Profile for Peter West > Reviews

Content by Peter West

Peter West

650ml Of Safe and Easy Concrete, Mortar, Cement, Grout Remover for Tools, Vehicles, Mixers.
Offered by DQ SERVICES

4.0 out of 5 stars Took cement off conservatory roof, 15 Mar. 2014
I have just used it on our conservatory roof. Old cement came off within 20 minutes and I was impressed. Just a few blobs of cement. Satisfied customer!

Binatone Speakeasy 5 Corded Big Button Telephone in White
Binatone Speakeasy 5 Corded Big Button Telephone in White

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor display needs AAA batteries not AA!, 19 Feb. 2013
A friend needed a wall mounted corded phone.
He had no socket near the phone so needed the Speakeasy 5 (6 needs a socket)
I downloaded the manual which clearly says and also pictures AA batteries, which my wife duly bought.
The phone needed AAA batteries!
Even with the display set at maximum it needs a good light at an angle to make the display out.
Peter West

Management in 10 Words
Management in 10 Words
by Terry Leahy

5.0 out of 5 stars What a sensible practical man, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Management in 10 Words (Hardcover)
Having shopped in Tesco over 40 years I was fascinated by Terry Leahy's down to earth way that he overtook Tesco's rivals and went international in a big way

Guide to Beekeeping (BBKA Guides)
Guide to Beekeeping (BBKA Guides)
by Ivor Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Jan. 2013
Ivor Davis is an excellent teacher and this is excellent for beginners who are prepared to read more than a simple starter. The Haynes Manual is less detailed and with more pictures for those with less time to read.

Gaggia Classic RI8161 Coffee Machine with Professional Filter Holder - Stainless Steel Body

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 18 Jan. 2013
Came sooner than expected. Highly praised by Which? Consumers Association.
Looks great. We have it all ready for coffee tomorrow morning.

Protective Carrying Case for Canon PowerShot SX220 HS Digital Camera - Extra Space for Memory Card - Hand Grip and Detachable Belt Loop
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

4.0 out of 5 stars Padded and good quality, 25 May 2012
I have carried this on a trouser belt loop for much of the last 2 months, so that my canon PowerShot SX 220 is always to hand and protected. Much better than my 2 previous camera bags. It zips up neatly and it is easy to unpack and pack my camera.

Canon IXUS 1000 HS Digital Camera (High Sensitivity 10 Megapixel, 10x Zoom, 3.0 inch LCD Screen) - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but easily damaged, not like original ixus, 1 Mar. 2012
I have kept bees for 10 years and like to take close up pictures and videos of bees on flowers, in the hive etc.
My first ixus 1000 HS I dropped a short distance into snow. It is a slippery camera and easily dropped. I like to carry my camera with me all the time and wear it in a padded bag hanging from my belt. This first camera developed mistiness when taking pictures towards light and a camera shop told me it was not repairable. I bought a second ixus 1000 HS and again sadly it has developed dents and again after a small slip and drop it has again become irreparable.
I now have to think what I should buy next, I have been very happy with canon cameras in the past but must now find something that is not slippery and does not damage so easily.
But the canon ixus 1000 HS does give excellent results.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2012 5:42 PM BST

Panasonic RP-WF950EB-S Wireless Headphones with Surround Sound- Silver
Panasonic RP-WF950EB-S Wireless Headphones with Surround Sound- Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings the TV alive - much better than listening without., 29 Feb. 2012
My husband used to retreat while 'East Enders' was on, but now I can hear much more clearly and comfortably, while he hears nothing. I have the TV output to the phones adjusted just right for me (done in menu) and he can sit with me and hear nothing!
I recommend Panasonic RP -WF950EB-S
Kath

The Trouble with Markets - Winner, Wolfson Economics Prize 2012: Saving Capitalism From Itself
by Roger Bootle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent financial exposition of our present predicament, 2 Dec. 2011
I love Roger Bootle's Monday column in the Daily Telegraph, so bought his book which takes you to October 2011. He sifts the evidence, comparing similar events in the last 100 years and exposes how wrong financial experts can be and explains the possible outcomes. He does not pull his punches, explains things well, though I did need to check the meanings of his less common words.
I certainly have a better understanding of what is going on as a result and commend it to those who want to try to understand what is happening to us, to Europe and to the World economy as a whole, and why it is happening!

Bee Manual: The Complete Step-by-step Guide to Keeping Bees (New editon available)
by Claire Waring

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Beekeeping beginners., 30 Sept. 2011
Amazon's description is very misleading as Bill Turnbull did not write this book, just the preface. Claire and Adrian Waring are very able teachers.
In East Devon we now recommend it as the best beekeeping beginners' book, and we provide it on our course.
It is full of excellent picture, is well laid out and easier to navigate than Ted Hooper's Bees and Honey which has been the most used beginners book up until now.
Amazon's price makes it more affordable.