Profile for pat allen > Reviews

André & Friends - Live In Maastricht [DVD] [NTSC]
André & Friends - Live In Maastricht [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ André Rieu

4.0 out of 5 stars Andre Rieu always good, 15 Nov. 2014
This was a present for my sister,she said it was lovely but did have a lot of repeats that she had on other DVDs

All Change for Nurse Millie
All Change for Nurse Millie

5.0 out of 5 stars More books please Jean, 4 Mar. 2014
I absolutely love Jean Fullerton books. I find them hard to put down once I start to read. They are written in an era I know and my husband was born in the East End and knows so many of the places mentioned, Please keep doing books as I love to hold a book and do not want Kindle!!!!

Call Nurse Millie
Call Nurse Millie

5.0 out of 5 stars Pat Allen, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Call Nurse Millie (Paperback)
This book was a fantastic read. Have read all of Jean Fullertons books and her research is second to none. They were all books that you did not want to put down. I really hope Jean is going to right a lot more books. I am about to purchase a copy of Nurse Millie for my sister in Australia as our family came from the area depicted and as my older sister she will recognise so much.

A Glimpse at Happiness
A Glimpse at Happiness

5.0 out of 5 stars could not put it down, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: A Glimpse at Happiness (Paperback)
Have been lucky enough to have these books given to me as the person realised how much I loved Catherine Cookson and these books are written in the same way. Have also read No Cure for Love. A tremendous read and I would recommend them to all who love a terrific story with great historical research. I am of an age that can remember how the East End was in the 1930s so to read of the years before puts a lot of things into perspective. Will definitely read more of these books.