Profile for M. D. Jonrs > Reviews

M. D. Jonrs (Wales)

WPS Office: PPT, DOC, XLS, PDF
WPS Office: PPT, DOC, XLS, PDF

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for Scientific documents, 26 Jan 2014
All word, power point and excel documents can be opened on it and its easy to move them to your google drive, drop box etc. The main problem, as a chemistry student is that the program will not display any equations, so if you'd like to have all your assignments at hand to remember equations you may have forgotten then this is simply not for you.

Absolutely useless. If the developers can fix this rather large problem then they would get 5 stars. As it is, its getting 1

House of Blades (The Traveler's Gate Trilogy Book 1)
House of Blades (The Traveler's Gate Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Force your self to read the first 20%, the rest is fantastic, 27 Dec 2013
I loved the way Will Wight has created a new and fantastic world. I thought it was a refreshing New take on magic, where it is earned through battling your way through your respective territories. The Vallinhall territory is wonderfully described, for some reason I pictured thy Nye as dementors. By defeating each room in turn, the travellers gain a new power, but they can't keep using these powers, they run out and need to be refilled. The fights seem a bit like top trumps, matching 1 power with another. It's a good, easy read, plenty of magic, plenty of action, a lot of sword fights and all the characters are built well. I've also just finished the second part and waiting patiently for the third, so it must be good.

BUT to get to the good stuff you have to force your way through the first 20% of the book. I very nearly discarded it as it was so slow to build, and the first proper fight scene after the villagers get taken was a bit grim. So glad that I did keep reading

Mirror Men (The Bwy Hir Trilogy Book 3)
Mirror Men (The Bwy Hir Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Trilogy I've Read For A Long Time!, 16 Dec 2013
Author Lowri Thomas sure knows how to write a good book! This trilogy had me gripped from the onset. I found book one; The Triskele back in July and soon consumed the second part. I patiently waited for the third and final part and was not disappointed! If you like your fantasy adventures you certainly will love it and you can't go wrong with the price tag attached to the kindle version, I'd be happy to pay the full price of the paper back.

It's got druids, magic, the ancient mythological Nephilim from the bible that control nature and the seasons. There's dragons and murder and backstabbing, friendship, kinship, loyalty and love (little bit of love but not much mush). You'll be happy and sad and even have a bit of a giggle at some of the things the characters say. And I guarantee you'll be reading it with a Welsh accent!

The only down side is the book is too short! I would have liked more of a background for the Tylwyth Teg and witches, how they know the things they know, maybe a prequel is on the cards? Who knows! May as well get the three of them in one go, it's xmas, you've got a few weeks off, the weather is crap, curl up in front of the fire and devour the lot. Stop reading this and buy it already!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted, 24 Mar 2013
I have to say that; if you're new to science, this won't be the only book you need. I'm in my penultimate year of a chemistry degree and found the authors basic first year concepts confusing at times, the author tries to skim over detailed topics with very little explanation! I understood it only after skimming over old notes, not sure if someone with no background would be quite so lucky. Having said that, at least you have a good idea of what may be ahead of you in the exam. I also have a decent background in physics (A level) and found the concepts a bit hard to grasp, but it became 'easier' as I refreshed my memory with old notes and good old google. The Biology section was a lot easier to grasp compared to the other two and I don't have a background further than GCSE in that, so I guess that's something.

Calculators have been banned in the exam as from 2012, which to me, is a bit of a task as I've always relied upon my trusty calculator. The author says he will take you through 'step-by-step' on how to do the calculations without a calculator - I've yet to find a good step-by-step guide. Even the material with the online access card doesn't really do it justice.

The first section was very good on explaining how to tackle the logic question in reasoning and the humanities. The tips and tricks were very informative, breaking the structure of the paragraphs down and finding the underlying topic of certain passages.

Not sure if it's worth the price tag, but, if you've got a spare hundred quid laying around, and you're seriously considering graduate entry medicine, go for it, you've nothing to loose and everything to gain.

I aim to sit the exam in September 2013, so I can not comment on whether or not it will actually help, although there is a review here off someone that has sat the GAMSAT and says that it did cover the topics required.

Take what you will from my review, and I wish you all good luck with your GAMSAT exam
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2013 4:01 PM BST