Profile for Phil > Reviews

Phil

Suunto Core  - All Black
Suunto Core - All Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The watch to have!!!, 25 April 2012
I've had this watch a couple of weeks now having spent about 6 weeks looking at different types of ABC watches before I decided to buy this one.

I'm in the forces and noticed alot of the suunto's being used by my friends and colleagues, It looks slick, It looks well made and feels as if its ment to be apart of your wrist, for the size of it you hardly know its there and it doesn't feel as bulky as it looks when advertised in pictures.

I do alot of mountain biking, running, hill walking, skiing etc etc, although having not tried it too the full alot of my friends have with their own and say its accurate and takes alot if you end up in a scrape or two.

The functions are easy to use and its easy to navigate around the watch if you need to edit things like time, height and change where you are in the world etc

It comes with a 2 year guarentee from suunto which is good and it takes 5 minutes to register it online.

Ive read alot of reviews about how the battery only lasts a few months, its like anything that uses batteries the more use it and its features the more battery you use and the quicker it goes down, with this watch as long as you dont have the storm alarm on all the time when your not doing anything and you keep the watch in the locked position your battery will last a good while.

Also another gripe Ive read is how people struggle to see the screen with or without the backlight on, I dont have any problems with this, the backlight illuminates up nicely and the screen in daylight is crisp and clear so if thats put you off about purchasing this then dont be.

The only thing I dont like is the user manual is very limited with the information it gives you about the different types of functions if you wanted to really go in depth about things like barrometer readings and all that, what I did was look at a few youtube videos and within 10 minutes of looking your pretty much squared in what you need to know.

There's alot more functions that can be used on this watch than what Ive mentioned, if your like me and have compared all the watches out there you'll know what each one does and doesn't do, In my opinion this looks better than the rivals out there, it feels better and you cant go wrong with a solid make like suunto.

For the job and activities I do this is the watch for the job and would recommend anybody to get this watch as they wont be dissappointed!!!

No Title Available