Profile for JoeRed > Reviews

Ohropax Earplugs Soft
Ohropax Earplugs Soft
Offered by Sleepstar Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Dec 2012
These are very good and very comfortable. Some people said they were a bit hard, but they are way better than cheaper ones like EAR, and personally I think they are just right. Hardly notice them when I am asleep. Very pleased with them.

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Offered by Yk dealz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DSLR, particularly for beginners, only problem battery life, 9 Oct 2011
After looking at possibly hundreds of reviews for cameras I settled on this one, despite it being slightly more expensive than other entry models at the time, and I have to say it was the right decision. This is my first DSLR but I am by no means a beginner having used many other cameras and particularly bridge cameras until now.

1) Picture Quality
This really is very good, especially with the 'Active D Lighting' which can really brighten and enhance some shots. I have taken many photos with this camera and have not been disappointed by them at all, although I think the kit lens sometimes let's the side down, it has some distortion round the edges. Furthermore I have a friend with a Canon 500D and we both think the Nikon seems to take better photos.

2) Low light
The camera generally performs well in these areas although you will see noise on anything at 800 ISO and above. 800 is generally ok though and at 1600 it is more noticeable, particularly when blown up.

3) Build Quality and handling
Overall the camera seems well built, although some might think it a bit plasticy, but for me it is fine. The camera itself is actually quite small for a DSLR and those with bigger hands may find the grip not as comfortable, but it's not a major issue.

4) Battery life
This is the only thing that seems to let the side down. Quite often I have turned it on to check and it has full power but within 30 mins of use it falls right down. While this is clearly a drawback I would recommend just making sure you always charge the battery before going out, which isn't really much of a hassle

5) HD video
Not really used this feature as its not what I bought the camera for but a brief test did seem to produce good results, however the lens isn't silent so can be heard if you use autofocus.

Overall this really is a very good camera for the money, and I can see that the Guide Mode would be very useful to those who are new to DSLRs. Therefore I recommend it to anyone considering it as it has all things I think an entry level camera should.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 12:27 AM GMT

Belkin In Car Tunecast Auto Live FM Transmitter Charge and Play for iPhone 4 and 4s
Offered by Gagi Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, not had any problems, 3 Sep 2011
After looking at many reviews settled on this. It works like a dream, managed to get a frequency very quickly and have stuck to that and seems to work round most of the South East. Sometimes there is a little interference from my iPhone but it's not a major issue. Also it seems to do a good job of overriding even other stations including BBC London. Would definitely recommend, especially as it's much cheaper on amazon than the high street.

In The Loop [DVD]
In The Loop [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hollander

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan of the Thick of it? You will like this, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: In The Loop [DVD] (DVD)
After watching The Thick of It and really enjoying it I thought I would pick up this other Iannuci production, and I have to say I wasn't let down. A very good plot, well acted with of course the brilliant Peter Capaldi as Tucker. Definitely recommend to those who enjoyed the thick of it or want to see top quality satire and British comedy at it's best