Profile for Monia Filipe > Reviews

Monia Filipe

Medela Washable Bra Pads
Medela Washable Bra Pads

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 15 Oct 2013
I was a bit disappointed when I received this item, because I think the material these breastfeeding pads are made of is not sturdy enough to support dozens of usages and washing cycles. But it's Medela and Medela offers good quality products, so I'm going to give it a try.

Olfa RTY-2/G rotary cutter with a 45 mm blade
Olfa RTY-2/G rotary cutter with a 45 mm blade
Offered by VALUE JAPAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Essencial tool for Quilting, 24 May 2013
Easy to use and safe tool. It offers clean cuts while cutting fabric, although I haven't tried it on other material. No need for that, though.

Sew What! Bags: 18 Pattern-Free Projects You Can Customize to Fit Your Needs
Sew What! Bags: 18 Pattern-Free Projects You Can Customize to Fit Your Needs
by Lexie Barnes
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring projects, 24 May 2013
Great book either for beginners and for more advanced sewing lovers (though not that advanced, I think...). Inspiring ideas with clear and intuitive explanations and diagrams.

Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting: The Revolutionary Programme That Transforms Family Life
by NoŽl Janis-Norton

4.0 out of 5 stars Calmer, easier, happier reading, 24 May 2013
Thanks, Noel, for your great insights on positive parenting! I have a 2 and a half year old toddler and, although the suggestions on the book are supposed to be for children older than 3, I have already found some utility in her method.
I think Noel repeats herself a lot, the same could be said in fewer pages, but I guess she wants to make a point and try to convince us of it, kind of a brainwashing but in a positive way, so it's ok.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2014 10:57 AM BST

Making Children's Clothes
Making Children's Clothes
by Emma Hardy
Edition: Kitchen & Home

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice projects, athough doubtful patterns, 24 May 2013
I have already made two or three projects from this book and, invariably, I get the same feeling: the patterns don't work and I have to adjust them or even look for alternatives on the Internet. It gives you great ideas to do your own projects though, but I get it can be very frustating to the mothers of baby boys.