Profile for Jack > Reviews

Content by Jack

Jack

HP Pavilion p6-2065uk Desktop PC (Intel Core i7-2600 processor, 4GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy from Amazon slightly spoiled by a few niggles, 17 July 2012
I think this was very good value for money, but for next to nothing could have been very good. My first niggle is why have a very good fast processer, a large hard drive and a 300Watt PSU that will almost certainly need upgrading if you want to improve the computer. My main use is for photographic and video processing, and I will almost certainly need a better graphics card.One that is only slightly better than the intel on the motherboard will need a bigger PSU.
Inside the case there is a huge ammount of room, but no space to put anything. It is very difficult to find anywhere to fasten a second hard drive.
If, as I did, you put the operating system on a ssd drive, and you want to boot the computer from it, try finding an easy way into the BIOS. Icouldn't but I am a computer user, not an IT expert. I have changed the boot disk in the BIOS on several occasions in the past on other computers very easily.
Another slightly mean omission is no recovery disk. You have to make your own. (It fits on three DVDs)
Despite the slightly critical now I have it up and running at a very favourable price I am delighted with it.The service from Amazon is what I have come to take for granted.First class.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2012 6:59 PM BST

Toshiba 19DV501B 19-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Built-in DVD player
Toshiba 19DV501B 19-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Built-in DVD player

3.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 19DV501B, 8 Dec 2011
Came with amazons usual speed and efficiency. The TV was a present for my daughter. I only saw it briefly When I installed it. I was very impressed with the picture, and the sound was better than expected from other reviews. My daughter is very pleased with it.

Canon Remote Control RC-06
Canon Remote Control RC-06

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon camera wireless release, 14 April 2011
The price was good, and the product works perfectly and came promptly. The instructions need careful study to discover how to change the battery, but do exactly what it says and battery removal is accomplished wihhout any damage to the component or hands!One star deducted for instructions.

Canon EOS 60D Digital Field Guide
Canon EOS 60D Digital Field Guide
by Charlotte K. Lowrie

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 29 Jan 2011
I wanted a book that I could quickly look up a feature and read a simple way of accessing it until I was familiar with the camera. I found the book a mixture of general photographic advice and a parody of the instruction manual supplied with the camera. It is not a book you can quickly find a reference and solution to a problem in.

Nature's Water Reverse Osmosis Deluxe Water Filter System Tap Faucet for Drinking Water
Offered by The Water Filter Men

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick replacement, 14 Jan 2011
Bought to replace a broken faucet tap. Fitted in about half an hour, and works faultlessly. The product arrived the day after ordering. Congratulations to vendor and postal service (PO don't get too many stars from me!!)
The only reason for not giving 5 stars is the spout feels a little fragile and looks a bit vulnerable, but excellent value for money.