Profile for normngrey > Reviews

Content by normngrey

normngrey "normngrey" (South, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth  [Online Game Code]
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth [Online Game Code]

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 15 Dec 2014
Another game too far resting on the past laurels of Sid Meier. I didn't feel at all engaged and the game at even high levels left no thinking to do.

I played all of Sid Meier's games from the get go but in the last 5 years the new batch just aren't up to scratch. Far too simple. Save your money.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Offered by The Game Collection - The Game Collection - PLEASE IGNORE ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES. ROYAL MAIL 1st CLASS DELIVERIES ARRIVE WITHIN 1-3 WORKING DAYS

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reason I Bought A PS4, 15 Dec 2014
I have never owned a Play Station. I'm am an ardent PC gamer of many years. I have been told much about this game by friends around the world and told to buy this to play as soon as possible. Well it's never going to be ported across so I took the plunge and bought the game with PS4.

I am impressed. The game play is good. I like the puzzles outside of combat and it flows well. There is some good humour when least expected. I was a bit put off a little by the toons merging with objects around them (hands into car doors for example) but ultimately the game play is really good fun. I really enjoyed how this developed and would like a bit more of the same. I'm not competent enough to play with factions online yet but aim to get there as quickly as possible.

Well worth it.

Garmin nuvi 50 5 inch Touchscreen Satellite Navigation with UK and Ireland Maps (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 2 Aug 2014
This thing just won't pick up the location inside of 5 minutes. Someone else in conversation confirmed this is not unusual. I used to have a Tom Tom and if I can be convinced to part with the money I'll not buy another Garmin.

The Queen Of The Tearling
The Queen Of The Tearling
by Erika Johansen

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unexpected Jewel, 2 Aug 2014
Well I was looking for something to beat the usual junk appearing in the local bookshop and this is it.

Others have already said plenty and I don't want to spoil the plot.

What I will say is it is definitely worth the money. I look forward to the follow on books with anticipation.

The Americans - Season 1 [DVD]
The Americans - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keri Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Presses a lot of buttons, 26 April 2014
I didn't know what to expect when I bought this but I'm really glad I did.

This starts in 1981 when I was in the green suit so I immediately fell into the scenarios in America because the politics and public characters meant so much to my life at the time.

We knew about Illegals, it was obvious such groups existed in NATO countries but nothing was ever said at the time. Mageburg Annie was the one many would wonder about as she broadcast her mysterious messages from East Germany.

Seeing the technology at the time for surveillance purposes to what is available now was quite a flashback and I do wonder how on earth such clunky kit was ever used to such good effect.

Some of the plot was quite obvious but when was realised came about it wasn't a let down because everything flowed so smoothly in each episode. Some of it brought out some interesting memories.

The choice of music from the time feels inspired and for me was a fantastic buzz.

I don't think it matters from what group you are, I think everyone will find something really enjoyable in this. It's a well put together series and I can't wait for more.

EasyCap DC60 - USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter with Video Editing Software
EasyCap DC60 - USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter with Video Editing Software

1.0 out of 5 stars No 2 chipsets alike - Do Not Buy, 8 Mar 2014
Do not buy this product. I bought two from different suppliers just in case my client was wrong.

If you need a device like this then buy from a source which provide real support and has a consistent history for reliability. A half decent device comes in around £50 unlike this junk.

You get what you pay for.

Banshee - HBO Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Banshee - HBO Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Antony Starr

1.0 out of 5 stars BD failure?, 5 Jan 2014
Bought this as treat for myself. Unfortunately it won't load past episode selection. I've probably left it too late to replace with Amazon so have ordered the DVD version. Using Marantz kit with latest firmware installed. Bad batch maybe? Looking forward to the DVD version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 4:48 PM BST

Man of Steel [DVD]
Man of Steel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Henry Cavill

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave up, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Man of Steel [DVD] (DVD)
I settled in hoping to pass a rainy afternoon with a good film. This wasn't it. Gave up 1 hr 14 minutes in. The camera work was poor - obvious unintentional flare, reflections etc. The CGI was very good. The editing meant nothing flowed, the plot was patched together with a script which didn't flow and the acting was mediocre at best. To have watched this film to the end would have required a level of masochism in me which doesn't exist.

I'm baffled by the 5 star reviews here - I'm sure I didn't watch the same film.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2013 7:29 PM GMT

Razer Megalodon Gaming Headset 7.1 Surround Sound
Razer Megalodon Gaming Headset 7.1 Surround Sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headset yet, 29 Sep 2013
I've used various headsets in the last 4 years and this one has been the most comfortable with very user friendly controls. Sound is very clear and, on occasion, the 7.1 has had me ducking.

It is very light based on what I've had in the past. The wiring is far more friendly in so far as it does not stay in the way like plastic coated ones. The control box is a sensible size and can be placed well out of the way once set up and its weight means it is a boon for cable management.

When using the microphone you don't normally hear your voice which is odd after what I'm used to. The only app. I'm struggling to configure it with is Ventrilo. TeamSpeak works out of the box.

Very nice. Worth the money.

Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter - 31S, Series 3, Contour, Flex Integral - 5000 Series - Silver
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

3.0 out of 5 stars 2013 Review, 21 Sep 2013
I've been using the replacing foil and cutter pack for some time. It has always delivered high quality results and lasted for at least 12 months just like it says on the pack (actually the pack says change every 18 months).

The product has changed. The cutter used to have thin blades which, with the cutter, provided an easy close shave. Now the blades are about 1.5mm thick. The results are far poorer. Shaving takes far longer and the shave is not particularly close. What's worse is the cutter blades started to break after about 6 weeks.

I've checked in the shops just in caser this was a duff internet product but no, even Boots sells the same poor cutter in the pack.

This experience has been so bad I'm tempted to return to wet shaving.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15