Profile for Jimmy > Reviews

Content by Jimmy

Jimmy

Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000 - 2013 [Amazon Exclusive: Signed Copies] [Limited Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars A CD that I went and got, 6 Dec 2013
This is a CD that I have got with the money that I earned by doing a job. The job I did is to sell phones to people, who give me their money because they like having phones. They can use the phones to call people they really like, such as their parents or sometimes they have friends or they need to call the police. If they need to call the police though that is normally bad. I had to call the police once because I saw a man steal a handbag. The police caught the man and the lady gave me £10 and I got a special medal at school and it was a really nice day. Also the CD is very good.

I love Dogs' Print Scarf in Navy
I love Dogs' Print Scarf in Navy
Offered by SwankySwans

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a scarf, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: I love Dogs' Print Scarf in Navy
This is my favourite scarf ever. Not only is it a scarf, it also is covered in dogs. I really like dogs, so this also makes me like the scarf more. It is very warm, so sometimes I can not wear it. But even if I am not wearing it, it still looks very nice. Also, it makes a nice toy for my cat. He is only 2 months old, and he likes to chase it. I got him from an old lady in a cottage. I am not sure, but I might have actually stolen him. But it is okay, because we eat tuna together every Friday and tomorrow is Friday so I am happy because I will eat tuna with my cat and then we will play with the scarf.

The A Quarter Of... Retro Sweets Cube (With Free Delivery)
The A Quarter Of... Retro Sweets Cube (With Free Delivery)
Offered by A Quarter Of - The Retro Sweets You Love

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it. It was yummy., 6 Dec 2013
This was the greatest sweet cube I have ever had. Not only were there sweets, but it was in fact, a perfect cube. I know this to be true, because I measured it. I don't know exactly how many sweets the cube contained but it was a lot and I ate them all so now I cannot count them. If you buy 8 of these sweet cubes, you could make an even bigger cube and be even more happy.

RISE AGAINST-END GAME
RISE AGAINST-END GAME
Offered by MasterDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Endgame - Darker than you think., 17 Mar 2011
This review is from: RISE AGAINST-END GAME (Audio CD)
If your ever a big fan of a band, new albums are always an anxious time. Is it good? More importantly, what if it isn't? Can you handle your favourite band making an absolute disaster? (I'm looking at you Saint Anger).

Endgame is Rise Against's 6th studio album, after the hit-and-miss Appeal to Reason. It seems to walk a fine line between punk and hard rock. The best way I can describe it is as a refined version of ATR. Its as though they read any criticism to that album, and worked on it. The instruments sound better. The lyrics are better. It sounds more refined. Rise Against know their audience, and write songs accordingly. Those looking for long winded deep metaphors, with anti-war meanings hidden behind them should go elsewhere. This album is about screaming their beliefs at you. The theme is much darker than many of their fans might be used to, especially the title track "Endgame".

Personally, this is one of my favourite Rise Against albums so far. Much better than Appeal to Reason, better than Siren Song and I think with enough listens it will rival Sufferer (I won't compare it to the first 2 albums, because the sound is just so drastically different now). It feels heavier, the songs are catchy and it confirms to me why they are such an important band. So many other mainstream bands make one song about an issue, or sing around it rather than addressing it directly. Rise Against kick the issue in the face and force you to think about it.

Favourite songs: Satellite, This is Letting Go, Endgame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2011 10:50 AM BST

Undisputed: How to Become World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps
Undisputed: How to Become World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps
by Chris Jericho

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lion's Tale. The impossible follow up., 17 Feb 2011
If your considering buying this book, you have probably read it's prequel already. And if you have, you probably understand why this might be the most hotly anticipated wrestling book in modern memory. Expectations for Undisputed were high.

I have only read it once (so far) but it does not disappoint. Jericho has proved himself as an established writer, who knows his fanbase. The same in-jokes return from A Lion's Tale, as well as a whole bunch of new ones. Remember the Jericho curse? It's back, with a vengeance.

Undisputed also spends a lot more time looking at some of Chris' non-wrestling work, especially Fozzy. Fans of the band will definitely enjoy it, but so will people that are interested in the music business in general. It's an eye opener for anyone that didn't previously think record companies were slightly evil. But it's also testament to Chris' hard work and determination to make the band succeed.

The book also covers Chris Benoit, with more humanity than any account I have read before. It was well known tht Benoit & Jericho were close friends, and for once it doesn't seem like someone is trying to cash in on the dark event for personal gain. With both Benoit and Eddy I was in tears reading, it was incredibly moving.

In comparison, does it live up to all the hype? Maybe. After one highly enjoyable read, its a little hard to tell. A Lion's Tale is one of my all time favourite books period, I have read it at least 20 times. I think Undisputed is a brilliant book in its own right, and strongly recommend it to all wrestling and non-wrestling fans.

Ab III
Ab III

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids still got it, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
Not often does an album have to live up to the amount of hype that ABIII does. But then again, not many bands have such a fantastic back record, and are widely regarded as the most underrated band in rock today. Having been a fan since 2005 (thanks WWE), and having listened to ODR and BB almost religiously, I was a little apprehensive about the new CD. Could the boys make it a perfect trifecto?

The most noticeable thing about this album is that its dark. Very dark. Darker than a dodgy alleyway. For a lot of the older fans of what I'll call grin-rock, this might throw you off a little. Track 1 - Slip to the Void starts with Kennedy's haunting voice over very little guitar, before launching into some kickass riffery. Isolation (the first single) provides a little more of the sing-a-long rock we've grown accustomned too, as does track 3 (Ghosts of days gone by).

It's here I think the album hits a bit of a lull, because once again we go back to the darker theme, and less heavy guitars. By no means are tracks 4 & 5 bad, but I don't think they will appeal to older fans so much. Less guitar, more vocals, and an overall depressing sound kinda lets them down slightly.

Wonderful life (track 7) is built of massive mainstream appeal should it ever get released, and really showcases Kennedy again as a vocalist. Its clearly the In loving Memory of this album, but a more refined version. It truely is a beautiful song, and easily worth the price of the album on its own. I know it Hurts (track 8) follows up with some hard-rockery, a song for the headbangers of the earth. If anything it completely changes the basis of the album, from being too emotional.

I'll skip over to the end now for my favourite two tracks on the album; Life must go on & Words darker than their wings. The former will again appeal to fans of the previous two albums, with a fantaastic chorus, an upbeat sound and Kennedy never doing anything wrong on "dem vocals". The latter of the two actually showcases Tremonti as a vocalist. The track is supposed to be a conversation between Tremonti and Kennedy. They tried something new, and it works well.

I won't lie, this album threw me a little at first. I was used to the happy sounds of Blackbird, and its taken a few lsitens to really understand where this album is coming from. But now I'm there I fully recommend it. There is somethig for everyone here, and I hope this is the album that finally introduces Alter Bridge to a wider audience. Because after 3 flawless albums, they deserve some recognition.