Profile for David in Herts > Reviews

Content by David in Herts

David in Herts (London, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Pettson's Inventions Deluxe
Pettson's Inventions Deluxe
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely app. Not too taxing but beautifully done., 9 July 2014
This review is from: Pettson's Inventions Deluxe (App)
I downloaded this as the free app of the day. I loved it. The puzzles aren't fiendishly difficult, but not super easy either. The whole game has a gentleness about it that is rather comforting. Some of the solutions made me chuckle as well.

Rub'N Buff, Silver Leaf
Rub'N Buff, Silver Leaf
Offered by HaberCrafts
Price: 6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - small tube but it goes a long way, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rub'N Buff, Silver Leaf (Misc.)
Excellent service from the vendor - would definitely buy from them again. When the package arrived I was a bit surprised at how small the tube looked. When I tried a small dab I was again surprised at how much area I was able to cover. The paste is very opaque and gives great coverage and a superb silver leaf effect. I'm definitely going to purchase the other colours and from the same vendor.

The City And The Stars (S.F. Masterworks)
The City And The Stars (S.F. Masterworks)
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A childhood classic revisited., 3 Jun 2014
I remember this book from the school library. Re-reading it 30 years later and it's better than I remember it. This should be on everyone's SciFi reading list - demonstration that science fiction isn't all flash bang lasers and homicidal robots.

Sissy That Walk
Sissy That Walk
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Rupaul and it's a catchy song., 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sissy That Walk (MP3 Download)
Although RuPaul has lost a few Brownie points with me recently over her use of transphobic language, this is still worth a listen. Catchy tune and some good "attitude" from one of the world's most famous drag queens.

Red Hill
Red Hill
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A really nicely written yarn, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Red Hill (Kindle Edition)
This is my first Jamie McGuire. I don't think it will be my last. I downloaded when it was on special offer. The story is fairly straightforward and not particularly original - you get a zombie apocalypse breaking out and the immediate aftermath. There are a few stereotypical characters thrown in, but I get the feeling this was done on purpose by the author - more as a nod to the genre than a defect in the author's ability or style. I cared about the characters and appreciated the interpersonal dynamic of people who are under extreme stress, which was more than just some "alpha" taking the lead and the occasional shouting match which seems to be stock plot device in movies. Not the best book I've ever read, but 5 stars for being entertaining and well written.

Let It Go
Let It Go

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Disney - what's not to love?, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Let It Go (MP3 Download)
On first hearing I wasn't that struck, but it's definitely a song that stays with you - as many parodies and condemnations on YouTube will confirm. Ms Menzel sings passionately and defiantly about how to cope with the criticism from others and the fear of criticism - let it go.

Blood Brothers: Easy Terms (arr. D. Cullen)
Blood Brothers: Easy Terms (arr. D. Cullen)
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this version of this song, 3 Jun 2014
I love Blood Brothers. This song is beautiful and this version is great. Barbara Dickson's wonderful voice accompanied by strings and wind instruments. A really great version.

Don't Hold Your Breath (Cahill Club Mix)
Don't Hold Your Breath (Cahill Club Mix)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice remix of catchy song., 3 Jun 2014
This is a nice remix of a catchy song that maintains the melody and doesn't have a 5 minute repetitive drum loop filling it out. Worth 99p.

Once Upon a Dream
Once Upon a Dream

5.0 out of 5 stars Lana - breaking the rules again., 12 May 2014
This review is from: Once Upon a Dream (MP3 Download)
Lana Del Rey's interpretation of a Disney song is everything you'd expect from Lana in that you'd never expect this interpretation. Slow, creepy and you find yourself humming along afterwards. I could have done without the "crackle" special effect, but other than that, perfect.

Undo (Eurovision 2014 - Sweden)
Undo (Eurovision 2014 - Sweden)
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad that there could only be one winner - this is great., 12 May 2014
Sanna Nielson sounds, on occasions, likes she's channelling Celine and delivers a great performance. A singer who plays her voice as an instrument rather than just banging out a song. It's a shame that this year's Eurovision had so many great songs. This would have won in any other year.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6