Profile for M. A. Ali > Reviews

Content by M. A. Ali

M. A. Ali "Trinimelscorp" (UK)

Complete Idiot's Guide to Philosophy (The Complete Idiot's Guide)
Complete Idiot's Guide to Philosophy (The Complete Idiot's Guide)
by Jay Stevenson Ph.D

2.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, 14 Oct 2009
I bought this book as I thought it would help me as I am currently studying Philosophy and had hoped that this would give me the added edge! All I did was waste the money I spent on it and as I bought it in Canada and could not find the receipt to return it the STUPID book shop would not take it back. I am therefore stuck with it.

If you are buying it just for pleasure and are curious about Philosophy maybe it is alright. My opinion is that it is a waste of money!

Barbie Fairytopia Movie Collection [DVD]
Barbie Fairytopia Movie Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mariposa Fairytopia

4.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT EVEN FOR A TWO YEAR OLD!!!, 3 April 2009
My daughter is just over two and I bought this box set after searching and searching. We spent Christmas with my niece who is into Barbie and it must have rubbed off on my daughter. I decided to try this box set after getting tired of being subjected to Barbie In The Nutcracker over and over again. I did contemplate buying other DVD's but compared to this box set they were alot more expensive. I must say I am glad I took the chance my daughter loves all the DVDs. I alternate it with Something Special as she LOVES Mr Tumble, but all in all, would recommend it to anyone with a little girl!!!

Each Peach Pear Plum (Picture Puffin)
Each Peach Pear Plum (Picture Puffin)
by Allan Ahlberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!!!, 3 April 2009
I must admit I bought this because it as recommended on another site, but the first couple of times I read it to my daughter, she didn't seem that interested and I thought I had wasted my money.

However, one day she went and got the book and actually tried to say "Peach Pear Plum". I was both thrilled and shocked, as she is just over two!!!! Now it is a regular feature. Sometimes I catch her trying to read it to herself!!! It was one of the best investments I ever made!!!! Don't hesitate!! Buy it!!

I would give it a 5 star rating, butI think it should be in less flimsy.

Toddlers: The Mumsnet Guide: A Million Mums' Trade Secrets
Toddlers: The Mumsnet Guide: A Million Mums' Trade Secrets
by Morningpaper Mumsnet and the Mumsnet Mums

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed!!, 10 Mar 2009
I read all the reviews and was extremely excited about the arrival of this book. It was initially funny, but I soon became bored of it and put it down, which is not usually like me!!

It is good as an entertainment book, but if you are anything like me, you will soon lose interest and may find something else to do!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT ITEM....EVEN HUBBY STEALS IT!!!, 3 Feb 2009
I searched and searched and finally stumbled across this item. It smells divine and at least I know my baby is not being exposed to chemicals that you get in other baby products. In fact it smells so GOOD, my husband started stealing it and using it. If you search around you can get it cheaper or on special.

De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier
De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT ITEM, 22 Jan 2009
After careful research, I decided to purchase this item. I have lived at my current address for 14 years and have experienced mold etc since I moved in. Things got really bad over the past two years, but it was only after reading the review of this product that I decided to try this product. I had reached my wits end with all the issues, especially since I was worried about the effect on my daughter. I can not THANK YOU all for the reviews you wrote because it was due to what I read that I decided to give this product a try and am now reaping the benefits. I know some people have complained, but I have no complaints. Even the complaint about the noise level seems ridiculous to me. We sleep with it turned on all night and to date have no regrets. In fact quite the opposite. The day after we turned it on we saw that the condensation had become nonexistent. I can not believe the difference in the flat. The mold has totally disappeared. Warranted that my husband cleaned the walls and repainted the area, but it has totally amazed us that since we bought the machine we have had not had any of the problems that we had before.

Zapf Creation - BABY Born With Magic Eyes
Zapf Creation - BABY Born With Magic Eyes

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.............., 7 Nov 2008
I bought this initially as I intend to start potty training my daughter and thought this would be great. The fact that I got it half price was BRILLIANT. It was intended as a Christmas gift for my daughter, but needless to say as soon as we got home she was so excited. She hasn't stopped playing with it and that was two days ago. However, I cannot get the baby to squeal or say "Hi Hi". Any ideas? We haven't tried the other functions as yet, but I know what you mean about the doll not staying on the potty.

Bath Waterwheel
Bath Waterwheel

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 26 Sep 2008
This review is from: Bath Waterwheel (Baby Product)
I wouldn't have thought about buying this, but I took my toddler to a "Toddler's Group" and she spent most of the time playing with this toy. I have searched and searched and can not find a similiar product any where else. Funnily enough the one she was playing with was an elc product. I totally recommend this.

VTech Baby First Steps Baby Walker
VTech Baby First Steps Baby Walker
Offered by Thinkprice

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT TOY!! DON'T HESITATE!!, 31 Dec 2007
I kept researching and researching and didn't actually purchase this until my daughter was almost 7 months old. I heavily REGRET that! I only wish I had bought it earlier as I feel my hesitation caused my daughter to miss out on this wonderful toy. My daughter is now 12 months old and she loves it!!! It entertains her and teaches her to walk. In addition the colours and bright lights keep her busy. She loves playing it like a piano. The other great aspects are the numbers, alphabet and colours.