Profile for NiallM > Reviews

Content by NiallM

NiallM "NiallM" (Belfast)

SanDisk 32 GB MicroSDHC Memory Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain compared to the high street, 2 Jan. 2013
I bought this device for a Samsung Galaxy W in order to store and play music on my phone after my mp3 player finally packed it in. Very pleased, I paid half of what I was quoted on the high street and now have a 30GB music player and phone. Delighted.

RETRACTABLE USB DATA SYNC CHARGER CABLE LEAD FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY W I8150 GALAXY Y PRO B5510 GALAXY Y S5360 GALAXY SMART GALAXY S II LTE GALAXY PREVAIL GALAXY Q

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 2 Jan. 2013
My first impression was what a cool usb with the retractable lead being pretty neat. Unfortunatley, the second time I connected the device to my laptop via this USB it refused to work. The device would only be recognised on my laptop if the usb lead was held into the phone with an iron grip thus risking damaging the phone. Useless.

Michael McIntyre: Showtime [DVD]
Michael McIntyre: Showtime [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael McIntyre
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Recovers from poor start in the second half, 2 Jan. 2013
This show is not as good as the previous two DVD's from Michael McIntyre both of which were excellent. I'm frankly astonished at the number of "5 star" reviews.

Based on the quality of McIntrye's previous, my wife and I were really looking forward to watching this however we were disappointed overall. The opening part dealing with the Olympics/Jubilee didn't produce many laughs however the material recovered significantly in the latter part of the show which saved the purchase from being labelled a dud. 3* is about right in my view.

A Rush Of Blood To The Head
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 30 Oct. 2008
Coldplay take a lot of stick - maybe some of it is deserved, a lot OTT, but all that can be said of this album is that it is a classic. One of the best albums of the decade.

Only by the Night
Only by the Night
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start but fades away, 30 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
I have all three previous Kings Of Leon albums and feel the first two albums - Youth and Young Manhood and A-ha Shake Heartbreak had moments of genuine quality but were very much over hyped by the British Music Press and indeed by several KOL fans. Because of The Times though is a great record. Anyway, after hearing lead single from this album "Sex on Fire" and "Crawl" on the KOL Myspace site before release, I was excited about this forthcoming release from the Kings.

Unfortunatley, having had a taster beforehand of these two tracks, I was disappointed as the rest of the album ultimatley does not then live up to the quality of these two tracks, although opener "Closer" is an excellent song as well. After the first three tracks I was thinking this is brilliant so far. "Use Somebody" comes up next and this is also a good song before the pace drops a little with "Manhattan." Without going through all the rest of the individual tracks, my overall feeling on this record is that it starts of brilliant but then dips badly through the middle without ever really recovering.

So, all in all, it's still a good record and most people will probably enjoy it but it certainly does not live up to the hype that surrounds it - in my opinion of course! If there was a half mark I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.

Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but easily broken, 16 Jun. 2008
I'm on my third pair of these Sony earphones. The first pair lasted quite some time and were very good value for money. The second pair not so long and today, my third pair has stopped played music in one ear having only owned them since January 2008 and they have not been abused. Therefore, although these earphones provide pretty good sound, I'd have to say that the recent two products have not represented value for money.