto-downloads updates, has an exclusive achievement system, has a brilliant multiplayer network and more.
IMPORTANT! - When you install the game through steam it will download the latest updates and it downloaded 5 GB of updates for me. I have heard that this is a problem with steam and some people claim they had to download the full game and the extra 5 GB update. After my 5 GB downloaded I was worried there would be a problem as I though that seemed to large a download to be right but it has worked fine so if this happens for you don't worry and just download it.

Great delivery time, packaging and price from Amazon as always, for a great and latest game from an outstanding series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2013 8:14 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for light sparring and the price, 13 Nov. 2011
I have been training MMA for 2 months and these are almost perfect for me.
It's not like I am the hardest kicker in the world but for throwing kicks with decent power (at Light-Heavyweight) these protect me very well. My legs have not been hurt yet while wearing them. They are simple foam padding so I wouldn't advise them for higher level or professional fighters but for semi-pro and below it is a very good product.

I have very thick legs but the MED is a perfect fit.

The only negative with these are they are pretty short and don't goall the way up your shin. I have pretty short legs so it isn't too bad for me but I still need to be careful sometimes as the top of my shin is exposed. If you have longer legs I would probably advise against these if you want nearly your whole shin covered.

Overall in my opinion a very good product for what it is.

Everlast Men's Boxing Sparring Glove - Black/Grey, 16oz
Everlast Men's Boxing Sparring Glove - Black/Grey, 16oz

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing gloves but not practical for grappling, 13 Nov. 2011
I've been using these gloves for a few months now and I have had no problems with the quality of the gloves, nothing has looked anywhere near to tearing, no stitching coming out and no padding at all has been falling out from the inside. Some of the mesh on the outside is becoming a little bit fuzzy but I think it has something to do with the velcro rubbing against it or something similar.

I am basing this review on my experience with the gloves, I have ordinary size hands so I don't know if my review will relate to someone with large or small hands but I think the gloves would be okay for most sizes of hands. I use these gloves to train MMA multiple times a week.

Positives:
They are perfect for hitting a heavy bag as they give you a lot of protection and you can easily fit handwraps on as well to get even more wrist and hand protection. For sparring and hitting pads they are really great, about as good as you can get. The gloves felt really heavy to me at first but they feel fine now and I'm sure it will help build muscular endurance with heavier gloves. One of my favourite things about these gloves are the ventilation, the palm side of the glove is mostly mesh which gives great ventilation and reduces how much you sweat in the gloves. There is a foam bar on the palm of the glove so when you have your hand in the gloves you can grip onto it and it makes it easier to keep a closed fist, really nice feature. Not as important, but the gloves looks really cool and I have seen pro athletes using them.

Negatives:
There isn't a whole lot wrong with these gloves but there are a few things I think could be improved. The velcro wrist strap is pretty short, I have never had a problem with it coming off but when I have hand wraps on I have to make it pretty tight to make sure it is fully strapped on, it would just be easier if the strap was longer but I have never really felt like it would rip or anything just a small imperfection. My biggest qualm with these gloves is the size of them, it may be my fault for buying 16oz but just letting other buyers know, the gloves looks really wide, it's no problem at all for anything stand-up but they aren't suitable for grappling. You can go through drills perhaps but as soon as it becomes competitive then the gloves just get stuck under his back if you are on top or many other annoying situations. Many times my hands have slipped out because the glove is stuck and I am trying to pull I out but only my hands comes out.

Overall:
The positives easily outnumber the negatives and as long as you are using these gloves for stand-up I would very highly recommend them. If you use them for MMA I suggest you swap to smaller gloves for grappling but I'm sure it isn't impossible to use these gloves to grapple, just not practical. My rating relates to my use of them, if I bought them solely for boxing or kickboxing they would be a strong 5 stars.

9/10