Profile for Bearski > Reviews

Bearski

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes

5.0 out of 5 stars great puzzler, 3 July 2014
This is a good reboot of a good early 90s puzzler. One of the better apps on the Amazon app store.

Monument Valley
Monument Valley

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and well made game., 24 May 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
Agree with most of the other reviews. This is a gorgeous and well made game, with a cute story. It could just do with being a bit tougher and a bit longer.

Carmageddon
Carmageddon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent port of a classic game., 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Carmageddon (App)
This was a game I loved as a kid and this is an excellent version of it on the kindle fire. Controls can be a little fuzzy on touch screen but apart from that well worth the 60p. Now let's see if I can finally get the secret car...

The Last Don
The Last Don

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 2 July 2013
This review is from: The Last Don (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed most of this book. I thought it was well written and and engrossing narrative.

It lost one star because quite simply it's not as good as The Godfather (a superb book) or The Sicilian (even better).

It lost another star because I can't agree with the portrayal of the child with autism in the book. The terms and definitions used are completely at odds with what is known and how we should talk about autism nowadays. The model Puzo disappointingly uses is based on a model from the 1960s which is completely at odds with what we know nowadays, and for me severely affects the validity of an otherwise fine narrative.

Slingshot Racing
Slingshot Racing

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little game., 19 May 2013
This review is from: Slingshot Racing (App)
This is a nice little game and with picking up. It would be 4 but I don't like having some of the content restricted unless I pay in an app I've already bought.

Retro Racing(Kindle Tablet Edition)
Retro Racing(Kindle Tablet Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Stripped Down Micro Machines, 10 May 2013
I like this. It's a bit like Micro Machines, but without the different cars and track layouts. A nice time waster.

Jones On Fire
Jones On Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Game., 3 May 2013
This review is from: Jones On Fire (App)
Not sure what troubles the other guy had controlling this character - I found this to be a simple and enjoyable game. The graphics are particularly kitsch. It's also refreshing to play a game that doesn't keep trying to get money out of me. Certainly worth getting while it's free, and I wouldn't begrudge paying a pound or two for this either.

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium trilogy)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Mar 2013
I loved the first book and was a bit apprehensive that this may follow a similar formula. Thankfully I was wrong. The story is well structured and moves along at a good place, evolving without getting too far fetched. It's rarely that I come across a sequel that bears such a good predecessor but this is one. If you enjoyed The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo you'll enjoy this.