Profile for C88 > Reviews

Content by C88

C88

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
32nd® Slim Armour Hard Shockproof Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy J1 (2015) SM-J100 - Light Blue
Offered by 32ndShop

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid - Doesn't Fit, 8 July 2016
Wish I'd done a bit more research in finding a case. I looked specifically for one to fit my new phone and the one that was sent is either is for a slightly different phone, or it's just very poorly made. For what you pay for it's also poor quality.

The black rubber part is slightly too small for the phone - it was so tight I was worried I might break my phone trying to get it in. Once I finally managed to get the phone to fit I took it out straight away - thinking that the extra pressure of that case on the phone would do more damage than it would protect it.

Not only is it too small, but the holes for the camera and everything on the back of the case don't line up properly - they are all slightly too low. So even if I did keep the case on the camera wouldn't be useable. The blue plastic part of the case also doesn't seem like it would stay on easily - and doesn't add any protection element to it.

Overall avoid this case - do more research and find something better.

Osprey Farpoint 80 2016
Osprey Farpoint 80 2016
Price: £106.70 - £140.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bag - But Different Layout/Design to the Farpoint 70, 30 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 80 2016 (Misc.)
I have the Farpoint 70 - and as I was going on a longer trip and needed space for a few larger/bulkier items I decided to 'upgrade' to this one.

The quality of this bag is definitely worth 5 stars - and I'm sure if you know exactly what the bag is like before purchasing you'll love it. However the reason I've given it 4 stars is none of the reviews/descriptions I could find when I ordered it weren't completely clear, so was slightly disappointed with my experience using it in comparison to my Farpoint 70.

Being the Farpoint model, I'd assumed like the 70 that the 80 would be exactly the same but slightly bigger. I'd read it had the ability to attach a bag onto it which is why I didn't really think much of it. However the Farpoint 80 doesn't have a detachable day pack like the 70 does which just unzips. I guess Osprey have some other smaller bags you can buy that do attach in some way, but I ended up taking a smaller hiking daypack packed inside to use instead.

Since it's not obvious from any descriptions I found online when buying it, I'll describe the layout of the bag so other people know what it's like (and possibly upload some photos later on).

- The straps on the back can be packed away and zipped closed. I also found you can pack a few extra bits of clothing or flip flops, so you can fit a little extra in there during transit. There is a little section for adding your address on the inside of this (however as I lock this section for flights so nothing can be put into my bag, nobody could actually see my address if it was to get lost). Would have been better having that on the outside.

- There is a pocket in the top of the bag (not able to be locked). The 'pouch' section of this pocket goes directly into the main compartment - so you lose some space if you use it. I didn't use this pocket and just found it a bit annoying.

- There is a small pocket on the very front - also not able to be locked but useful for a few small items.

- There are 2 zips to open up the main section of the bag. One smaller section at the bottom, and one that fully opens up the main compartment.

- Inside there is a small material divider, (which you can unbuckle to make more space) which separates the main compartment and the smaller bottom section (I guess mainly meant to be used for a sleeping bag or shoes).

- On the inside of the bag there are also 2 mesh pockets that zip closed. One long narrow one that runs all the way down one side of the bag. Useful for some small things but when full it does limit your spacing for packing cubes, giving you a bit less space in the main compartment. The second one is found on the inside of the front when you open up the bag. Unlike the Farpoint 70 it is one large section, not 2 smaller ones. I found this both good and bad: Good as it was easier to fit some larger items in there. But bad as things didn't really stay in place - they all bunched up down the bottom.

I think that's all the main details for the bag - and overall it is still a very good quality bag. But owning and having used the Farpoint 70 too I was a bit disappointed (based on what I was expecting). I will likely stick to my Farpoint 70 for most future trips though, as I prefer the design a bit more (though the day pack section can become quite bulky which doesn't happen with the 80).

Mad Dogs Season 1 - Official Trailer
Mad Dogs Season 1 - Official Trailer
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series in a long time!, 28 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Mad Dogs (Amazon Video)
After watching the pilot last year I couldn't wait for this to come out, especially having recently been to Belize. And once it did I watched all the episodes within a few days. It's interesting, pretty gripping and very funny (especially the first few episodes). The location of Belize is cool (never seen anything set there before) and the cast is great too. They just keep digging themselves

I know it's based on a UK series, which I haven't watched - although now I'm a little hesitant to. From the description is sounds exactly the same so I know watching it I'll just be comparing the new US version to it (and will probably know what happens). And to me when I haven't seen the UK version first (like of The Office), I've always liked the US version more (they usually have bigger budgets, so everything looks like it's better made), plus they have a lot more episodes. Season 1 of this looks like it has almost as many episodes as the UK version. I might watch it just to see where the series goes though, but hope it won't spoil future episodes of this, as I hope there are a lot more seasons of this US version.

For me this is the best series that has come out in quite a long time. I really hope there are a lot more seasons. It's got a good story, great cast and has enough action/suspense in most episodes to keep you wanting to keep watching. And had me laughing out loud - especially the first few episodes.

O'Neill Men's AC Dolomiti Beanie, Ensign Blue, One Size
O'Neill Men's AC Dolomiti Beanie, Ensign Blue, One Size
Offered by Blue Tomato

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels nice. Though not completely ideal for keeping your head ..., 13 Dec. 2015
Looks and feels nice. Though not completely ideal for keeping your head warm (at least compared to a few other ones I'd had) as it lets quite a bit of the wind through.

Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit, 17" Notebook and General Gear - Arctic Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars The Almost Perfect Travel Camera Bag, 13 Dec. 2015
I've had this bag for a few years now and it has been great for my needs, though it could do with some slight improvements to make it better (security wise).

As well as using this bag for short day trips, I've also used it for four 4-7 week trips backpacking through Asia and Central America. And for those trips it has been extremely good - fitting in a lot of gear (usually around 13kg's).

I typically have 1 full frame body with a lens attached in the camera compartment, with 2-3 other lenses and external hard drive. I can usually fit quite a bit more on top too (gopro/chargers...). It generally fits all the camera gear I need in it (though zipping it up can be a little tight when very full).

I can fit lots of my daily gear and accessories I need (passport,book,batteries, chargers, ipad...) in the top section - no real complaints about this part.

The laptop section is supposed to fit a large laptop, but I couldn't fit my 17 inch laptop in it (at least not without causing it some damage). But for backpacking trips I tend to used a smaller netbook just so I can back up photos easily. I also keep travel documents in an A4 document wallet so they are easy to access.

And then the small zipped sections on the front are big enough to fit a few extra batteries/chargers/headphones/cables and smaller things I might need access to easily.

Overall it's a great bag - can hold a ton of gear, and even when full is pretty comfortable to wear. After a few years the only damage it has received is on the water bottle holder netting (now has some large holes in it), though still does the job.

My main issues with it are with the zips - which could be improved for security (something I've very aware of when travelling). They aren't able to be locked safely/properly (you can put a lock on the string part, but that can easily be cut). I tend to put locks/carabiners on those anyway as a deterrent during the day to make sure the zips stay closed (the top zip section can open by itself when very full). And also the laptop section I've had to use a small cable lock to attach the zip to the top handle for security and to stop it opening too.

The bottom of the bag could maybe have a little more padding (for when the bag is quite full) or a harder/waterproof base - when the camera section is full, the bottom can be uneven so have to be careful putting the bag down to make sure the lenses aren't damaged. Usually this isn't a major issue though. And maybe a waterproof base could help just ensure your gear stays dry as there have been a few occasions where this would have been helpful (snow, wet floors, beaches...)

Overall I'd definitely recommend it. It's a very good bag and I wouldn't really want any other kind of camera bag for travelling/backpacking. I might be looking to update my camera bag soon (possibly to the newer version of this bag - the Lowepro 250 AW II Fastpack). But that one might still have some of the same issues I have with this bag - though it does have a built in rain cover. Or to the Pacsafe Camsafe V25 which has better security, but not sure what the top section is like.

Under Armour Closer Amalgam Update Men's Baseball Cap grey Amalgam Gray Size:FR : L-XL (Taille Fabricant : L/XL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a L/XL that actually fits, 15 Sept. 2015
Finally a L/XL that actually fits. I always find it hard to find a good fitted cap that's not too tight as my head is quite large. Usually most are too tight and cut into my head leaving marks or start giving me headaches, but this one's actually big enough. It seems good quality and looks good too. I liked it so much I ordered a second one while they had them. That one was a slightly tighter fit, but still not too bad.

Under Armour UA LAUNCH Men's Running Shorts 9 Inch black shorts blue Blue Jet Size:L
Offered by The Golf Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shorts, 20 July 2015
I had a similar pair of Nike shorts, and wanted a second pair but they were either too expensive or out of stock. Then found these and quite like Under Armour, so decided to try them.

They arrived quickly and are really nice shorts - comfy, good length (slightly above the knees), and good for walks/runs. Or even just as shorts for hot weather, or extra PJ's. Pockets are nice and deep and able to hold my phone for music/fitness apps, without the risk of falling out.

I'll probably end up getting a second pair while they are still available.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Earphones, 16 July 2015
Bought these as I wanted a decent pair or earphones that weren't too expensive. Compared to many other earphones I've used, the sound from these is really good, they fit well, are comfortable and even come with a little case (which I really like so they don't get dirty, and makes it harder to lose parts). Been using the same pair for over 3 years and still working great. Would definitely get more of these if I needed another pair.

[Top Rated Power Bank] RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack with Most Powerful 4.5A Output and iSmart Technology - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy One, 29 May 2015
Bought one of these for a backpacking trip and it was probably one of the best/most useful things I've ever bought. Something everyone should have for emergencies.

The only downside is it takes a long time to charge (maybe half a day at least). But it lasts for multiple charges of my phone/ipad and other devices that charge by usb (which is a lot of things now). Perfect for long flights or bus journeys. And it seems to charge them faster than regular wall charger.

Definitely recommend getting one.

GoPole Bobber Floating Hand Grip for GoPro HERO Cameras
GoPole Bobber Floating Hand Grip for GoPro HERO Cameras
Offered by Bike Champions

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend it for Sea and Rivers, 10 April 2015
I see they've now made a new version of this with the black grip, but I bought it when it was still the all yellow plastic version without the grip which is what my review is based on.

I bought this as I was doing some travelling which involved going to rivers and beaches, and wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose my camera (which was a good decision as I saw someone jump off a boat with theirs on a chest mount, and it came off in the sea and they lost it, so I always make sure the floaty back door or this is one a camera in the water).

This mount is quite small and light weight, so it's easy to take with you. With the GoPro attached it was still able to fit in the pocket of my swimming trunks. It seems strong and sturdy, and unlikely to break (with only one visible seal/connection at the base), and being all bright yellow it's easy to see if it does float off for some reason (and it floats well). And it did come with a wrist strap (but was hard to attach - through the gopro case as the rest of the handle/mount is smooth)

I always make sure this and/or the floaty back door is attached to my cameras when in water to prevent me from losing it. It's definitely saved my cameras a few times so highly recommend it. As I have 2 cameras I've bought a second similar one - the SP POV Buoy mount (which is similar to the new version of this with the grip, but is orange and the base unscrews to keep money/keys...).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7